“Delightful, authentic(ish) and right on the money.” 5 of 5 bubbles

El Tequila
Ranked #22 of 1,301 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Agra, Oklahoma, United States
“Delightful, authentic(ish) and right on the money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped in on a whim, being in the area and starving, and we are so glad we did. Our son in law is a proud Mexican American who has very high standards when it comes to Mexican food. He had no complaints when we left. Despite coming in at the height of the Saturday rush, with at least a dozen names ahead of us on the list, we were seated in under twenty minutes. The chips and salsa were made fresh in house,mwhich is getting to be a rarity these days. The adults split a pitcher of the house specialty margarita, and it was both delicious and inexpensive. I had the garlic shrimp(camarones de ajo). They were almost more than I could eat in one sitting, which my friends know is saying something when it comes to shrimp. My wife had the beefsteak ranchero, and loved every bite. My son in law had a chicken and chorizo dish we all tried to steal off of his plate. The girls had tamales and enchiladas and had to take home leftovers(again, a major thing to those who know them. The meal with drinks for all five adults came to under a hundred dollars. We have spent much more for much less, let me tell you.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jon K

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good Mexican food at a good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Good for travelers, just off of I-44 at Harvard. Had been once before, and thought El Tequila was nothing special. But, we went back with family, and had a much better experience. I had a shrimp burrito with spinach, and was very delicious. Others had the fish (wonderful texture, and not overcooked), pork burrito, everything was very good. The guacamole, queso, and salsa were good. Noticed the tortillas for tacos, were a little bready, but I found it different and good.
The restaurant was very crowded, and service was not quick, but friendly and efficient. We had a party of six and half were drinking, and it was less than $100, so I would say it was a good value.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bixby, OK.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“El Tequila 81st and Memorial”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Fun place, great food, cheese queso the best. Margaritas are great. Good place to meet up with friends. This is our T.G.I.F. place

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Chas410
“Our new favorite Mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Great guacamole, good chips and salsa, fast service and really hot food.
Loved their tortilla soup. The best chicken enchiladas I have ever had with the best tomatillo sauce ever.
It was crazy busy when we were there but the staff was dealing with it well. Going back!

Mansfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect dinner stop while travelling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This restaurant had all the qualities I like. The food was delicious. Best fish tacos other than at the San Diego pier. The margarita was excellent and generous. The staff was friendly and very efficient. And the price for dinner was very reasonable. Great stop while travelling and look forward to going back again.

• Visited August 2012