“Good Queso!”

Charleston's
Ranked #69 of 1,343 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We were near this restaurant and needed a quick bite so we chose it from Trip Advisor rating. Good choice! The queso was wonderful - could have made a meal off of it! The enchiladas were yummy. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The tables each have individual lamps, creating a really warm ambience. ANYTHING on the menu tastes amazing. The service is quick and friendly. My husband and I keep returning there for quiet, easy-conversation dates, because it has never, ever disappointed us.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I have been to this Charleston's probably 15-20 times over the years and have always marveled at the great service. Someone has trained this staff right. They tend to work as a team and I have yet to spot any of the servers who do not seem happy to be there. We like to sit in the bar area and occasionally go to happy hour with discounted appetizers when you sit at the bar. I particularly like the queso. It is so much better than the runny stuff you usually find at "Mexican" restaurants. It's hardy and there's usually enough left over, you can take it with you with fresh chips they provide. Their sandwiches are good (Chicken Ciabatta, French Dip) with daily soups of the day. Their salads are very good and I really like their enchilada plate. They have a great varied menu and I haven't tried everything yet, but after reading some of the other reviews, I plan to try the filet on our next visit. If you like sports, they do have several flat screens placed strategically in the bar area and even have small flat screens above the urinals in the mens restrooms! We have gone to the South Yale location a couple of times and had similar good experience. We just go to the Peoria location because it's so much closer to home.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have eaten at Charleston's many times over the years and have never been disappointed. The menu selection is varied and you always receive a lot of food for the price. The Walt's Champagne Salad is one of my favorites. The Reuben Sandwich is the best I've ever had. And the Steaks are excellent as are the seafood and poultry entrees. Service is always impeccable. Whether we are going out as a couple or take along the entire family with the grandkids, we are always served promptly and courteously and our food is great. The atmosphere is very pleasant and not "bar-like". You can actually carry on a conversation at your table without shouting and can hear one another. Although we have never had a bad experience at a Charleston's, this location on Peoria in Tulsa is exceptional.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We ate at this restaurant twice during our trip to Tulsa. They have a gluten-free menu with good options. The first meal I had was a center-cut filet grilled over hickory so it had a smoky flavor. It was properly cooked. The salad was fresh and the baked potato was good. The second meal I had was two huge pork chops with a baked potato and baked beans. All the food was pretty good. My husband had the chips and queso and cornmeal-fried catfish both times. He liked them. Service was good and attentive.

Restaurant seating is mostly booths, with a separate bar section that has a few tables. Parking is free.