“Not REALLY gluten free”

Andolini's Pizzeria
Ranked #3 of 1,375 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Andolini's Pizzeria on Cherry Street in Tulsa, 96th Street in Owasso, in the Rose District in Broken Arrow, and on the Riverwalk in Jenks. Andolini's is a local business run by two brothers, Mike and Jim Bausch. Mike and Jim grew up in Jersey and spent time on the West Coast, too, and bring the full range of great pizza and Italian cuisine to their restaurants in the Tulsa metro. Everything that can be made in house, is made in house. That includes the dough/crusts, the sauces, dressings, mozzarella cheese – even the sausage is handmade at the store. No freezers, no microwaves, no rolling pins (we toss dough!) and no sheeters. The Tulsa, Broken Arrow, and Jenks stores feature an open kitchen and all locations have multideck Rotoflex pizza ovens that can handle multiple 20" pizzas at once.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My friend and I are both gluten intolerant. Andolini's makes its own GF crust so we were quite excited to eat here. We each ordered a pizza so we would have leftovers. Salads were great. Had gluten free Tiramocha for dessert. That evening/next morning we both got sick, meaning we ate gluten. I get seriously ill from gluten, which is why I gave it such a low score. While I appreciate their efforts, I still was quite ill after eating there. I do NOT recommend for gluten free customers.

2  Thank BarbaraP101
MVavrinak, Public Relations Manager at Andolini's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hi, Barbara

First off, we are sincerely sorry you had an adverse reaction. Our kitchen staff works very hard to keep our Gluten Free-designated items gluten free, including using separate work surfaces, separate utensils, etc., to minimize the chance of cross-contamination. Two of the owners, Mike and Jim, have family members with Celiac disease (including their mother) so they DO take GF issues very seriously. Based on your information, we are re-examing processes and procedures to see if there are sources we've missed or further training needed, but it would be impossible for us to guarantee no exposure whatsoever when we are also tossing wheat-based pizza dough in an open kitchen. We apologize for the inconvenience and the outcome of your visit.

Mandy Vavrinak
Public Relations for Andolini's Pizzerias

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food, friendly service and charming atmosphere combine for a delightful eating experience. The restaurant was quite busy, but we did not wait long. While the dining room was lively, conversing was pleasant. We LOVED that they give small children a ball of dough to play with while they're at the table.

1  Thank EGPike
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We ate here on a Saturday night and arrived at around 7 and it was crazy! We were told about 15-20 minutes and ended up waiting close to 50 minutes. The hostess seemed to have a hard time keeping up with it all and there were many periods of time when there were empty tables waiting to be cleared and seated--just made me want to jump in and help her!
We kept waiting because we had already invested so much time and were finally seated in the back by the bar. Definitely a noisy place when it's busy so not good for any "real" conversation.
The pizzas are huge and were all very tasty. Daughter had one of the sandwiches which she loved--it is served with bread "French fries"--kind of odd.
Overall, great pizza but don't go at "rush hour"!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We ate lunch at Andolini's based upon ratings here on TA. We were more than pleased! It was a lovely atmosphere with a large open space. We had a toddler with us and the cooks (seen behind the glass partition) smiled and waved at her, which she loved! The service was great. The food was amazing! We each ordered the lunch unlimited pizza/salad. The salad was fresh (you MUST try the mango vinaigrette) and delicious. The pizza was outstanding. I had the "slice of the day" which was the roasted garlic, and it was so flavorful and tasty. My daughters had both the sausage and the cheese, and both were pleased. I do love pizza, and this will be a new favorite when I visit Tulsa again!

3  Thank Massdane
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This wasn't our first visit but definitely our most entertaining. Our server was awesome and able to keep up with our irreverent group. Chatted with the table next to us. And the food was just ad described, tasty and served timely. Must admit I love the garlic knots.

1  Thank Chevare

Been to Andolini's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!