“Gwen D.”

Big Anthony's BBQ
Ranked #98 of 1,303 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family owned and operated, Tulsa's Best "little" BBQ Restaurant. We hard-wood smoke our "meat candy" ribs every day. Come early, when the ribs sell out the lights turn off. We offer a variety of smoked meats, BBQ dinners and Family pack options for dine in or to-go. We also offer corporate catering, party and event services and delivery for our business orders.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Gwen D.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I recently shared Sunday dinner at Big Anthony's BBQ-food, atmosphere, and customer service are beyond outstanding. You can bet I have returned since and will be a repeat customer. I can't say enough about desserts-Wow the best sweet potato pie this side of the Mississippi-

• Visited August 2013

“So glad we tried this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My family and I are on a month long driving vacation and we are trying to eat local if possible. We decided to stop in Tulsa and have lunch. We were fortunate enough to have found Big Anthony's BBQ.

We've had BBQ all over TX in Memphis and Nashville, etc. I've got to say this place rivals out favorite BBQ places.

Try the spicy BBQ sauce. You can't go wrong with any of the meats. Also, they grilled some fresh veggies for me although all the comfort food sides were present and tasty.

The owners are very service oriented and we enjoyed the total experience.

1 Thank Smuzzie1
Tulsa
“Its the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Anthonys BBQ is outstanding! You must have the bacon cabbage. It is to die for! Anthony and his wife bend overbackwards to make sure you are completely satisfied . You wont leave hungry thats for sure!!

Houston, Texas
“Brisket Sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I thought I would try this place Fter reading reviews here. Ordered the brisket sandwich with beans and potato salad. With tea the total before tip was 11.35. I thought the meat tasted very good along with the beans. The potato salad was very moist but wasn't my favorite taste wise. Also the bun was a regular hamburger bun and should have been a high quality. While the meat and beans were very good there weren't enough of either on my plate. The beans serving size should be increased. Also the meat could have been a little more plentiful on the bun.

I wish I could eat here again but I travelling through here. I give it an overall 4 but there is room for improvement. Service was good.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mike60984
Oklahoma
“Best place I never heard of!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Lived in Tulsa most of my life, and was surprised to read about Big Anthony's while looking thru Trip Advisor for a place to have Sunday Brunch....It had great reviews, and I had never even heard of the place! So decided to pass up Sunday Brunch and try the Sunday buffet at Big Anthony's instead - good decision! First, it's kind of hard to find in a little strip center with not much signage. And it's a small place. Only open Wednesday thru Sunday, and on Sunday only they have a buffet where they fix your plate with whatever combination of meats and sides you want for $8.99. It's one trip only, but they pile your plate as high as you like. The meats were all delicious, hard to pick a favorite. And all the sides we tried were above average, I loved the beans and potato salad. Had a great visit with Big Anthony who came out of the kitchen to see how we were enjoying the meal. His wife and daughter were his co-workers and they were delightful. Most of his business is in catering, which would be a great option for anyone planning an event. Thank you Trip Advisor!

Visited June 2013

Been to Big Anthony's BBQ? Share your experiences!