“Go east one more exit for better hotels”

Comfort Inn Midtown
Ranked #35 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Chicago, Illinois
“Go east one more exit for better hotels”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

I was surprised when the sign outside said the price was $89 a night, and I got the room for $59. I thought Baymont had a good reputation, but I didn't care for this hotel at all. It was kind of dirty-carpeting in halls and rooms were worn and smelly (I know, we had 2 different rooms) The room smelled kind of bad and the beds and bedding were quite worn and beds were very small, for double beds. I will say though, that the bathroom was the cleanest and most updated room in both rooms we got.

We did find a small roach in our room, and if it had been any earlier than 1:30 am, we would have been out of there. We called the front desk, they gave us a room on another floor, apologized our ears off, and we saw no more roaches. That didn't help me sleep though. I was up until 4:30 am-COULDN'T SLEEP!

When we left the next day, we found that just 1 exit east (eastbound on I-44) there are lots of nice hotels at that exit. Problem was for us that we got in late, didn't know the Tulsa area, and figured that it was too late to search for another room at that point. That, however, does not help you get any rest when you need to drive to Chicago the next day. From now on, I will happily spend more money in a chain that I know has a better reputation. I try to Priceline 3 star hotels whenever I can-and I am never disappointed.

My advice, spend a few more bucks-you'll be able to sleep, besides it's a vacation, not a lifestyle-how much can it cost in the long haul?

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

This hotel was originally a Budgetal that Baymont took over. They have done a nice job of renovating (though it appears the renovation took place awhile back). The staff was friendly, though the front desk area needs some updating/remodeling.

It is an interior-access hotel with elevator (should be a given, but strangely not all interior access hotels have them).

The rooms are nice, no frills, but clean and have a nice large work area (good for business travelers). The beds were more comfortable than I expected, and the A/C worked very well. Bathroom was a bit small and showing a few signs of age, but overall nice and clean. No big complaints.

Offered continental breakfast with typical fare.

A *great* value for those staying in Tulsa. We got the AAA rate of $49.50, and this property is just as good if not better than other Baymont Inns we've stayed at for higher rates. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
OKC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2009

It was a horrible stay.When we first got there, in between the two beds, I found an piece of a condom wrapper on the floor, that clearly read "Trojan." Within three hours my children went through four pair of socks because the floors were filthy. Barefooted my son's feet looked like they had ran through ashes. The covers had urine colored stains on them. They didn't have cribs available like most hotels do. The elevator smelled horrible and it gave me an instant headache. The room had no shower curtain in it. We booked through Priceline (that was the third party biller) and because their customer relations office was closed til the next morning, we were instructed if we left we would get no refund on our CC. So, we were forced to wait it out, which I literally did. As soon as we got the okay we were out of there! I would never go back. It was supposed to be a little family get away and it almost ruined the whole trip. Thank goodness for the Radisson! They made the rest of the stay awesome!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

Mix-up in reservations, management handled to our satisfaction, 2 room suite for the rest of our stay. 2 rm suite was wonderfull. clean and huge. very nice living room, large bedroom. beds were great, very comfy.housekeeping should check fridges for left overs, and replenish coffee, but otherwise perfect. will stay there again. all hotels in area have auto breakins, not just this one. we had no problem. out of parking lot is rough, just go slow. easy access to the fairgrounds and places to eat.

Stayed July 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2008

Although the hotel advertises that it gives local calls for free. The phone was turned off because I booked through Expedia. When I notified the front desk that there was an emergency (my Mother was dying), I had to run to the front desk to leave a credit card number. The phone never would make a long distance call and my card was charged for phone service that was useless to me. Even though I had notified the front desk of the situation and that it was an emergency, I called the front desk a number of times and was given the answer "i'm working on it." I gave up and drove to the hospital to try and locate my family (even though I didn't know if my Mom had died while I was flying in). When I left the hotel, the lady at the front desk was checking people in. Obviously, business was more important than an emergency. DO NOT stay here if you have an ill loved one in the area that you are trying to check on.

• Liked — Closeness to the hospital
  • Disliked — Terrible service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
Liberty, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2008

Gross! The hotel is very run-down and dirty. The elevator is disgusting and the Days Inn in front of the hotel looks like a crack haven. The area is just torn to pieces (it looks like there used to be a go-cart track to the side but it is all a ruble and concrete now.) BTW- don't ask for anything from the front desk- I called the them to ask for directions to the zoo, she told me "I don't know; I'm not from Tulsa." I asked her if maybe one of her co-workers may know and she replied "They all speak Spanish!" Nice! Avoid this hotel-just nasty.

• Liked — Yuck
  • Disliked — Everything-gross
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Mpls, MN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2008

The sign on the lobby desk - Police are warning of vehicle breakins. I asked the clerk and she said the warning was concerning vehicles with GPS. The area next to the elevator had a pile of dirt. The elevator was beat up and a terrible odor. I stepped onto the 4th floor and the ceiling tiles were stained from water damage and a few tiles were even hanging down. The odor became worse as I walked down the hall. I didn't even go into the room, as I turned around half way down the hall and decided this was not for me.

• Liked — The outside of the building!
  • Disliked — Water stained ceiling tiles hanging down
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo