“Casino Traveler” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Rochester,MN
“Casino Traveler”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

You are very close to I-44. Convenient location near St. Francis Hospital and many restaurants. The price was right. Very clean and nice breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Casinos are not in that area, but Tulsa is very easy to get around in. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: We always ask for top floor away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrogRochester_MN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was having a birthday party at the Tulsa Select Hotel but myself and all my guests stayed at the Baymont. I had previously blocked 20 rooms but told the hotel I didn't know the exact amount of rooms I would need. I was told I could have the conference room contingent on how many people stayed in the blocked rooms. When I arrived the desk clerk gave me the key to my room but not the conference room until she could verify that Icould have the room free. I then booked a more expensive room, a suite in case I didn't get the conference room and my guests could visit there instead. Hours later in the lobby without a word from me the desk clerk called me over and handed me the conference room keys without a word. I had nine people that stayed at her hotel because of me netting the hotel between $500 and $600 dollars. The next day I found out I was charged for the conference room When I talked to the manager Pam Brun on 1/7/13 she said I will meet with the clerk that was on duty Saturday night. Pam said she would see her in a meeting that day and would determine if I would get a refund. Pam Bruns lied and never returned my call. I found out by calling back on 1/8/13 that they were refusing the refund. Pam Bruns never called me back but a different desk clerk relayed the information to me. I can prove that more of the twenty rooms were not occupied due to unforeseen circumstances such as sudden hospitalization of the father of persons that would have occupied three rooms, car towed on the way to the airport because of a blown out tire and one stewardess that was supposed to be in Tulsa but had to pull a different shift out of state. The bottom line is I still filled 9 of her hotel rooms due to people staying at Baymont Inn because I asked them to and Pam Brun NEVER said that all the blocked rooms needed to be filled to throw in a seventy eight dollar conference room. It was also a lie and unprofessional to say I'll call you later with my decision and never do it! My credit card for the conference room was ran without my authorization and if I couldn't get the conference room free I should have been told.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank RitaCastle

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Edmond, OK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've been pleased with this hotel overall in the past, but our most recent stay had some problems. The main problem is that I booked over a month in advance and was told I could have a smoking suite. When we arrived all the smoking suites were full. The person at the front desk checked to see who took my reservation, said "ohhhh" and rolled her eyes. The room was clean and comfortable, although I noticed the suites on the 2nd floor are smaller than on the 4th for the same price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank OkieRobin
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were very happy with a clean room, clean bathroom and pleasant clerks. Carpet could use a good cleaning, but was not bad. Close to restaurants - a little hard to get to, but the price was worth the effort.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. The staff were all friendly and had great customer service.
There were a few restaurants near by but we chose to eat at at Applebee's whih I would recommend for a meal.
The rooms were spacious comfortable and very clean.
Perfect location to get back on the main road or even back onto the old route 66

• Stayed November 2012