“Not that impressed ...”

The Ridge Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ridge Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 1,309 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Steaks, seafood, very nice
Jenks, Oklahoma
“Not that impressed ...”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Upon the recommendations of some friends, we decided to give this place a try.

One of the considerations in opting to try The Ridge was that they listed certain brands of beer on their menu that is not served in very many restaurants ... beers of which I am particularly fond of. We were told they haven't had these beers in quite awhile because they are hard to get. I know for a fact that that statement was not true. STRIKE ONE --- don't lie to me.

The food was mediocre at best. The appetizer we ordered was so fatty that it was almost inedible. I ordered the rib-eye and while it was seasoned well and cooked to my exact specification, the meat was very chewy --- even for a rib-eye.

I know that I probably shouldn't rate a place on just one experience but my instincts say that this place is not not my "cup of tea". The atmosphere is pretty stuffy -- as was our server. The food is not that great of quality and was over-priced for the quality that we received.

I may try it one more time but it is going to take some convincing to get me back ...

Visited April 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Overrated”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Several friends have recommended this as a good place to eat and have a cocktail. We had avoided it based on Urban Spoon reviews, but decided to give it a try anyway.

First, their website needs updating. They listed a certain beer we really enjoy, but when we arrived, they told us they no longer had it.

We ordered the crab dip appetizer. It was about 80% breading, 10% fat, and somewhere in there was some crab and cheese. Terrible, terrible appetizer. They should take it off the menu. It was $12 worth of disgusting.

The fresh, hot bread with olive oil & herbs for dipping was excellent. Hint: stick with this bread as your appetizer and you can't go wrong.

My husband ordered the bone-in rib eye. Seasoning was good, but the steak was not very tender. The potatoes, while they had skins mashed in them (indicating fresh potatoes) were mealy and had the distinct texture of instant potatoes. Not sure what was up with that, but they weren't good. Bottom line, rib eye not worth the price and a baked potato would've been nice.

I ordered the fig, walnut & Gorgonzola pasta, and requested that they add chicken to it. It was dressed with olive oil and had whole cloves of roasted garlic. The flavor was nice, but a little garlic goes a long, long way. They added more than a pound of chicken to this pasta dish! While I appreciate the gesture, who the heck can eat more than a whole pound of chicken in one meal? All in all I found the dish to be just "okay". Not bad, not excellent, just...eh, okay. But a huge portion, not necessary in my opinion.

Service was fine; waiter was attentive and articulate. He checked on us several times throughout the meal - not too intrusive, just right. .

Probably won't return any time soon.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank GoddessOfTheBeach
Tulsa, OK.
“Classy Restaurant With A Big Heart”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I contacted The Ridge online to inquire about a reservation on the Saturday after Valentine's Day. After reading reviews, I was excited to to discover the chef at The Ridge was the former chef at Atlantic Sea Grill.

For those unfamiliar with Atlantic Sea Grill, it was a fantastic restaurant that had been in Tulsa for years but was destroyed, and never rebuilt, after a fire.

My husband and I had frequented ASG as high-school teens with his parents, dates after college, anniversaries after we married, then with our children. The place held so many memories and was our chosen spot for special occasion. We were disheartened when it was not rebuilt. There is no other place in town with the quality, seafood, and ambiance of The Atlantic Sea Grill.

Fast forward to our 15th wedding anniversary in February 2013. My husband received some bad news concerning his health and was in the dumps. While searching for a place to celebrate our anniversary I read the ASG chef was at The Ridge.

When I emailed The Ridge I shared our history and joy about discovering the former chef at their establishment. Never expecting special treatment but rather to show my husband would be surprised and his spirits lifted by a simple dinner at The Ridge. I even asked if it would be possible to make my husband's favorite appetizer (Blackened angel shrimp and spinach) that wasn't on the Ridge's menu.

The manager, Matt, went above and beyond. He talked to the chef and he would have the appetizer for us. When we drove into the parking lot the Marquis had our names on it. Happy 15th anniversary Millers. It brought tears to my eyes. He didn't have to do any of that and wasn't asked to. that doesn't happen these days. The kindness has floored me.

The food, atmosphere, and staff were incredible. We felt like celebrities. The chef came over and introduced himself and we shared how his culinary talent has touched our lives and been there for all those milestones. The owner talked to us too. These people get it! We all are connected and I can't tell you how beautiful it was to be treated that way.

Go to The Ridge. Delicious food and run by people with heart. You won't regret it!

• Visited February 2013
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Way better than I could have ever thought”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Me and my husband went to the Ridge Grill and bar for a belated Valentines dinner. We fell in love. The restaurant had a great atmosphere. The wait staff were all so nice. Everyone help out everyone there. Me and my husband started with the crab cake wow was it good. It came on a bed of red slaw with a sauce that had a little spicy kick to it. Not to hot at all very good. I ordered the lobster mac and cheese. Oh My!!! heaven in my mouth. I usually do not get a dish that is all the same food I like variety cause I will get tired of what I am eating....not with this I had to make myself stop so I my stomach would not hurt. My husband ordered the surf and turf. He said the steak was the best he had ever had and the lobster tail was the biggest I have ever seen, it came with mashed potatoes and seasoned veggies. My husband is a big salt fan. He said everything was so good that he did not even need to add salt. :) that is a big complement from him. We will definitely go back.

• Visited February 2013
Bixby, Oklahoma, United States
“I love this place”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

After visiting several times I feel right at home at The Ridge. All the staff are great and very pleasant. The menu covers a wide range of tastes, the steaks and burgers are excellent, and don't pass up the lobster mac cheese, blue crab dip, or volcano shrimp.

• Visited September 2012

Been to The Ridge Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!