“To Much Fun!!!”

Ranked #61 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Pryor, Oklahoma
“To Much Fun!!!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I want to thank the staff at Trade winds Central. We booked three rooms for my husband’s 45th birthday party and he had a blast! It was wonderful going to a club (The Elephant Run) within the hotel….No driving & no worries. When we arrived we were greeted at the front desk by the sweetest elderly lady I’d ever met. We needed extra towels and they were quickly received. I also enjoy my coffee in the morning and you folks had it all in the rooms so that I didn’t even have to leave until I was completely ready. While packing there were things I had forgotten and yet there was every store I could possible think of actually within walking distance, though I drove to retrieve those items. Again thank you Trade Winds, we look forward to our next stay with you folk there in Tulsa.

Room Tip: Trade Winds offers rooms "inside"~ if you step out of your door you are in a carpeted hall...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Springtown, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2012

What a dump! We had three rooms booked for the week. All three had issues with the air conditioner. When we mentioned it staff, they suggested we move rooms. Which we did but it didn't help, that air conditioner wasn't any better. The mattresses are old, stained & uncomfortable. Nasty bedspreads & towels you can tell they don't thoroughly clean the rooms. We stayed for three nights & decided to leave. We complained to staff & asked for a refund on the rest of the days we had left & they said "No refunds". I hope they use the money towards upgrading & remodeling.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lorena R
evelyny, Director of Sales at Trade Winds Central Inn, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel property. We appreciate all our guests taking the time to give us constructive feedback. We use your comments to help better understand our guest's concerns and expectations. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not what you had expected. I hope that you would reconsider and give us another chance to improve your hotel stay the next time in town.

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The entire facility is filthy and run down. Broken toilet seat, holes in the towels, stains and gum on the carpet, dust on the walls, noisey, no one made up the room, no customer service, too much wrong with this place to mention.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank frauevi
evelyny, Director of Sales at Trade Winds Central Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to address your concerns. Receiving guest feedback is a valuable tool in improving the quality of our service. I am sorry your stay was not what you expected. I hope you might give us another try the next time in town, so that we can better accomodate you.
Van Buren, Arkansas
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have actually stayed in worse places, but not with my wife and kids. When I was in college this type of place would be the one we would go to because of a super low price and we didn't expect much. On this one night trip to Tulsa I wish I had spent another $20-$25 for each of the rooms we booked online to stay at a much safer and well known hotel chain. The rooms were passable, but old, out-of-date and minimalistic.

We didn't feel very safe at this hotel at all. There were lots of 'sketchy' characters coming and going at a couple of rooms a door or two down from us. We got 3 calls to our room at around 2am asking; "Is this Aloha?" I'm assuming it was some kind of drug code to see if anyone in that room was holding or selling 'stuff'.

Our A/C didn't work that great and the pool, while it looked ok, was only open until 10pm (we got in late and had to go eat first so the kids couldn't swim) and then the pool didn't open again until 10am the next morning, which we were checking out by then.

The provided 'hot' breakfast' bar was so minimal it was ridiculous. Small cheese omeletes and and biscuits and gravy. The poor old lady that was manning it must have been told to not put too much food out at a time as when we got there the bar only had one biscuit and no omeletes. She would bring out 5 or 6 omeletes and biscuits at a time as she warmed them up to keep from overstocking things, but it made us think we weren't welcome to eat all we wanted (possibly a deterrent?). Only coffee, OJ and milk. Very disappointed in the breakfast for sure.

You always hear "You get what you pay for..." and in this case we didn't pay much and we didn't get much. I would not recommend this hotel unless you have next to no standards...or if you know what a 2am phone call asking "Is this Aloha?" means.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Find another place!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hogfan949701
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We rented 2 rooms for 1 night and wouldn't stay here again if it was free. The rooms were filthy ~ used water bottles & cigarette wrapper under the desk, soda tabs in the corner, mattresses & bedspreads were heavily stained, desk chair had "wet residue" on the seat. The staff was uncooperative and unconcerned. We were told they would settle up with us in the morning only to find out that was untrue. Band in the night club played until 1am and you didn't need to go to the club to hear the music.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs. If you feel you need to stay, request a room away from the night clu...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa G
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Although this is an older facility (formerly a Best Western) it seems to be well managed. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly and I was able to negotiate a very good rate with Sandi at the front desk. They also have their own rewards system where every tenth night is free. The beds and pillows are comfortable and the housekeeping was on par. The Elephant Club is also located in this facility where they have drink and meal specials. (I will probably write a review for the club at a later time.) They have a hot breakfast of egg omelets with cheese, pork sausage, gravy and biscuits, and the usual fare of juices, coffee, muffins, etc. Once again, this is an older facility so the rooms are somewhat dated, but the regular creature comforts are very good. I was most impressed by the helpfulness of the staff. I am rating "Location" as "Average" because there is a lot of road construction going on and traffic can be a mess, but you are minutes away from downtown Tulsa.

Room Tip: Take the coffee cup from your room when you go to get breakfast, as the cups they provide in the din...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank gharrell
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love getting feedback from our guests and we appreciate your response. The next time you are in Tulsa, stop by and see us again!