Tripadvisor

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elgin
Description: Downtown Tulsa’s award winning farm-to-table restaurant, Juniper, changes with the seasons to bring guests creative, modern cuisine focused on delicious, locally sourced ingredients. Juniper boasts a beautiful and intimate downtown setting with its rustic brick columns, commissioned art by local artists, and a warm and inviting atmosphere. Designed and constructed by award-winning Chef Justin Thompson, Juniper offers an approachable, and fun, fine dining experience. In addition to our seasonal menus, enjoy one of the fresh selections from the weekly Chef’s specials menu and pair your evening with a craft cocktail utilizing one of Juniper’s own house-infused spirits. Since opening in 2011, Justin and the talented chef’s at Juniper have created more than 2,000 different tasty and creative dishes that have made it onto these special menus. Looking for the full-blown foodie experience? Enjoy Justin’s signature five course Chef’s tasting menu with Sommelier selected wine pairings. For a night out before a show, a special dinner with friends, or an intimate dinner for two, Juniper is always in season.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

After a long drive from Dallas you want to reward yourself and your significant other with a nice dinner and Juniper was the right place. Conveniently located 5 minutes from the hotel we were staying downtown, we had an early reservation and were back within an hour. The service was prompt. Wine selections are plentiful without being too crazy. My wife ordered the steak tartare as her main entree and I went for the beef stroganoff. It was SPECTACULAR. The right portion of the steak, the seasonings, the pasta, everything spoke about the mastery they have accomplished. I heard this option had been in the menu since its inception. We couldn’t resist a creme brûlée and left very happy. It’s priced accordingly to the quality served. If you plan to order appetizers and a bottle of wine be prepared to pay around $200 with tip.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (317)

Reviewed January 6, 2020

In Tulsa for business meetings. Picked Juniper for a dinner the night we arrived. Located in the downtown area, Juniper was easy to find. The restaurant is nicely appointed. The menu while not large had plenty of options. I opted for the tasting menu which was way more food that I could eat. It included orange toast, brown butter trout, and beef stroganoff. All were well prepared. Service was attentive, but not intrusive. All around a very good choice.

N*joy...

Reviewed January 2, 2020

It was very noisy the night we went during Christmas with lots of young children and crying babies. Tough to relax!

Reviewed December 8, 2019

This place is doing everything right. Our waiter was able to aid my wife in choosing menu items safe for her celiac disease. The food was flavorful, fresh and came to our table timed well. They also have a very nice wine list.

Warning, the parking lot across the street is run by crooks. They put a ticket on my window even though my parking stub was properly placed on the dash and there was still time left on it.

Reviewed December 3, 2019

From the friendly and warm greeting as we entered Juniper, to the friendly "have a great evening and come see us again," salutation as we exited...everything in between was a great experience! I have heard great things about Juniper from friends and tripadvisor reviews...plus have driven or walked by hundreds of times, and until tonight had not stepped through the door to dine there. After tonight's experience, we will definitely be making Juniper a regular experience of my wife and me. Our server, Abby was great, professional, and friendly. Not knowing anything about portions, we definitely "over ordered!" But, that is ok as we will be dining on Juniper leftovers tomorrow...and that is a good thing. To start things off we ordered the Charcuterie platter...surprise,,,it's HUGE! The platter could easily be shared by four diners. It consisted of two kinds of salami, pate, three kinds of sliced cheese, pickled veggies, crostini, and bread, We brought home enough for a full and large snack tomorrow. We also ordered a side of crab cakes...oh my...they were delicious! The accompanying chutney and apple cole slaw was the perfect match for enhancing the great flavor. I was full before our main entrees. My wife chose the brown butter trout amadine. The trout was served with brussel sprouts, wilted arugula, over a cauliflower puree and lemon roasted almonds. My wife said this was one of her favorite meals...ever. Me, I chose the beef tenderloin filet, which was served over a puree of broccoli and white wine, with Hasselback mushrooms. I also ordered a side of haricot verts (French style green beans). My meal was great, beautifully prepared and delicious. We had planned on having dessert, but it just must be saved for another day...a day we don't order too much. The good news for us, we will definitely be coming back again! There is another great dining experience...plus dessert in our very near term future!

Date of visit: December 2019

Been to Juniper? Share your experiences!