“Taste bud explosion!”
Review of Juniper

Juniper
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,363 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elgin
Description: Downtown Tulsa’s award winning farm-to-table restaurant, Juniper, changes with the seasons to bring guests creative, modern cuisine focused on delicious, locally sourced ingredients. Juniper boasts a beautiful and intimate downtown setting with its rustic brick columns, commissioned art by local artists, and a warm and inviting atmosphere. Designed and constructed by award-winning Chef Justin Thompson, Juniper offers an approachable, and fun, fine dining experience. In addition to our seasonal menus, enjoy one of the fresh selections from the weekly Chef’s specials menu and pair your evening with a craft cocktail utilizing one of Juniper’s own house-infused spirits. Since opening in 2011, Justin and the talented chef’s at Juniper have created more than 2,000 different tasty and creative dishes that have made it onto these special menus. Looking for the full-blown foodie experience? Enjoy Justin’s signature five course Chef’s tasting menu with Sommelier selected wine pairings. For a night out before a show, a special dinner with friends, or an intimate dinner for two, Juniper is always in season.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Excellent specialty cocktails! Great bartender and service. Food was incredible! Me and the wifey enjoyed the entire time and look forward to going back! Eat there today!!

1  Thank SaleemBoone

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was my first visit to Juniper, after hearing many friends talk highly of the place. I know the chef has gotten many accolades for his creative menu, so I was eager to try it out. My overall impression was favorable, although there is definitely room for improvement. I ordered the chicken ravioli, which came out a little different than I expected. It wasn't bad, but it was nothing special either. The only other negative was that our waiter was a bit slow, but that's just one guy. Others may be better, and it really wasn't a problem this time, because the group I was with had had appetizers beforehand, so we were in no hurry to eat anyway. The things I really liked about it were the great variety of dishes on the menu (but of course I could only eat one) and the atmosphere. The place is really cozy and feels very inviting, with soft lighting, tasteful use of color and texture, and the floor area is sectioned off in such a way that you don't feel like you're eating in a convention hall, which is nice. It has a welcoming intimate feel to it.

1  Thank teddw2ds
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate here last weekend and had a fantastic meal! We had a reservation and were seated promptly. We shared the mushroom appetizer which had a very yummy sauce. My husband had a steak and said it was one of the best he has tasted and the rest of us had the scallops which were cooked perfectly! We shared a bread pudding dessert that was also delicious---i loved it and i don't usually like bread pudding!
We tried some of their martini's--the green tea and yellow martini were both tasty--not too sweet!
The restaurant is small but we greatly enjoyed our meal--not too noisy but had a nice vibe!
We will definitely be back!!

1  Thank L R
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It's trying to come off as an upscale, trendy restaurant. Nope.
Everything was average or worse. Not impressed with frying pork skins and serving it on expensive dishware. I'll pass.

2  Thank comicus
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I will start with the good stuff. Best cucumber martini of all time. All the drinks were beautifully done. The service and food was slow.
I ordered a chicken dish...it was mediocre at best. And I have to say for so much hype I felt like I could have gotten something much tastier for less. I would be willing to try one more time before absolutely deciding yes or no....but only because the drinks were perfection. Be aware if you are in a hurry...you may rethink dining at Juniper.

1  Thank HailiElliott

Been to Juniper? Share your experiences!