“Way overpriced”
Review of Juniper

Juniper
Reserve with OpenTable
Juniper is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,375 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elgin
Description: Downtown Tulsa’s award winning farm-to-table restaurant, Juniper, changes with the seasons to bring guests creative, modern cuisine focused on delicious, locally sourced ingredients. Juniper boasts a beautiful and intimate downtown setting with its rustic brick columns, commissioned art by local artists, and a warm and inviting atmosphere. Designed and constructed by award-winning Chef Justin Thompson, Juniper offers an approachable, and fun, fine dining experience. In addition to our seasonal menus, enjoy one of the fresh selections from the weekly Chef’s specials menu and pair your evening with a craft cocktail utilizing one of Juniper’s own house-infused spirits. Since opening in 2011, Justin and the talented chef’s at Juniper have created more than 2,000 different tasty and creative dishes that have made it onto these special menus. Looking for the full-blown foodie experience? Enjoy Justin’s signature five course Chef’s tasting menu with Sommelier selected wine pairings. For a night out before a show, a special dinner with friends, or an intimate dinner for two, Juniper is always in season.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It's trying to come off as an upscale, trendy restaurant. Nope.
Everything was average or worse. Not impressed with frying pork skins and serving it on expensive dishware. I'll pass.

2  Thank comicus

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I will start with the good stuff. Best cucumber martini of all time. All the drinks were beautifully done. The service and food was slow.
I ordered a chicken dish...it was mediocre at best. And I have to say for so much hype I felt like I could have gotten something much tastier for less. I would be willing to try one more time before absolutely deciding yes or no....but only because the drinks were perfection. Be aware if you are in a hurry...you may rethink dining at Juniper.

1  Thank HailiElliott
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had an impromptu lunch at Juniper. The location is a bit gritty, but the food and service were wonderful and the interior is charming. I ordered fried green tomatoes as a starter and they were among the best I'd ever had. The gnocchi with ratatouille was delicious. My companion had the daily special of shrimp salad- I wanted that too! The service is friendly and attentive. This is a great find in Tulsa. From what i hear, it is a bar scene spot in the evenings.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Whenever we are in Tulsa, the highlight of our trip is the dining experience at Juniper. What a great find. The first time we went there they had just opened and we happened to stumpble upon the restaurant while we were downtown. We did not know what to expect and were blown away by the amazing meal. Since then we have gone back several times and we are always impressed by the excellent service, attention to detail and amazing organic and locally grown cuisine. If you are contemplating going, go to Juniper - you will love it.

1  Thank teacuplvr
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Delicious.

Ordered carrot soup and trout- both were excellent.

Really nice local beer selection.

Service spot on.

I was here for business and although the bats in Tulsa scared the crap out of me, I'd be happy to come back just to eat here again.

Been to Juniper? Share your experiences!