“Very Happy with this hotel choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ramada Tulsa

Ranked #13 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
PRATTVILLE
“Very Happy with this hotel choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My kids and i stayed at the Ramada on Skelly Dr while in town for a BMX event. I chose this one after reading LOTS of reviews for area hotels and based on reviews and price. This one had an affordable rate and was HIGHLY reviewed and now i see why. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly, even when they had a LOT of folks arrive at once they never made us feel rushed. The rooms were clean and beds were VERY comfortable. We stayed four nights and were extremely happy with everything. The breakfast was sufficient, eggs were a little dry, but otherwise the bar was always kept clean (by Miss Tina who was extremely sweet and helpful) and well stocked with cereal, waffle station, eggs, sausage, biscuits/gravy, bagels and pastry, yoghurt, juices, milk, coffee & fruit. We had no trouble with anything in our room and were extremely happy with the location. 5 mins from Expo Center, Lots of restaurants within just a block or two. Super easy to find our way around. Definitley recommend and will come here next year when we return!! Was actually looking forward to giving this review :) One more thing, i saw where someone mentioned the area not being good. I don't understand why though. I had no problems at all (as a female travelling alone with kids i NEVER felt uneasy around this area). My inlaws stayed here too based, on my recommendation and they can be very critical, but were also very pleased with their stay.

Green Features: You can choose to not have beds changed daily but towels are refreshed daily.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mathew I
RamadaTulGM, General Manager at Ramada Tulsa, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Matthew --

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Ramada Tulsa. Thank you very kindly for the opportunity to be of service to you!

Will you be returning to the USA/BMX Sooner Nationals in January 2014? Please do contact me at that time and I will personally look after your reservation and oversee your stay.

Your business is important to us!

At your service,

Ramada Tulsa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I'll try to break this up into pros and cons. Good news first...
Pros: Wonderful rooms, great pet policy, and super-friendly staff. The manager let us check in early (like 9AM) because we had been on the road for 6 hours without any extra charge. My dog stayed with us for FREE, which is a great plus for me. We stayed in the King Jacuzzi room, and it was so amazing! Three was a full bathroom and shower, but there was also the jacuzzi tub in the room to relax it. Definitely worth the up-charge we paid ($5 per night, I think).

Cons: There was one negative experience during our stay, BUT this was rectified by the manager. On Thursday night, my husband was stalked and verbally harassed by the "security" guard who was in an unmarked vehicle with an uncontrolled (*crazy and untrained*) dog. There had been a vehicle break-in earlier in the day (during which time our vehicle was parked in the lot and seen on security cameras because we were in our room!), and somehow our Escalade made us a "suspect". The security guard had no legal authority, but he followed us off-property to a nearby What-a-Burger and back. When we got back he told us he had to see our room key before we could park, then yelled at us about being involved in the car break-in, and finally stared us down until we were in the room. I called the front desk (it was around 5 AM) to report the incident and request contact from the manager. The staff member that we spoke to said the dog scared her too, but the security was necessary because "Look at where we are". This is NOT something you tell guests, and the worst part is that we knew exactly where we were--my husband was born and raised in Tulsa! 31st and Memorial is NOT a bad part of town, so for her to say that was a bit ridiculous to us.
The next morning when I spoke with the manager, he apologized profusely, refunded the night's fee, and said he would speak with the guard and discontinue using their services. We did not see the "security" again, so I know the manager kept his word.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this property again, and I would recommend it to anyone! While a lot of reviews say it is in a "bad" part of town, rest assured that it's not. It may not be the most "upscale" area, but it is perfectly safe.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather --

Thank you for your feedback – we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your deep soaking jetted suite and its luxurious features, as well as, the oustanding quality service that our remarkable front desk staff offered to you throughout your stay. We appreciate the solid merit of your candid feedback about on-site security guard. As you noted in your gracious review, your feedback has been followed up with the appropriate department to ensure that everyone is consistent with how situations, such as yours, should have been handled.

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay and we hope that you'll come back to the Ramada Tulsa on your next trip to Tulsa.

At your service,

Endwell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very friendly staff, rooms very nice and clean, pool and hot tub a plus, breakfast buffet very nice an excellent selection. We are travelers and have stayed many hotels we were very pleased.... HOTEL WAS EXCEPTIONAL CLEAN........

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ramadatulok, General Manager at Ramada Tulsa, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Danette,

We are very excited to be the recipient of your first TripAdvisor review. We thank you sincerely for your kind feedback. Our focus has always been 100% guest satisfaction. I’m pleased you found quality and variety in our breakfast offering. I’m also pleased; you found our staff to be friendly, professional and accommodating. Please plan to join us again soon.
Gleeson. AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Rooms were very clean, staff very helpful and super friendly. Looks like the property went through a total renovation. I was warned that this wasn't the best neighborhood, I experienced no problems and besides where is it really 100% all the time.

Breakfast was amazing, large variety and everything tasted very fresh. The morning breakfast staff were also very helpful and friendly. Just an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Donald C, Asst. General Manager at Ramada Tulsa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Greg --

With that said, thank you so much for your 5-star review! We thank you for your constructive feedback of our hotel, and appreciate your comments and thorough review. It is clear by your 25 TripAdvisor hotel reviews in 28 cities that you are a seasoned traveler.

We have a modest, but distinctive gem in the Ramada Tulsa. It is delightfully unexpected. The management has put an emphasis on service and training, seeking out people that are hard-working and want to succeed to work in the hotel. We have a very high standard for the quality of service and value we offer and provide our guests. We aim to exceed expectations on service and value!

Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Asst. General Manager
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Friendly staff, safe place, very clean and organized. All the employees are very friendly, they remember me everytime I stay there, which ofcourse makes it special. They know what I need and always remind me if I am missing anything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Donald C, Asst. General Manager at Ramada Tulsa, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
As an essential part of any business, guest service is being given the opportunity to serve. Service is more than a word, more than seven letters in a row. It is the most important part, the purpose of your work, whereby you commit yourself to not only meeting, but exceeding, guest expectations and needs. The emphasis is on exceeding expectations on the quality in the service and guest's perceived value in that service and the product your business provides. The aim is to pave a path of differentiation from your competitors.

Guest service is important to an organization because a business is dependent on its guests to remain in business. Guests do a business a favor when they choose to avail themselves of the services provided and products available.

Thank you sir for giving us the opportunity to serve you and for you very kind and thoughtful 5-Star review of our hotel and its dedicated staff. As always, we look forward to being of service to you, again, in the near future!