“Great BBQ and live music”
Review of Back Alley Blues & BBQ - CLOSED

Back Alley Blues & BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have gone to Tulsa twice...and have eaten here BOTH times. My husband (meat and "taters" kind of guy) says it is the best BBQ he has ever eaten. The baked beans are amazing! The live music is wonderful. The place stays pretty busy and we can see why.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Really the saving grace for this restaurant during my visit was the waitress (I think her name was Christine or Christina). She was so nice and a delight. The food though (except the chicken), was pretty bland and not very impressive. The potato salad had little flavor except mustard, fried pickles were way too salty, the fried green tomatoes lacked flavor, BBQ bologna was a little on the smaller side, and the pulled pork was not too bad with the spicy BBQ sauce. At 7:30 on a Saturday though, they were out of brisket ends, brisket, and hot links! Since I went with the intention of getting the brisket, I was a little disappointed. Not quite sure how you run out SO early on a Saturday. Lastly, like one other post I read, the service from the kitchen was deathly slow especially considering there were maybe 8 or 10 tables, including us, when we got there. It ended up taking 50 minutes to get our food after ordering! I thought I was a patron at Hell's Kitchen and Gordon Ramsey was going to come out and shut down the kitchen. Thankfully we eventually got our food (good or bad) and our waitress was so nice. I also enjoyed the live music.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went for a late lunch on Saturday. No one was at the stand so we weren't sure what to do and one of the chefs came in with some wood and said just seat ourselves. They weren't very busy then but I guess had been busy earlier. Waitress was really good. I had burnt ends (last one of the day) and my husband had pulled pork. His was pretty dry but mentioned it to waitress and she brought out a new batch that was moist. My ends were really smokey and delicious. I had baked beans and green apple slaw for sides. Beans had too much meat in them for my liking (I like some but this seemed more meat with beans than the other way around). Slaw was vinegar based and nice and different. My husband had onion rings (Excellent) and deviled egg potato salad which I thought was a little too mustardy. They had two sauces. One was a sweet one and the other was definitely spicy.

They say it is Memphis style BBQ. I love Interstate BBQ in Memphis and this was good but not quite up to that standard.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had the Mississippi Chicken Club....YUMMY!!
Candied Bacon.....Fried Green Tomatoes.....Heaven!
The only reason I gave the service a 4 star instead of 5 is due to my Bock being knocked over and it getting onto my clothes.
Large portions, lots of menu choices....great smoked BBQ.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband had been wanting to visit this place for awhile, so we decided to take my in-laws one Saturday afternoon. I was surprised it wasn't busier since it was around lunch time, but it's probably best that it wasn't. All of the waitresses were in the bar area trying some of the new menu items, so what few tables were occupied in there were kind of ignored.

On a good note though, the fried pickles are some of the BEST i've ever had, hands down! Perfect thickness for a pickle slice, and the breading stayed crisp. I ordered the BBQ Bologna sandwich which was good; the bologna had a nice smokey flavor. My husband and father-in-law ordered this massive sandwich that I can't remember the name of, but it was piled high with 2 or 3 kinds of meat. Great food for the price!