“Back Alley SmackDown Sandwich!!!”
Review of Back Alley Blues & BBQ - CLOSED

Back Alley Blues & BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Was just in Tulsa, Ok to attend the BASS Classic, looked for good BBQ and found it! Back Alley Blues and BBQ has great BBQ, friendly employees, a nice brick/blues atmosphere. We all ordered sandwiches from pulled pork to my Back Alley Smackdown Sandwich which consisted of pulled pork, brisket, homemade slaw and a sliced hot link on top, served with home fried chips with a peach ketchup!!! What a sandwich and for $8.99, Really??? Almost too cheap!!! We also had the pork nachos to start with again very good!!!! I liked and will return when in Tulsa.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you are looking for great food with a Memphis-like atmosphere, then Back Alley Blues and BBQ is the place for you. They have several platters and sandwiches that will delight anyone looking for a great BBQ place. They also have some of the best side dishes in the Tulsa area with jalepeno poppers, candied thick sliced bacon, homemade chips, and mac-n-cheese that are fantastic. The prices are reasonable and the staff is very friendly. This restaurant has become our "go to place" for BBQ in the Tulsa area.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went to try out this great BBQ restaurant in downtown because all of our friends had raved about it. When we got there we were immediately seated and looking through the menu. There were a lot of options and all of them sounded so good! I was a little concerned with the price, but if the food is good I will pay a little more. And honestly, the portions were huge and the meal was delicious. But then things started to get loud. There was a band scheduled to play that evening that we hadn't been expecting. And while their music was fine, the restaurant is shaped in such a way that any noise at all travels and it was very difficult to hear what was being said by the person next to you. We all breathed a heavy sigh of relief when we packed our left over food in to-go containers (at least 3 because there was so much food!) and walked outside. All in all, it was a pretty neat place, but I wouldn't go back if there was going to be music again.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were in Tulsa for the night and looking for some food. We happened upon Back Alley Blues & BBQ. As Chicagoans, we were welcomed by the Blues Brothers on the outside wall. Our walk to the restaurant made us anticipate something unique as we passed shipping containers. On the off-night we were there we just sat at the bar and perused the menu. My husband had a monster sandwich with sausage, pork and beef. I had a baked potato the size of my shoe smothered in pork, bacon, and cheese. Don't do here on a diet! But you will enjoy the food. Very moist and flavorful. The bartender was nice and the chef even came out and talked about his new dish. Was a nice evening and good food.

Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time in Tulsa and I was expecting a lot. A colleague mentioned this place and I was hungry.

From the exterior, it looks small and like another typical BBQ ( cramped). We passed the large storage containers (like the ones on ships going overseas). By the way those containers are the bathrooms which were transformed in a mild way to bathrooms. Pretty cool.

The placed is nice and ample. My elbows didnt rushed anyone else's and everybody has tables. It has a large bar and then the kitchen. There is one wall of nice art in graphite. They also have a medium size projector and screen.

I ordered the beer can chicken, my friend the back alley sandwich and other people the BBQ meals. My chicken was juicy and tender. The back alley sandwich was big and the sausage had a nice spicy flavor. The famous candied bacon was nice but not for me or someone else that is not looking to have a heart attack.

Our waitress was really nice and friendly. She kept refilling our sweet tea "glasses" or should I say plastic tumblers. The other waitress was very nice and made a nice pass of peach cobbler dessert when she passed our table. That was a nice and suttled moved from her part.

This was a really good place to start off. It was a nice lunch and I am pretty sure this place gets pack at night and/or over the weekend.