Expo Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$93
  • Restaurant
$222
$178
Hotels.com
All reviewsplace to stayfree wifistayed herebiscuits and gravycoffee makerexcellent stayroom was cleaneventfairgroundconveniencebedsrefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2009

We checked in to this hotel late at night. It was the closest/cheapest hotel to St. Johns medical that we could get into when my father had a stoke while we were visiting relatives in Oklahoma. We were already stressed and tired. The front lobby was basic, the halls were dirty and smelled bad. The first room we got smelled horrible of stale smoke. The second room smelled only slightly better, but the floors were nasty dirty, the decor old and sleezy feeling,with a mirror for a headboard. The bedspreads were dirty and stained. It felt so dirty, we slept in our clothes. Breakfast was stale bagel and packaged muffins. The breakfast area was dirty and not stocked with much. We don't stay at fancy, expensive hotels, mainly basic ones. But this place was bad. We tell the story of it as our worst night in a hotel!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank okievisitor
Reviewed March 23, 2008

This is a budget hotel through and through. If you have business on the fairgrounds or in the immediate area this is a great location, as long as you are not fussy.

I paid an extra $10 for a suite which had a separate sitting area, fridge and microwave. It was worth it. Everything from linins, towels, furnishings to the room itself was basic and budget. The room was somewhat clean, clean enough not to complain, but it could have been better.

The breakfast was stale muffins and bagels, not worth the effort.

I had laid out some plastic cups, spoons, tea and other items on the kitchen counter. The next day were they were all gone, housekeeping took them. The overall value was under $5 but it was annoying.

I’m not sure I’d stay here again, it was just too budget, and housekeeping taking my stuff has me wary

• Stayed: November 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 26, 2007

We stayed at the Microtel hotel in Tulsa and paid almost 100.00 a night. We would leave my husbands wallet in the hotel because we did not want to carry that much cash on us. Well we left early Saturday morning and when we arrived at the hotel in the evening we discovered that the wallet was gone and the room was cleaned. We contacted the front desk and notified them that our wallet was gone and called the police. They checked the times that the lady cleaned our room and it is funny how she clocked out exactly 6 minutes after cleaning our room. The hotel fired her and admitted that it was their employee that stole the wallet. The manager Jamie claimed there is nothing else that they could do even after the fact we lost our Identity all of our travel money 560.00 and nothing can be done. Not only that she lied and told us the place is corporately owned and the only person above her is corporate. I called the number to find out that this place is indepently owned and operated and they are not allowed to give me any information about the owner. Well I know if I owned a business I would like to know the type of people I have employed.
This was our first year at Grands and because of this hotel we had no money to get back and a 5 year old that was promised things that we could not buy.
I hope you never feature this hotel and warn other BMXERS that they need to lock up their valuables in that hotel so that they do not get cleaned out like we did.
Last note is that we just found out that the General Manager Jamie L. Moore that claimed they are corporatly owned is the owner of this hotel by one of the employees that answered the phone this morning.
If you have any advise please let me know.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank emygal20032000
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Pretty good for a Microtel! VERY DOG FRIENDLY TOO!!! You can't get a better hotel for Tulsa State Fair or any other Expo events. Their Suite rooms can sleep a hoard!
Breakfast is sparse with coffee, tea...No milk though...Muffins and oatmeal only.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, TX
Reviewed November 19, 2005

Everyone was great. Check-in was easy. Located right on the Fair Grounds in Tulsa. Stayed for a horse show. Rooms were very clean and well kept. From now on they are my choice hotel for the price.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business