Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tulsa East
Ranked #41 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed October 2, 2011

My husand and I stopped in here late one night. We paid $80 for a crappy, dirty room! The WHOLE motel smelled like smoke, even in our non-smoking room. We were going to try to ignore that and the dirty carpet, but as soon as we got up to our room, we immediately saw COCK ROACHES crawling across the floor and in the bathroom. We immediately asked for a refund, and it was given, and we were told the cock roaches are an on-going problem! I would not recommend this place!

Room Tip: If you are going to Hard Rock Casino, just stay there.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank t0tallydisgusted65

Reviewed June 23, 2011

We booked the hotel based on the positive reviews, but I was not really impressed with the hotel. My first clue that it wasn't the greatest place was the lock on the door where you have to get buzzed in for entry ( it was open when we arrived so maybe that's only used at night), and the sign saying you had to be 21 to rent a room there--leaving me to imagine what sort of clientele might stay there.The positives: the girl at the front desk was friendly and helpful, the room was reasonably clean, there was free internet, and the price was right. However, the room was tiny, the bed was bouncy, the TV was small, the bathroom sink had stains and cracks, and the room was generally outdated. The walls were thin, and although it was quiet during the night, I could hear the tenants above us early in the morning, and there were noticeable plumbing noises when they ran the shower.Breakfast was very limited compared to the competition. It was definitely a no frills hotel and I would stay elsewhere if I am in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2010

I am writing this review now, because I just found out about trip advisor. I stayed there for one week and I did not like it. They gave me a really small room and they put a man on the second floor over my room that weighed 400 lbs. He kept jumping and slamming things and I was terribly annoyed by this person. I called him on the phone and told him to knock it off. He called the front desk and asked for his money back and was mad that I called him. The people were strange that worked there I was not happy and I asked for my money back and they thought it was funny that they were annoying me. They did not appriciate the money I gave them to stay there which was $350.00. for one week's stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2010

This was our first time to Tulsa. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. We asked for a non-smoking room and nevered smelled any smoke at all. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I was very shocked at the friendly staff (especially Keith). The room rate was only $60, but the quality of the room was great. It was clean, no bed bugs, had a mini frig, double beds of white linen (which I love because it can be bleached). The room also had a window seat that was cool even though it overlooked the parking lot. I enjoyed reading there. I'm the kind of person that travels with an extra queen sheet set and bed cover!! This room passed my test!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2008

You pay for what you get, and tho other reviews say good things, we thought it was terrible. The room had a musty smell that was so bad we ran the air conditioning on high trying to mask it.
The carpet is old and full of stains. Also plan on going out to breakfast but that is expected for the rate. The only way I would stay there again is to arrive at midnight and plans to head out early.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed June 15, 2007

Used a coupon from an interstate discount book and walked in. Paid $49 on a Saturday night for a room with 2 queen beds. Very nice Microtel. They have luggage carts and an elevator. Room is clean and larger than other Microtel properties we've stayed in. Desk personnel very friendly and helpful with recommendations for places to eat, etc.

Internet access is wireless and a bit slower than some other places we've stayed (on the other hand, it's faster than many others, too). We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank unpaidbill