“A Pleasant Stay!!”

Ranked #87 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Richmond, Virginia
“A Pleasant Stay!!”
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Just read the reviews and decided to comment. During a cross country trip I stayed here five days in early May 2009, I called to make the reservation the night before my arrival and spoke with the manager, Jay. He was very polite and accommodating and gave me the AAA rate for the four nights I stayed. When I checked in I found that my assigned room was on the second floor at the back of the building. I felt that wasn't a safe location for a single woman traveling alone. I requested and was given a first floor suite, immediately with no problem. The room did Not smell and everything seemed clean. In the bathroom I noticed previous leakage on the ceiling and a corner of the wallpaper was curled up. This is an older 3 star rated establishment which has not had a complete remodel. Internet access was a priority for me and initially there were problems with that twice. Both times management responded quickly and worked on it until the problem was fixed. During my stay management was responsive and all interactions with the Manager and four other staff persons were pleasant. The Breakfast bar was outstanding. I plan to stay here on a future visit.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Ponca City, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 23, 2009

ok, we took our youth group to this hotel again because our last stay was soo great. this time they put us in the rooms to the left side of the hotel, these rooms were groose. carpet torn, leaks, just a dirty cheap feel in general. this was a huge surprise because last time we stayed on the right side of the hotel which is newly remodeled and it has a beautiful home type feel.

i think we will stay here again just because we can fit soo many kids in a room for the price and the free breakfast, but next time we will make sure to stay on the right side of the hotel because those rooms are clearly remodeled and beautiful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Iowa
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Arrived at the hotel in the early am and checked in. Went to the room and it was filty dirty and had a bad odor. The bathrooms were dirty.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Liberty, OK
Reviewed April 2, 2009

1. Lock on door would not unlock after I got some of my stuff in the room. I had to wait outside while they attempted to open the door and fix the lock. This took forever. Staff was nice during the entire event.

2. Get in room there is plaster peeling off of the ceiling, which looks like there had been a water leak from the room above.

3. water in the vanity area will not stop running. I could not turn it off, so I turned it off under the sink because I am just tired and do not feel like another hour wasted with someone attempting to fix the problem.

4. Light on desk doesn't work. I asked for them to fix it, yet it is not fixed

5. Carpet is wet where water came in some how through the sliding class doors and the carpet is soaked on that side of the bed

6. Unable to use the fireplace that is supposed to be part of the room because they are out of the logs that can be used with it. I was told that I could go to the store and buy some. It is below 30 degrees and thought a fire would be nice. My mistake

I would have went somewhere eles, but I had paid for the entire stay and could not afford to go to another hotel with out a refund

I will post photos when I get home and you will see that I am not lying

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I like this condo style hotel and it was convenient to the event I was attending. This is my 3rd time to stay at this hotel. I've never had the experiences previous reviewers have had. My stay has always been enjoyable. The check in is prompt and they were very courteous. The penthouse suite I stayed in was clean and there was plenty of hot water, and the loft bed were comfortable. Being a AARP member I received a discount on the room. I will probably be staying here again next year when I return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank deeOklahoma
Mtn Home, AR
Reviewed March 14, 2009

Hard to believe those others who gave the bad reviews stayed at the same place! I booked the room and then read the reviews later so I was a little worried what I would find. I was very pleasantly surprised! Huge two story "apartment" King sized loft bedroom with it's own bathroom. I was surprised to find how complete the setup was! Dishes to wine glasses. pots and pans too, even a dishwasher! No issues with cleanliness or odors! Very nice staff and I felt very safe there. The location is on it's own cul-de-sac and there's really no reason for people who aren't staying there to be on the property and I didn't see anyone but guests and staff the whole time I was there. I felt it was wrong for people to slam this nice place unfairly so I took some photos while i was there and will post them. A pictures worth a thousand words. I would highly recommend this to any of my friends and family. I'm going back there next week for 4 days.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Boston
Reviewed July 6, 2008

We were on the road, relying on our AAA Guidebook to find us a hotel. We had planned to make Oklahoma City, but ran out of energy so we stopped early. This was rated 3 Diamonds (out of 5) which is a pretty good rating considering I've only seen a handful of 5 star places.

We called ahead and all they had left was a "Penthouse Suite" for $99. With the AAA discount that was knocked down about 15%. Not a bad price for a "Penthouse" with a kitchen.

We arrived at 11pm. The Hoel is easy to find, just off I-44 a couple blocks. The area looked OK - car dealership & a Burger KIng. There was a policeman outside eating pizza and talking to a local, and a group of 12 twenty-somethings talking about clubbing in the parking lot.

The hotel is a collection of smaller buildings (think condos). The lobby was run-down, no-frills. No bullet-proof glass, but maybe the next level up. No chairs or decorations. Stucco walls. One person on duty. She seemed nice, though.

The "Penthouse" was around the back and up a flight of narrow wooden stairs. As I brought my bags up, the fellow downstairs kept opening his door and staring at me.

We'll start with the good. The room is huge. Fireplace. Lots of space. Two floors with a king size bed in the loft, a pull-out couch and a Queen Murphy bed (pull down from the wall). A full kitchen with breakfast bar. The Internet works well (no wireless - cable-only) -- I'm writing this on it now as we are packing. AC works. No funny smells, looks relatively clean with newer carpet.

Now the bad. The bathrooms are dirty. The one upstairs is unusable - dirty shower stall, sink doesn't work, toilet over in the corner, but doesn't flush right away. The there are loose tiles on the floor. The one downstairs is larger, and newer, but dusty in the corners and moldy wallpaper and ceiling. Missing or loose caulking and Doesn't look clean.

The kitchen is straight from 1971. Shabby shelving with various electrical parts exposed, dust, and one had a collapsing top. There was a microwave, stove and full refridge, but I wouldn't use any of the supplied kitchenware.

During the middle of the night my wife woke up to go to the bathroom and found a cockroach. She chased it around the toilet and flung it in and flushed it down. EEwwww! The rule with cockroaches is: See one, don't see the other thousand hiding in the cracks.

THe ceiling and walls are discolored. The wall in the kitchen is disgusting. The desk I'm writing on is OK. The chair is about 10 years old, but on a par with what you might have in your basement. The sofabed is at least 10 years old, but typical of your basic low-quality hotel.

For the price we paid, I'd rather stay elsewhere. I'm not sure $30 isn't too much. This is only for the long-term guest who needs the stove and full-size refridge. If your just traveling, stay at the Comfort Suites or Ramada.

I'm not sure about the recent reviewer who claimed it was the best she ever stayed at. I've stayed at worse, but not many.

• Liked — Internet access
  • Disliked — Roaches and mold
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)