“Nice BUT...”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa
Ranked #61 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Decent size room. Good value. Everything was very clean, not shabby, fairy new BUT there was a moldy spot on wall above the shower wall. The shower flowed very hard and felt good. Did have to read the directions as spigot was new design. Woked fine though. Bed a little hard. Had a small fridge and micro. Nice furniture and TV.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor of two. These is no elevator, just a big wide staircase. They will put...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1034Country, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Thank You for your Trip Advisor review, your opinion is important to us. Thanks for taking the time to share your concerns about your most recent stay with us. It is especially nice when our guests share these concerns so that we can find a resolution to fix such concerns within a timely manner. Our maintenance team has resolved the mold issue so that no other guest will be affected. My apologies that this was not corrected prior to your arrival. If there is anything else we could have done better, please let us know. We are always looking to improve and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Tulsa area.

Neal Patel

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson in Tulsa for three nights during my son's graduation weekend at TU. As a woman traveling alone and on a tight budget, I chose this hotel over others because I could use my Carlson Club points for one free night and the other two nights were offered at an affordable rate. I had a rental car for part of my stay and found the parking easy and safe. The neighborhood is kind of a truck-stop type area and there isn't anything you would walk to from the hotel, but if you need a clean, friendly, affordable hotel room in Tulsa, this meets your needs very well. My room was the perfect sleeping room once I got it to the right level of air-conditioned coolness.

Most notable were the extremely comfortable beds with very clean linens, the free breakfast which was just right for me, and the excellent, friendly staff. Neil and Brenda were the two who helped me during my stay. They took time to chat with me about my trip and reason for being in Tulsa, and they helped me when I wanted to return my rental car a day early (again, for $$ reasons). Neil provided free shuttle service for me from the airport and again to the airport the next day after I checked out.

The only negatives for me were the neighborhood and the fact that it takes the room a little while to get to the level of air conditioning comfort I'd like. My room did eventually cool down to where I wanted it, though, so that's not a complaint. Also in designing the room/furniture, the desk where you would sit to use your computer was considerably too high for the chairs provided. And the outdoor pool was not in service, but to their credit, they mentioned this on the website and I knew about it before checking in.

I really appreciated my stay at this Carlson Country Inn & Suites, especially because of the comfortable rooms and friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your stay and leaving us a review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. If there is anything else we could have done better, please let us know. We are always looking to improve and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

Neal Patel

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We were only there to sleep, night clerk was nice, room was clean and breakfast was hot.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed here three nights on business and found the staff to be very friendly. The breakfast was good and beds comfortable. Free wifi too. My only complaint was a slow draining bathtub.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We are mobile OSHA hearing techs, staying in hotel rooms 350+ days a year and we post our experiences for each location.

This particular location has a VERY SMALL shower head ... which I didn't see until undressed and ready for a nice, long hot shower after a 12 hour drive all day. Their shower head is about the size of a quarter, and the water trickled out. I didn't dare use hair conditioner, as it would have taken me 30 minutes to rinse it out.

When I mentioned it to the front desk clerk at check out, he said customers usually complain about "too much water pressure. Maybe the shower head is plugged up." He did acknowledge the small shower head is typical in all their rooms, not unique to room #104.

I mention this because - in comparison - other Carlson locations have a nice, huge, adjustable shower head that makes for a comfortable shower. Holiday Inn brand hotels and even some Super 8's offer this sometimes too. The shower head in our RV is bigger than these old-style water-conserving heads.

We moved TO room 104 from a previous room which had another bathroom problem .... a pair of men's boxer shorts were hanging on the back of the bathroom door and a washcloth & towel were on the floor.

Not sure what our bathroom challenges were at this location, but otherwise the beds & linens were typical Country Inn & Suites comfortable. We like Carlson hotels and would stay here again, but I would check the bathroom/water pressure before using the room if it is important to you,

Room Tip: Check bathroom
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We do road trips with lots of driving in between stops and we really liked this hotel. The room was clean and fresh and the bed was the most comfortable I ever slept in home or away. After a great nights sleep we had a delicious breakfast with lots of variety and then were on the road again. If we pass this way again, we will stay here again. I highly recommend it. Frank, Philadelphia PA

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Have stayed here about 6 times in the last 9 months. Rooms are always clean and beds are comfortable. Wireless internet worked well. Free breakfast has a good selection. Not conveniently located to restaurants, but Quik Trip is close. Owners are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business