“Nice, Comfortable, and Convenient”

Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport
Ranked #24 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was traveling through Tulsa on business over Easter weekend and stayed at this hotel for 1 night (the Saturday night into Easter Sunday itself). It sits right on the property of the Tulsa International Airport, a very convenient location for folks like me who needed a place to stay for the night prior to continuing our onward journeys. Since it is just a tad too far to walk -- especially with luggage -- there is a free shuttle that runs between the terminal and the hotel. The driver was quite nice and quite knowledgeable about the local area. The lobby of the hotel is very nicely appointed, cheerful, and bright. My large and comfortable room was on the 2nd floor. My only complaint was that the room was situated so that you could hear the horns of the trains passing nearby outside at all hours of the day/night. If, like me, you're not a heavy sleeper and you do not wish to be woken up multiple times in the night when the trains go through this part of town, ask the front desk for a room on a different side of the property. The staff were friendly and helpful. The sundry items available for sale in the Pavilion shop were way overpriced. But, at just under $12.00 per person, the buffet-style breakfast was awesome. Overall, this hotel offers good value for the money.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room where the horns of the trains won't wake you up multiple times in the mi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for the nice review of the hotel. The Breakfast with made to order eggs is yummy and very well priced. We would be more than happy to get you a room the next time on the inner side of the hotel that will be better to block the train noise. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was on business travel. The staff were super nice, they went above the called of duty to make me comfortable. The food was outstanding, they have some awesome kitchen staff. I will stay was awesome.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice review about our staff and food. We try our best to make your stay enjoyable. I am glad we did so well. Thank you!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

This used to be a very nice and comfortable place to stay. The only distraction were the teams of young people running through the halls. It has been a great place for baseball and soccer teams to stay with parents.
We arrived to a grumpy desk person. When I tried to buy a glass of wine (before the time to close the bar area) I was told that the "paperwork was already turned in" for the night. There went the last of the cordial welcome. Our room smelled very strongly of paint. One could not turn off the air/heat system which made a terrible noise. (In four days, I could never figure out how to turn off this system and putting in the OFF mode did nothing to stop the fan and noise.) The manager, Heather, and a desk person, Amye, tried to make our stay more pleasant. On Sunday a person two doors down had their TV blaring. Several people pounded on the door. I mentioned it to the desk person two times because I was concerned that the person staying in the room was ill.....It was about 20 hours before someone went to check on the noise. The noise had gone on all night.
I have stayed in this hotel many times in the past, but will look into other arrangements on my next visit to Tulsa.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in a freshly painted unit. The odor is overwhelming.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eleanor303
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

I am very sorry about the noise from the team and the guest tv down the hall. I will also talk to the front desk person that you dealt with at your arrival and share your comments with the Food and Beverage manager. I appreciate you and hope you will give us another chance. Give me a call or email and I will be happy to talk about anything.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful at this hotel. The hotel was very clean and welcoming. The room was very comfortable and I enjoyed my stay. I have also stayed at this hotel with my disabled father and the handicapped room is very large with good access to a handicap accessible bathroom. The beds are adjustable to your level of comfort and it is very quiet, even though it is right near the airport.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great comments we love being able to be such a great service to you and your father when he stayed here. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Great place to spend nite for early flight next morning. The ease of leaving your car and being shuttled to and from hotel to airport makes this a great way to travel. Friendly staff makes for a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great review. Yes being right at the airport makes us a great place to stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is one of the older Hilton Garden Inns I've stayed in. It's not quite as nice as the newer facilities but it is being renovated. Nonetheless, it's a comfortable hotel and the staff is helpful and courteous.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Yes we are nearly complete on our room renovation and starting our public space this week. We can't wait for you to see all the new updates. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Chose for closeness to airport, only a few miles away. Very welcoming, rooms are very nice. Hotel has a great atmosphere about it. The pool was enjoyable. Workout room was impressive. Would certainly choose to stay here again if back for business!

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for the nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again on your next visit or journey through Tulsa.