“Great Potential”

Ranked #23 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Hartselle, Alabama
“Great Potential”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The room I was in was recently renovated. In fact, it was SO recently renovated, it still smelled strongly of paint. I had to leave the window open to air out the room. Other than that, the room was large, the bed was VERY comfortable, the hotel was right AT the airport, and it was easy access to Tulsa and the surrounding areas. Everything in the room worked and was clean. They were working on the hallway, so there was sheetrock all up and down the hall along with various bits of lumber. I was gone during the day, so I never saw (or heard) work being done. Also, the airport pretty much shuts down about 11PM, so I never had trouble with jet noise during the night.
So once they get the renovation finished, this should be a great place to stay, but in the meantime, if you are sensitive to paint smell, be sure to open a window.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
thank your for the great comments about the rooms. We will be finishing up the room renovation by the end of January and we will have 100% of our rooms done. We do our best to only work in the day time. We appologize for the paint smell. We are working on airing the rooms out but some nights are very busy and every room is needed. We hope you will come back soon and see the finished product. thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Chanute, Kansas, Usa
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Unfortunately we had 4 rooms that we had to cancel and as soon as I found out I tried to cancel but t was after the cutoff date. Your policy is to still charge for the 1st nite stay. They were only going to stay one nite so we were charged for all four rooms. I would have thought you could have done something better than that. Won't use you again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rhonda M
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I am sorry to here you are Disappointed. We do have a 6pm same day cancelation policy unless you book a advance purchase that can't be canceled. We do not have an oppertunity to resale a room after 6 pm on day of arrival. If cancled before that time the hope is we can get someone else to use the room. While we hold it for a guest other guest are turned away. I am sorry that you had this issues. Depending on the reason you had to cancel you can call the hotel and aske for the manager and we can usaly work something out to help ease the cancelation fee. So I would suggest you give us a call and we can see what we can do for you.
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

A little out of the way but very convenient for airport travelers. Staff was very professional and accommodating. Renovations were being performed while we stayed but no noises due to the work. Staff was very responsive to needs. Nice place to stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. The Staff loves to hear when they are doing well. Yes we are doing a renovation in the hotel and we do are very best to only work when guest will not notice it. We are excited about the changes to better serve our guests. Have a great day!
Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I checked in on a Sunday night. The hotel clerk, "Bathalzadar" was very rushed, and checked me in while he was on the phone. Was slapping paperwork to me like he was annoyed at something. I entered my room. It had been serviced, but the toilet had been used (like USED BIG TIME). I went down to and told the desk clerk, but he did not put me in another room. He should of insisted that I get into another room. This experience was not one you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn! Not pleased at all.

1 Thank Peabocoop
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I will follow up with the associate. I am not sure what saturday you stayed but will look into this and the issue with the room. Give us a call and ask for the GM or AGM so we can research the exact date and room that we can make sure it never happens again.
Huber Heights, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Was in town for the marathon. Stayed two nights and found this location an easy and short drive around the area. Was happy with room, temperature and had a fridge and microwave. Bed comfort was about a 8 out of 10, still very decent.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great comments. I hope you did well in your marathon. I know that can take alot out of you. I hope you will come this way again and stay with us.
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I live overseas so didn't realise that the Hilton Garden Inn brand is middle-market compared to Hilton Hotels. Should have checked Trip Advisor! This is a conveniently located airport hotel, but it was disappointing, it was more like a motel. Right from the tacky folding automatic front door, to the institutional tiles in the lobby to the rather flippant front desk staff, all of which made an underwhelming first impression. Our room was in a hall where (very much needed) renovations were taking place and so it smelled of paint. The staff was friendly and helpful regarding this and we were quickly moved. The rooms are very basic. The ventilation is very noisy. The breakfast was quite good, with a cooking station for made-to-order warm food. Plus good, attentive wait staff. If you are looking for a basic roadside motel, this is fine. But we won't be booking it on our next business trip to Tulsa.

1 Thank Skib99
I am very sorry about your time here not being what you expected. HGI is a mid to upper scale Limited service product. We offer a full resturant and other service that a motel do not offer. But if you where expecting a full service 5 star hilton large hotel then I see your expectations would be diffrent.

thank you for the nice comments about our Breakfast wait staff i will share it with them.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2013

very positive experience

Great venue and hotel was very understanding esp. Ms Heather Crenshaw( asst mgr)
Even though hotel was doing some construction, our stay was made comfortable by
hotel staff. Breakfast was simple but food tasted good.

I would stay there again for sure.

1 Thank George S
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. Heather is very happy about the wonderful comments about her. I have also shared them with the owners. We love to give great service at the hotel and look forward to you comming again and seeing the completed renovation.