“Facilities as expected, service terrible!”

Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We wanted to stay close to the zoo, and reviews of most other hotels in the area were downright scary! We thought 'Hilton, okay!' ... wrong! The building seemed secure enough, and it's right next to the airport. At first everything seemed great. When we checked in, it took literally 1 minute. The gentleman working the front desk was very polite. However, it goes downhill from there. There were towel strings on the floor, the bed was hard as a rock (but the pillows were awesome!), one of the dresser drawers were broken. And every. Single. Person. on staff that we tried to talk to was extremely rude! They wouldn't even respond to 'good morning' or anything! We will definitely not stay at this place again! Such a disappointment from a reputable hotel chain!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I am very sorry for your troubles. I have talked to all the staff including the out side construction company about our expectations that everyone smiles and says good morning to the guest. I know we have many faces in the hotel that are with our contractor and I am sorry if that was the unfriendly service you recived.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The parking lot was in a continuous state of flooding even though it rained very little during my stay. The restaurant was out of several things on the menu and it was a limited menu to begin with. The room was clean and quite nice. the staff were all friendly and knowledgeable about the area. In general it was adequate but over priced and therefore somewhat disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for your comments, We had work done to the sprinkler system to fix the water issue. It has been fixed. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and I appolgize for the issue. We hope to have you stay again.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

If you have an early flight out of the Tulsa airport (TU), this is the place to stay. You can almost walk to the terminal, but you don't need to; the hotel has a 24/7 van to take you. Although I've been Diamond in the HHonors frequent guest program, this was my first Garden Inn experience. The service, amenities, room, etc., are nice--plus the heat and air are controlled by a thermostat, so you don't have a noisy a/c running all night. We'll stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I really want to thank you for the very nice review of the hotel and our locartion. Thank you for staying with us our team loves to hear the nice comments. We are working on a 100% room renovation now just a few rooms at a time so not to be any problems. We can't wait for you to come again and see the new rooms.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stay at this Hilton Garden Inn hotel every time I have a client meeting in Tulsa. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room/bed is comfortable and has plenty of space. The business center is free to use & there's free printing! The staff is very helpful with questions I've had in the business center. There's a shuttle that comes very quickly to the airport & takes you to the hotel. They were there in less than 5 minutes from when I called from the terminal. The shuttle staff is also very friendly & accommodating. And, this is the first time I've ordered room service. I ordered the pork tenderloin & it was delicious! I was so impressed with the staff and the food. I couldn't find my room service menu & 2 staff personnel came to my room to make sure I had one! The room service staff was very helpful in giving me options as I was ordering. The food came in a timely fashion & it was excellent! Bravo to the room service staff!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I have shared your comments with the entire staff. You should have seen the smiles. We really try hard to make this the best hotel for our guests. Thank you for sharing on Tripadvisor we really love hearing from our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was not awful ... That said , it's a Hilton garden inn so it does have standards . However it is old and under renovations, the gym treadmills were in serious need of a tune up the belts were too loose . There is nothing in walking distance to eat . You can eat at hotel I did not . Overall an average stay but if I had more time and money I would stay downtown .

• Stayed: July 2013
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

The Hotel is indeed getting a remodle. All guest bathrooms and guest rooms are being done with new fixtures, hardware and furniture. The renovated rooms are exceptional. We do have a wonderful Breakfast and Dinner for purchase at the hotel. However there is also a few fast food places 2 miles from the hotel. We do offer complimentry Airport shuttle services. Our shuttle when it is not on an airport run dose travel to the fast food near the hotel and the White River Fish House. I hope you will join us again soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The front desk staff was helpful when arrived without reservations and was very friendly. Hotel was very nice and clean for the price. Had a nice, covered area for smokers, which was nice as it was raining during my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I hope it will be all sun shine the next time you come but we needed the rain. Thank you so much for your comments our staff realy enjoy makeing guest happy. We strive to make this the best hotel in the City. We think of hospitality as a way of life not a buisness. We hope you will come again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I needed to pickup an associate at the airport the next morning. This was literally at the entrance to the airport. Good value. A little noisy during flight takeoffs but not disturbing after mid-evening.