“Damp and Musty Rooms/ Beds are worn out”

Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Rooms were musty and smelled damp. The beds were not comfortable and felt worn out. Breakfast was good, but I think there are better values then this hotel. The staff seems friendly enough but this hotel feels like it needs an upgrade and is too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you for the comments. The time you were staying we were awaiting the arrival of a new Air unit for the hall. I am very sorry the humidity and heat was an issue. It has been resolved. The beds are 2 years old and are choose your snooze beds. They have air chambers that fill or deflate based on your setting. If they were two soft it may have been set that way by a previous guest. The controls are at the head of the bed under the top sheet on the side. Thank you for the nice comments about our staff. Also we are starting next week a full room renovation to include guest room and guest Bathrooms. I hope you will stay with us again and see the updates.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Checked in with large group for business and we all received wonderful customer service from all of the staff. Heather C., Assistant General Manager has provided great assistance as our group needed support. We all would recommend this property to anyone looking to stay near the Tulsa Airport. Thanks to Heather and staff; we appreciate your friendly customer service.
DY

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Excellent value and convenience to airport. Would definitely stay again whether or not I needed convenience of airport proximity! While our room seemed a little small for a Hilton, we cannot in any way complain. In addition, the Hilton Garden Inn was doing some room renovation...we heard no noise related to such, nor in any other way inconvenienced. In addition, we love the no pet policy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are doing a 100% room renovation only affecting about 4 rooms at a time. All new furniture, wall covering, Art, Lighting, and all new bathrooms. I hope you will travel this way again and see one of the newly renovated rooms.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Pretty run down. Does not meet the standards of what I expect of Hilton Garden Inn. Seem like it's ready for an update. Also, the front desk staff was not very helpful though this can vary person to person. In my case the lady that checked us in was not concerned with good customer service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room appearance is an area we are actively examining. Our full room renovations start next week and by the end of the year rooms should be just like new. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

In terms of convenience to Tulsa's airport, you cannot beat this location (unless you opt for the Clarion across the street) as the property is literally within walking distance of the terminal. Staff was friendly enough although the check-in process was a bit slow, which I'd attribute to just one person (seemingly) working and several cars showing up at once. The rooms are OK - a bit dated, perhaps, but clean. There is a restaurant on site although when I went for breakfast, there was no one attending said restaurant so I just walked out to the car and drove somewhere else ... that's my only "real" complaint. There was no one at the front desk at the same time so not like I had any real recourse. That said, if returning to the area and in need of a one-night stayover before a flight - this would be an option I'd consider again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your response. We are starting a room renovation were we are updateing the entire room and guest bathrooms. This starts June 24th and should be complete by year end. We look forward to you staying on your next trip to Tulsa.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

When I arrived the desk clerk was in the lounge watching TV. Every time that I came through the lobby one of the staff was sitting in the lounge area watching TV. I find it strange that they have time to watch TV but not enough time to clean. You could easily hear the rooms next to mine. I found ants crawling in my salad. Overall experience was poor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I am very sorry about your stay. The Oklahoma area and area around Tulsa has been having sever weather and tornados. Our staff have been instructed to keep tabs on the weather to provide any early warning needed. I am very sorry about this if it looked like they were just watching TV for enjoyment. But with the recent tornados we want to be prepared. Also I am sorry about the Food and Beverage I will talk to our chef about that. Again I appologize.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

the last time i stayed here, they didn't call me back for lost of same thing in the room.i was not happy about it at all, i call front desk to see if anyone have seen the shoes in the room.no one call back from housekeeping.since 2012

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo