“Value was ok for the money”

Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were driving from out of town and got lost in the endless construction on the highways. We called the hotel and were given great directions and tips on the "what to watch out for" thankfully she had warned us the exit was nearly hidden off the highway with construction, we would have missed the exit a 2nd time if she hadn't forwarned us.

Check in was quick and friendly the gal was great at also printing us directions to a meeting we were attending the next morning. We got to the room and we were aware the hotel had undergone some updating however the bathroom was in need of further updating. The calking around the tub and tile was all cracked and pulling away from the wall, I've actually never seen that in a hotel. We had the sleep number beds, I'm not a huge fan of them and have avoided hotels in the past, it did take 2 nights to figure out the adjustability of them and even then, I didn't find them overly comfortable but that's just my preference.

We did have breakfast at the hotel and the staff there was very friendly, food was tastey and prepared quickly. Overall I would say the staff was very helpful. There was one fellow at the front desk that should smile and be alittle more friendly < you are in customer service.. greet guests with a smile.. it does count and smile> He seemed slightly bothered by us asking directions. I should mention our GPS was stole the day before our trip however I would not advise driving around OK without one. We tavel to Ok atleast once a year for many years however with construction and roads closed it did make travel alittle difficult if you did not have a gps.

Room Tip: We booked on a higher floor having read a review about the noise and thiness of the walls, although...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Michelle K, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I will let our team members know that they helped make your trip great! However, while I am pleased to hear about the level of service, I would like to apologize for the condition of the bathroom in your room. We will be sure to work with our maintenance team to ensure that we address all issues. We hope to see you again soon; we would love to have you again.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Booked through Priceline, thought I was getting a "great deal" on a 3 star hotel for 99$ for 2 nights. Well now I know why they have to sell their rooms through priceline because you only need to stay one time to swear you'll never return. Shame on you priceline, for this is NO 3 star hotel!
The first thing I noticed was being assaulted with the smell of GREASE in the front lobby. The restaurant is right there and I thought maybe they had a fryer on too long. But the smell permeated the entire lobby, business center and elevator for the entire 2 night stay. Only when you got to the back rooms did it finally dissipate.
We arrived in the evening. I called a week ahead of time to ask if it was possible to get a room with 2 beds, realizing room types are never guaranteed when booking through priceline. Was told "no problem, that's what we have you down for". When I arrived with my teenage son, they had us in a single. The front desk clerk, Joel or Josh was very rude. Made me feel like a second class citizen since I was a priceline customer. After I explained that I was told by someone at the hotel directly that we were suppose to have a room with 2 beds, he proceeded to grill me "Well who did you talk to? When did you call? What TIME of day did you call?". After getting the 3rd degree I told him, if it was too much trouble, to forget it. With a smirk on his face he said "No, I'll put you in a double". Unbelievable. Was the 3rd degree really necessary?
The rooms were clean enough and had nice amenities- fridge and microwave. But the sink is in the bathroom, no separate sink outside. Water pressure is poor; beds are uncomfortable. And the Jacuzzi was not functioning well. (Bubbles barely turned on) It apparently has been that way for quite a while.
If you are booking this hotel because you are relying on the Hilton brand and quality, you will be sorely disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for one as far away from the front lobby as possible unless you don't mind smelling like gre...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jet Set Go!
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very close to terminal, yet fairly quiet. Nice hotel, though nothing really special. Breakfast, which I understand is included with some rooms and is $11 for others, was much better than the typical "included" breakfast, with made to order eggs, waffles, oatmeal, etc. Workout room has just one eliptical, two treadmills, and weight equipment, but they are good quality. Bed was hard, but I figured out upon checking out that they are actually adjustable! Easy access to highway. Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Needed a place to stay next to airport drove in they gave me a wonderful rate the staff was over and above friendly the rooms are spacious and clean there food is priced well and they have a fast and courteous shuttle service.all in all this is where I will stay when I return to the area.

• Stayed: August 2012
Krista H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments, I will make sure to pass along the compliments to my staff. I look forward to your return visits!

P: 9188381444

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Walls are paper thin, so you can hear every word they say next door. Too bad for you if the three guys staying there get up at 4 am and have a long conversation about who's going to shower first. Ceiling is paper thin, too... So woe is you if the people upstairs walk back and forth all night. And oh joy, there are train tracks directly behind the hotel, and the freight trains go by all night. I suppose you could run the AC fan, but it's like having a jet engine in your room.

Except for the shower, would have been better off sleeping in my car in the airport parking lot

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jg70124
Krista H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I would like to thank you for your comments about the property. I do apologize that the guests above you were loud; generally a call to the front desk should cut down on the noise. Our property was recently renovated and the insulation re-done in hopes to cut down on the noise from airlines. I will relay your comments and address the issues. Thank you again for your stay with us and feel free to contact me before your next arrival and we will make sure to place you on the top floor.

P:918-838-1444

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed here for one night before an early flight. Check in was very slow and when we finally got to our room the door was wide open and there were takeout food containers and other trash everywhere. The front desk person really didn't seem very apologetic for the trouble but did give us a new room. The beds were comfortable enough. There really aren't many choices if you want to stay on the airport grounds so because of that we will stay here again. Plus, the park & fly package is a really good deal.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments about our property. If you could recall the person at check in that would be wonderful in order to help me coach my staff. I am very sorry that your original room was not fit for check in and that the desk agent did not seem to empathize; we do strive for excellence in every department at this hotel and I will make sure to address this issue. I hope you had some time to enjoy our full service restaurant or utilize our complimentary shuttle service. If you have any further comments or concerns please feel free to call or email me at any time.

P: 918-838-1444
F:918-834-6910

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Has everything you would expect from HGI. Good modern and clean rooms with flat screens.Good beds. Close to airport. Restauarant is lacking and you are SOL unless you have wheels. Everything you come to expect from HGI, clean and efficient.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Krista H, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words about our property. We do strive to ensure that each and every guest has a pleasant experience. We do have a supported taxi service as well as a shuttle. The shuttle runs in a two mile radius and the taxi runs wherever you like! We hope that you come back to visit us, and again the comments are greatly appreciated. I will pass them along to our staff in order to motivate for the future.

P: 9188381444