Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial
Ranked #5 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Bay Area
“Nice surprise :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

I booked a stay at this Hampton Inn based off the reviews I read here on TripAdvisor and definitely wasn't disappointed.

After landing in Tulsa, I drove on over to the hotel (approximately 12 miles from the airport) & checked in. The guy at the front desk was really friendly. I asked him directions to places around town & he wasn't familiar with these spots...and there wasn't anyone else there to help me out so I had to go back upstairs & get online. No biggie.

I realized I was in need of a razor and some shave cream. Now, maybe this is how they do things in the south BUT when I called the front desk asking for the items, I was told that I had to go downstairs and pick them up at the front desk myself! I've never been told that! I wasn't sure if the gal was being rude or if that's how it's done in OK. This action was repeated at another hotel that same week but in FL. Maybe it is a southern thing??? Not sure. Anyways, I go downstairs to pick up my necessities...she was very nice so I didn't think twice about it.

The bed was super comfortable, no bed bugs (oh yeahhhh, I ALWAYS check) and I had quiet neighbors so that was nice.

Moving on to breakfast...OMG...that's why they didn't get the 5th star. The food was horrendous. The eggs they were serving had definitely been frozen and then reheated (which is fine because I know a lot of hotels do this but they overcooked / heated the eggs & you could tell by just looking at 'em)...then they had some weird looking sausage sitting on top of the eggs. I'm a vegetarian so it would've been nice if the sausage was in a separate area. No biggie, I just didn't eat any of it. I decided wheat toast would be the way to go. I picked up the bread to put in the toaster and realized it was really stale. Ok...it went into the garbage. Hmm, what else to eat? A bagel! Had 1/2 a plain bagel, put on some cream cheese, bit into it and the cheese tasted sour. GREAT. Threw that out. What's next? CHEERIOS to the rescue!!!! I had a small bowl of cheerios, a banana and a tiny little yogurt that they had sitting on ice.

I would've liked to have been able to use the pool but it's rainy season in July in OK so...I wasn't able to. It was STORMING the entire time I was there. Water was going through the parking lot of the hotel like a mini flood.

I'd stay there again if I had to go back to OK but would definitely plan on getting breakfast elsewhere.

• Liked — Price & location.
  • Disliked — Internet kept going out.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank CA*PastryChef

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

Overall, a very nice stay. The building is clean and well maintained and the staff is good. The only negative, and I assume this is temporary, was a crew re-roofing the building. They were hammering away early in the morning and working until nearly dusk each night. Since we were out of our room most of the day, this was only a minor annoyance. This Hampton is in a great location near shopping and expressways so you can get to wherever you need to go quickly.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2008

As always, Hampton Inn and Suites are great for the business traveller and this one does not disappoint. Stayed there for only 1 night but it is the same quality as all other Hampton Inns that I've stayed. Keeps me going back to them over and over! Right next to a large mall and tons of restaurants. Room was great, I always get a good night sleep in a Hampton bed.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank pank
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2008

This place was top notch. I had stayed at a Hampton Inn only once before in Philadelphia and was very pleased. Was expecting a nice hotel but this hotel exceeded my expectations. Clean, quiet, stylish, with great service. Will stay here again!

• Liked — cleanliness, style
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
Shepshed, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

Booked this on the strength of previous reviews and was not disappointed. Stayed for 5 nights on business, in a suite - definately worth the few dollars extra. Size of room was great, with inclusive breakfast a bonus.
Bed was really comfortable.
Lots of convenient restaurants locally.
Only down side noted was paper thin walls. If you had a noisy neighbour it could be a problem as you could hear the TV next door whenever it was on.

• Liked — Bed comfort
  • Disliked — Noise from other rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank PJSLeicestershire_UK
Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2007

Frequent visitor to Tulsa and I always stay at the Hampton-Woodland Hills. Mini suites are very roomy, sparkling clean, and the beds extremely comfortable with plenty of pillows. Staff has always been pleasent and helpful. I can't think of one negative thing about this hotel.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank karenini
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2005

Spent one night here in August-my first time at this property. It was better than some other Hamptons I have been in. This one had mostly business people, making it quiet / calm enough to sleep. Has the good Hampton things like curved shower curtain and full sized mirrored door for the small closet. Nice touch of 2 free bottles of water and packaged snacks awaiting on the bedstand. Lots of channels on the TV, but the TV does not move out of a fixed spot, so you can't view it easily. This was really my only complaint, and it was not major as we were there for one brief night and left right after breakfast, first thing in the morning.
Chain restaurants and mall very nearby, if you need anything. Not a place to spend a week-long vacation, but if you need a reliable place to spend the night in the Tulsa suburbs, and you are on a business trip, this can work for you.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business