“6 night stay, will stay again”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial
Ranked #5 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Newark, New Jersey
“6 night stay, will stay again”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Just spent six nights here visiting family. The room was very clean, which is the biggest plus for me! The bed was comfortable and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I arrived at 2am due to flight delay and even at that hour the front desk staff was pleasant and check in was a breeze. The location is convenient and the rooms were quiet. The free breakfast was a plus! I liked that the containers/flatware were all disposable so I could just run downstairs, grab food and bring back to my room. My only negative was that there were no cleaning supplies in the fitness room to wipe down the equipment. Following a hotel survey the manager said there will be supplies there now. :). I will go back to this hotel for the next family visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Missouri
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've been in quite a few Hampton Inns around the country. Most of the time the rooms, decor, service, amenities, etc. are the same. This pretty much fits the mold. The location is just off a side street so you don't hear traffic zooming by. There's a mall across the street and several shops and restaurants if you want to walk nearby instead of drive. With a car, it's a hop, skip, and jump to access tons of places - very commercialized section of town.

I enjoyed the king-sized bed and the large-screen TV. The desk and nightstand had convenient outlets and USB ports for charging devices. The A/C unit worked well but was noisy (not central air - the kind that sits under the window and blows off and on). The tub was fine and housekeeping happened to bring me a fresh shower curtain right after I checked in. That was nice. But started me thinking - how often do hotels really change the curtains? This was the first time I'd noticed one being changed out...

Personally I don't like the soap bars - they're square, thin in the middle, and not much scent. Kind of the opposite of what most people prefer - oval shapes are easier to grip and making them thicker in the middle keeps them from breaking into pieces prematurely. My theory is that some designer wanted all the HI decor and graphics to be squares - the signs are square or rectangular, artwork is square, breakfast area full of squares. Maybe they should think about function over form.

Breakfast was ok - they do provide brand-name cereal in individual boxes along with yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, and various hot items and baked goods. Other hotels put their cold cereal into containers and dispensers - and I always suspect they substitute store brands or generics for the real stuff. :)

The fitness room had some cardio machines but no weights. On check-in, the staff told me I could go to Gold's Gym down the road for free. Since I had free time, I went ahead and visited Gold's. Great place - spacious, tons of equipment, clean. Try it!

Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great hotel, awesome location. Staff is always very helpful and friendly. Have stayed here several times and is always great! The complimentary breakfas has lots of items to choose from and is always stocked very well.

Kingfisher, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Comfortable accommodations, super clean, super quiet, not overcrowded at all. Friendly and considerate staff, who are nice to talk to as well as knowledgeable. Great night's sleep, perfect bed and soft pillows. I definitely felt refreshed when I left. Enjoyed the breakfast a lot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Oklahoma City, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were there for a 3 night get-a-way and everything was excellent. The room was very spacious with a very large bathroom. Beds were very comfortable and everything was sooooooo quite, just what we needed. The breakfast was displayed beautifully with a wide selection of foods. I consider this one of the best places we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Richard A
HamptonSuites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Richard A.,

Thank you for your review of your get-a-way at our hotel, we appreciate the positive comments.

You definitely have the right idea...vacation doesn't mean you have to go far or spend a lot of money and a quick trip to nearby city can be just the right change of pace to re-energize and relax. We're glad you chose to stay with us on your get-a-way. I think we should all "run away from home" from time to time.

Hope to see you next time you take some time off.

Ginger Bell
Rantoul, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Clean room, wonderful bed and pillows. Shower was SUPER Hot.. you can not beat this shower! Breakfast was fabulous! Hotel is super close to mall and food places. I just wish it were a bit lower in price.

Dear Suzie E.,

Thank you for your comments and review, we're glad you had a positive experience. We're also glad you were able to enjoy Woodland Hills Mall and the area restaurants, you don't have to go far to find what you need.

Summer is a peak time for most hotels in this area, with family vacations and our regular corporate travelers we often fill. Be sure to check the Special Offers section on our website when booking. We often have a special promotion or package that might provide a better value for you.

Thanks again for your review, we hope to see you again.

Ginger Bell
Tulsa, United States
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel is old. not as new as the manager mentioned. Tulsa is a very competitive city that hotels competing for occupancies rate . The hotel should give more attention to long term guests. Old ACs, few rooms do smells,

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonSuites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.