“Beware the bed bugs”

Ranked #5 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
The Villages, Florida
“Beware the bed bugs”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Although we love Hampton inns this one disappointed us. It was clean and breakfast standard Hampton fare, but we discovered a bed bug on our wall the morning after our one night stay. Took it to the night clerk who confirmed it was a bed bug via the Internet. Even though we said we were freaked out and upset, they didn't offer a refund in spite of us being Hilton honors customers. I filed a complaint with Hampton online and did receive a call saying they would look into it....but nothing further since then and that was two months ago. Ok place to stay if you want to chance bed bugs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank STEVE E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
The South
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Nice job on this facility. I dogged them in the fall for not warning visitors of their remodel project.

Now that it's done, it's super. I hope to stay here every time I visit Tulsa.

While you're there, hit "Lanna Thai" around the corner on Memorial. Well worth it, if you like Thai food.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
HamptonSuites, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Kevster28,

We're so glad you like our new look, we love it too. Rennovation definitely has it's challenges but we feel the positive changes and the new fresh look were worth it. Thank you for bearing with us and giving us another chance. We hope to see you again soon.

Ginger Bell
General Manger
USA
Reviewed November 23, 2011

This hotel appears to have recently completed a very nice rennovation of their property - either that or it is new. Everything inside looks almost brand new, and has a modern style to it.

The front desk staff was very helpful - after checking in, I tried to turn on the televsion only to find it did not work. The front desk staff arrived just a few minutes after I reported the problem, and when they could not fix it, they promptly offered me another room (identical in features). They hand delivered the new keys and I did not have to go to the check in desk to retrieve them.

The rooms are very nice - I had a room with a king sized bed, which also included a small refrigerator and microwave. The room was very clean when I arrived and was cleaned nicely between the two nights I stayed. Either the rooms are well-insulated or the guests were exceptionally quiet - I did not hear any outside noises either night, and I was sharing the hotel with several teenage soccer teams. I saw them talking quietly in the hallway a few times, but I did not hear anything inside my room.

One thing to be aware of for families - this hotel has only an outdoor pool. If you are taking kids who want to swim, this may not be your ideal accomodations during the winter.

The rooms do have free wireless internet, with a passcode given to guests at check in. The only thing slightly annoying, was that the internet would disconnect every few hours (each time I left my room), and the passcode had to be re-entered each time to reconnect.

The free breakfast provided by the hotel was very nice and had a variety of options. They served a couple of hot dishes (eggs and sausage, oatmeal) plus basic continental breakfast staples, including fruit, cereal, yogurt, pastries, toast, juice, coffee, etc. They also had a make-your-own waffle station. I appreciated the fresh fruit and yogurt - I prefer to eat a lighter, relatively healthy breakfast, and many hotels do not offer these options. Breakfast was served from 6-10, and I slept in late and arrived at 9:30 one morning to find plenty of food still available, despite the fact that a large group of teenage athletes were staying there and had already eaten.

The only thing I didn't really like about this hotel, was the fact that the key cards de-magnetize if you look at them funny. I had to have the hotel reactivate my card, despite the fact that it had not come into contact with any other items. They need to consider upgrading their system.

The hotel is in a nice and safe location, close to lots of shopping and restaurants, but far enough from the main street to avoid noise problems. It is directly across the street from the Woodland Hills Mall. There is also a Target grocery store just a few blocks away, if you want something to use in your refrigerator and microwave. It is less than 5 minutes from a major highway, so it is easy to get to anywhere else in town that you need to go. Parking is free and there are plenty of spaces available.

I booked this hotel through American Airlines vacations, and it was no more expensive than just buying the plane ticket by itself, so it was almost like I got the room for free, which makes it an even better value than it would have been otherwise. I'm sure this hotel is worth whatever the regular rate is, I have stayed at 4- and 5-star properties that were not as clean and did not offer as many amenities included in the room rate as this 2-star property has. I would recommend this hotel to someone wanting to stay in Tulsa.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are at the back of the hotel and do not face the main street. They may b...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Clarksville, Maryland
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This Hampton Inn is awesome! Brand new and beautifully decorated! Great staff and I had a great stay here! Will come back when I'm in Tulsa!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Marlow, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while my brother was in the hospital for a few days. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Not knowing when he would be released, they were all so very gracious to work with me and let me call when I found out each day before noon. My room was very clean and inviting as was the whole hotel. I will definitely stay here each time I'm in Tulsa.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and there was no loud noises from the other rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We needed a place to stay while visiting our daughter and grandson. We were so thankful this is the hotel we chose. From the entryway, lobby, room and staff, the entire stay was better than excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Oklahoma
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as it was one of the cheaper ones we could find in the area. They were just finishing updating the hotel on Sep. 24. The overall look of the hotel was inviting and clean. The entry was nice and the main lobby area was still closed for updating but almost finished. The room was nice with flat screen TV, good matress and new carpet and paint. The complimentary breakfast was excellent as they had eggs, sausage, belgian waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast, rolls, bagels, milk, orange juice, and coffee that I can remember. Our only complaints were that 1)my wife did not like the pillows, she thought they were too hard and 2) the heavier curtain on the window would not close because they were on each side of the A/C unit and were not designed to close. We tried to clip the curtain together best we could, but quit a bit of light was coming in in the morning. The location in Tulsa is in a very nice, new, clean area. There are a lot of restaurants, the Woodlands Hills Mall, and the River Spirit Casino is about 5 miles away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple