“Very pleasant stay”

Residence Inn Tulsa South
Ranked #29 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We took our children and grandchildren to the Residence Inn Tulsa South and were pleasantly surprised with the facility and staff. The 2 bedroom and 2 bath rooms were totally separate. Both bedrooms had a separate bathroom behind separate walls. The kitchen and living spaces were larger than expected and everything was very clean and modern. Each evening the "mixer" was open in the hotel lounge, the food and drinks were good. Of special comment was the lady that was in charge of the food and drinks - very interactive with adults and children, alike. Highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here a couple of times in May, one for fun and one for business. First time around we got a 2 bedroom suite - it had a fireplace and lots of room. It was perfect for our girls weekend - we were doing the Color Run! The next time around I needed a 2 bedroom suite, but they were sold out. The staff offered to still hold the room for me and told me a couple of places to check that also offered 2 bedroom suites. That was unheard of to me! But, my needs came first - not just filling another room! I will highly recommend this place just based on the staff, but the breakfast, rooms and location are excellent too!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I travel extensively for business and have found myself being a little harder when reviewing hotels and restaurants each time. I used to,give out "5"ratings for places I would now probably rate a "3" or so. I say that, because this Residence Inn definitely earned this "5" rating. Very comfortable room, very clean and with everything needed. Staff was outstanding in every encounter. I had a special,request at check in and it was taken care of with a smile. Breakfast was very good, and the mid-week,social time, in the evening was enjoyable. This place is well located and again, the staff genuinely wants to make your stay perfect. Next time I'm in Tulsa, I'll be staying here again. You won't be disappointed if you do, too.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have become a business traveler for a little over two years now, and have been staying at a lot of Marriott locations across the U.S. In my opinion, this has got to be one of the friendliest group of staff I have had the pleasure of meeting. I stayed here for two weeks, and every single one of the staff members were courteous and always handled my needs/requests quickly. I gave it 4/5 because of the staff. The location is in a great area with a lot of shops and restaurants, but can get hit with a lot of traffic during the busy hours. Best of all, there was a market really close to the hotel, perfect for grocery shopping at a long stay here. The rooms were decent as I moved to three different rooms during the course of the stay due to loud guests and such. Sometimes I see the inventory of utensils to be missing in one room compared to a fully loaded kitchenette from another. Besides that, the Residence Inn made my stay very enjoyable and thanks again to the wonderful staff who made it a very pleasant two week trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank acwong27
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was on a long-term assignment in Tulsa and moved to this hotel because of its kitchen accommodations. Whenever I left or returned to the hotel, the staff would greet me by name in a most pleasant manner. They always made me feel welcome. All of my requests were handled promptly, and the staff went out of its way to resolve any complaints I might have. They truly seemed to enjoy their jobs, and it was a pleasure to interact with them. My only complaint was the inability to find a room that did not have a light shining in the window at night and one that was not near noisy generators. After moving from room to room, I had to finally leave the hotel because it did not seem possible to find a room that was both quiet and dark. I regretted having to leave.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeri W
Reviewed May 19, 2014

From the first call to make our reservation until the time we checked out, the staff gave 110% to any and all of our requests. They were extremely helpful -- especially Kim Williams and Chris Theilacker. The atmosphere of the Inn is welcoming, the rooms are large, clean and cheery. We were pleased to find the hotel quiet -- no noise from other rooms. The beds are very comfortable. We didn't use the kitchen, but it looked fine. I'll recommend it to anyone I know who will be traveling to Tulsa.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stayed several days in March and were very happy with this property. It is a fairly standard Residence Inn in design/layout, but the property is very clean, the breakfast is nice (and ready early), and the staff were great. The fitness room was also a pleasant surprise as it had a complete weight set and a bench press. The location - for our purposes - was good as it was located near a variety of restaurant options and a grocery store, as well as being located right off the highway. Like with any Residence Inn, one of the benefits is being able to cook a quick meal - which we took advantage of several times. The only drawback was that we did not have a pot to cook pasta, however, a quick call to the front desk remedied this problem quickly. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay and would certainly consider staying again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BoCoMoTiger
RITulsa, General Manager at Residence Inn Tulsa South, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear BoCoMoTiger,

Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel, we truly appreciate it. I am glad the front desk was able to get you a pot to cook your pasta however, I will look into why one was not in your room from the beginning.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for staying with us!