“What a Find”
Review of The Campbell Hotel

The Campbell Hotel
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I decided to take a trip to Tulsa for the first time and by chance heard about the Campbell. Didn't look like it was very special on the outside, but the interior wowed us. The staff was great, the bar comfortable and friendly. We stayed in the Route 66 room, each room has a theme. Our room was quite, and the most comfortable king size bed we have ever slept in. This was a great room for several other reasons as well, black out curtains so we could sleep in, wonderful route 66 appointments and an extra sitting room for lots of space. We wanted to extend our stay because we were having such a great time exploring the city from the great location of the hotel, but we found the room was booked so we had to check out. We will return to the Campbell, because we didn't find anything we didn't like about the hotel.

Room Tip: Route 66 room is quite, roomy and comfotable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

I'm certainly glad you found us, and please do come back. Try a different room, a whole new story to be told, and we love having you. Thank you so much for the great review. Tulsa is a great place to visit and hang out, and we're thrilled you took a chance on us, and that we delivered! The building and h otel were built in 1927, and we are on the National Register of Historic Places, so we cannot change the facade, but were allowed to restore the inside to "more than its former glory". So please come back soon and enjoy what we had so much fun putting back into use. And thanks again! Barbara

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

My room was the only one with double beds with a sky light and had a rich updated decor with archived photos of Tulsa. The food was excellent at Maxwell's and reasonably priced. They were friendly and very accommodating for the wedding favors and flowers.
The AC and heating was good once they explained how to use the remote for it. A keuige coffee maker was in the room. I loved that! A fridge and microwave with a spa tub and beautiful shower!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

I'm so glad you appreciated the decor of the Oil Baron Suite. It is a very nice room. We often have wedding parties, and people get to compare rooms with each other, something you can't do at a Holiday Inn or Doubletree. Of course all 26 of the rooms are different, so it's kind of fun. It's a great place to have an event and stay over, especially if family and friends are from all over. You were probably glad to get back to Florida after the ice here this weekend though. Yeah, Florida sounds nice. Thanks for mentioning Maxxwells Restaurant in your review also. Hope you come back some time.
Barbara

Reviewed December 20, 2013

My wife and I just stayed here for our anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. We stayed in the Golden Hurricane's room and it was beautiful. The whole hotel has a classy, cultured and relatable ambiance to it. The staff were all really friendly. Whenever we go to Tulsa, I can't imagine going anywhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

You are so nice to give us this lovely review. We love to have couples spend their anniversaries with us, especially if we know. A celebration of love and life, what could be better? Here's to another year. Please come stay with us again when you are in Tulsa. We will be looking forward to it. Barbara

Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is really a gem! I loved the hotel, the staff, the restaurant, and the great ambiance of the hotel. We stayed in the Route 66 Suite and it is the perfect place to have a great Tulsa experience. Nothing was missing! I can't find a fault!!! I will definitely recommend this hotel as the best kept secret in Tulsa. They even let us bring our dog and there is a park next door. Perfection! Maxwells was very good, not only for breakfast, but at lunch, too!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Route 66 suite and didn't find it loud. Really, loved the two rooms and double...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

That's what I like to hear. The Route 66 suite is fun. Hopefully you will be back and enjoy another theme. We appreciate you helping us get the word out with this lovely review. We just got Maxxwells Restaurant open a few months ago, and it is a great addition to the hospitality we offer. I'm glad you found us and look forward to your return. Thanks again. Barbara

Reviewed November 26, 2013

T-town is my hometown, and I grew up mere blocks away from this hotel. I am so excited to see all of the development and renovations being done on 11th street. I stayed at the Campbell last week with five friends- we stayed in the Oil Barons room (gorgeous bathroom, huge, beautiful skylight) and the Equestrian room (fantastic little sitting area outside the bedroom, huge and very comfy bed). All of the little touches made our stay so comfortable and enjoyable (liquid soap in the bathrooms! I hate unwrapping bar soap at hotels). The decor is visually interesting while still being so very comfortable, there are coffee choices galore both in the rooms and in the lobby, the lounge is cozy and relaxing, I'm so glad I discovered this hotel and can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

And you never have to stay any where else!. We love to have you. There are 24 more rooms for you to check out. All different. I'm glad you found us, and we love what is going on in the neighborhood too. It's a great place to live, work, and play. And it just keeps getting better. There is a Route 66 revival going on, and since we are on the Mother Road, we get lots of travelers. Please come back soon. You can book online or one of our staff can help you pick out another room to try. Thanks again. Barbara

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The wife and I stayed here for our anniversary...we are local so it was more of a "stay-cation." Booked the Renaissance Suite, beautiful room! Room being right off the street, you did get road noise but, it wasn't overbearing. And the floors were cool being the real wood floors and all but, they were a little too noisy for me. Other then those very minor things it was a awesome hotel and would most definitely recommend it! So if you are wanting something that isn't a big chain and a little quirky, BOOK IT! Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you! We're glad you checked us out and when you want to get away from home again, you should come and check out another room. They are all different. We'd love to have you. We have a date night now that includes dinner @ Maxxwells Restaurant and a couples massage in the spa, and, of course breakfast the next morning. Let us know if we can be of any help reserving your next stay. And thanks again. Barbara

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My daughter and I met in Tulsa to celebrate her birthday and had a wonderful stay here. From the moment we passed through the doors, we were met with a rich, elegant and inviting decor as well as a welcoming and helpful staff. This facility is very well done, rivaling other classic hotels in which we have stayed. The decor continued upstairs to a most inviting central seating area for guests to gather. We shared a standard queen room, The Leon Russell Room, which was a fun trip down memory lane for me having grown up in the area listening to Leon Russell...well, a few years ago! Though not a large room, it is designed and arranged to maximize space, comfort, and utility. Besides the fun and elegant decor, the room was well appointed to include a Kuerig coffee maker - HUGE plus! The bed was most comfortable and we both slept very well. Breakfast was included and served in the lovely Maxwells Restaurant. The breakfast menu has a variety of offerings though the only selection included with the room is the standard breakfast. We both chose to stick with this and we were NOT disappointed. It was a hearty breakfast with ample servings. As my husband and I have occasional weekend getaways in Tulsa, we will definitely stay here in the future. I look forward to staying in varying rooms to experience the unique personality and aura of the rooms offered in this lovely, boutique hotel.

Room Tip: Look online at the selection. Each room is uniquely decorated to a theme. Choose one that looks in...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks for telling everyone about us! I'm glad you enjoyed the Leon Russell room. The headboard is signed by Leon Russell himself, while he was here this year for his latest birthday celebration at the Cains Ballroom. It's a fun room. Almost all of the rooms are based on Oklahoma or Tulsa history. You only have 25 more to check out. A great way to spend time with your daughter. We hope you come back again real soon. Barbara