“Lovely, renovated hotel on historic Route 66” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Campbell Hotel

The Campbell Hotel
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Wichita, KS
“Lovely, renovated hotel on historic Route 66”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night while attending mom's weekend for my daughter's sorority at the University of Tulsa. The hotel is recently renovated, yet retains historic charm. Each room is uniquely decorated. Our bed was comfy, the room was clean and very cozy. Typical of its era, the bathroom is smallish, but nicely appointed. This would be a great choice for a anniversary celebration. As we were meeting family for breakfast, we didn't sample the breakfast choices but try looked yummy. Only negative, we couldn't figure out the remote control for the heater and nearly froze. We learned in the morning that we should have called for instructions. We will stay again, very close to TU and very reasonable with the TU rate.

Room Tip: Very uniquely decorated. Look them over on line!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank goict
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to give us a review. And a very nice one. I'm glad you liked it, and we hope to see you again real soon. Maybe try out a different theme this time. All are comfy. Thanks again. Barbara

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Once again I stayed at The Campbell. Every time I go I notice more. The art deco room was beautiful. I brought a friend who has not slept in for years. When you are at The Campbell you don't want to get up. We caught the owner and had time for a short tour. Just beautiful and the service will get you pampered!!! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Missingbarney
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
And it is pure heaven to receive a lovely review like the one you gave us. We are so glad you enjoyed staying. Your comfort is our goal. Glad you got a little tour also. We like to show it off. Hope to see you again real soon. Thanks again for staying and saying. Barbara
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I decided to stay at the Campbell Hotel for business after reading some of the reviews on TripAdvisor. I travel pretty regularly and was very open to something different from your standard Hilton Garden Inn or generic Do Drop In Nothing Fancy Here Hotel. The Campbell certainly did not disappoint. Each room is designed uniquely and well thought out. I have now been 3 times in the past 6 months and don't want to stay anywhere else in Tulsa. The bar is a nice where quite a few locals hand out. The beds are super comfortable. My last room was the Sky Suite. Incredibly gorgeous with a skylight and fireplace. Also, for great eating check out the Burn Company for barbecue or the Palace for dinner. Both far exceeded my expectations and without close distance of the hotel. A must go all around and conveniently located across from University of Tulsa.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank LoveLifeMusic
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Wow, that was super nice of you to give us that lovely review. And I like how you found out about us on Trip Advisor. That means the word is getting out that we are here. Glad you enjoyed your stays and we look forward to you returning to check out another room. We really appreciate you taking your valuable time to write a review. Happy traveling. See you soon. Barbara
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I spent valentines day in the Bridal Suite (the renaissance) and it was the most romantic thing me and my girlfriend could have asked for......I travel for a living and have spent too many nights in hotels but the Campbell was by far one of my favorite a b and b atmosphere with friendly staff and great rooms....Loved the two person jetted tub in our suite and the double shower. One cool feature was the sink lit up!!! had a chance to meet the owners and the salon and spa defiantly took care of us. Great little bar also. Cant wait for the anticipated restaurant. and over all no complaints whatsoever. From now on when im in tulsa the Campbell will be my only choice of hotel. Hopefully get to try out all the different themed rooms but The Bridal Suite was absolutely gorgeous couldnt have asked for more....THANK YOU CAMPBELL FOR HELPING ME ROCK VALENTINES DAY FOR MY GIRL.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KeveanRich
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much for the rocking review. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and all the amenities we have to offer. We enjoyed meeting you and having you stay there. And we will be very happy to have you back to check out one of the other 25 themed rooms. Happy traveling. See you soon. Barbara
Mac
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very friendly staff...beautiful room(golden hurricane room) but noisy because it was on street side. Very comfy chairs and loved the rug! Also loved the selection of bath products available and that they had HAND SOAP IN A DISPENSER INSTEAD OF JUST A BAR!

Room Tip: Room was beautiful(golden hurricane room) but I suggest you ask for a room on the south side of the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gltjat
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thanks for staying with us, and thanks for giving us a review. We appreciate it. I hope you will come back and stay again, and we will get you a room perfect for you. Route 66 traffic sometimes gets busy. Thanks again for the review. Barbara
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I booked a room at the Campbell for our wedding night as it was close to where we were holding the wedding and being TU grads we had driven past it often. I was a little concerned when the manager called me back after our reservations had been set to tell me a class reunion was being held the same weekend. We still had our room, but it was right above the ballroom where the reunion was to be held. I told her we would go ahead and keep the reservation and just hope for the best. I am so glad we did!

We stayed in the Route 66 suite and it was absolutely lovely. The room was spotless and had such fun furniture. Our bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and double shower heads in the large shower. The bed was super comfortable and we didn't hear anything from the other guests. I am a light sleeper so this was no small feat.

Check-in was an easy process. They even let us check in a little later than usual and said it was no problem. We really enjoyed wandering around the hotel and exploring all of the conference rooms and sitting areas. It is set up in a shopping strip like area and very different from anywhere we had ever stayed before. The elevator made the hotel very handicap friendly and the staff was so accommodating. The Campbell also offers a continental breakfast in the mornings which we were able to enjoy. The selection was large, although if you are picky or a health nut you might do better to grab breakfast elsewhere. But we really enjoyed it!

There is a spa and a bar all located within the hotel and it is within easy driving distance of the University of Tulsa as well as Cherry Street, Downtown, and Brookside. We felt like the location was a great choice for our evening. The hotel offers specials for TU alumni and current students and other special offers throughout the year. We found that while it was a little more expensive than other hotels could be it was well worth the expense. Wouldn't have changed a thing about our experience.

Room Tip: Check the website and see which room will be most fitting to your taste. Every one is different and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the lovely review. It is very much appreciated. I'm so glad you enjoyed your special night, and that we are a part of your memories. I hope you will return again and again. Thanks again for letting everyone know about our little hotel. Barbara
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

The owners of the Campbell have done a great job of remodeling an older hotel into a well-designed functional hotel. The bones of the old 1927 businessmen’s hotel remain and as a result the rooms and baths are generally small and the location is noteworthy only for its close proximity to the University of Tulsa. That being said, the owners have done very well within these confines. The rooms, though small, are nicely and uniquely decorated and equipped with a flat screen, microwave, fridge and Keurig coffee maker. I stayed in room 202 which was the Restless Ribbon room - a standard queen room. The bed itself was very comfortable but they had those overfilled fiberfill pillows that seem like they are fighting with you all night. The facility was clean and well maintained. Parking is easy, ample and free.

If I had to put a label on the Campbell I would call it an upscale budget hotel (I would label Westin's Aloft concept the same way). It provides a comfortable well designed accommodation at a very attractive price. There is no on-site restaurant however there is a light packaged breakfast provided and snacks are available throughout the day. I stayed here while visiting my son at the University of Tulsa and the TU rate they provided was an extraordinary value.

This is very much a family run hotel. The owners’ collection of Model A Fords is kept at the hotel. I needed a shuttle ride to the airport at 5:15 a.m. and my driver was the owner of the hotel. The rest of the staff is friendly but a little unpolished when compared to a more luxury hotels. This did not bother me some will find it problematic.

Bottom line is that I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review for us. We do appreciate it. You'll have to come back and stay again when your visiting your son, and check out a different room, of course with a different theme. We have other pillows available too. Just say the word. Hope to see you again real soon. Thanks again. Barbara