“food good, service weak”

Villa Ravenna Fine Dining​
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Ravenna Fine Dining​ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,304 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 51st & Sheridan
Description: Authentic Italian Cuisine, Italian owned with hands-on operation. You will find a Romantic, table cloth, candlelit atmosphere, Live classical music (Weekends). Home made pastas, game meats, sea food and specials offered daily, as well as our traditional plates. With our three generation in business we are committed to providing an impeccable, first-class dining experience through their unique menu, coupled with a great selection of fine wines. For information on one of a kind Wine Dinners, join us our exclusive customer email list for mayor events by sending us your contact information in our website.
Tulsa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“food good, service weak”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

The wait staff could be more proactive and customer service oriented! But the food was good!
We ordered the lasagna, and it was a big group of us. We liked the atmosphere and the family business element... the light was very dim and nice. All was good except the waiter who seemed bewildered at times and not speedy...

1 Thank k b
Sergio O, Owner at Villa Ravenna Fine Dining​, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
I'm sorry you feel that way , i was in the table a few time . We strive to have excellent overall experience. Thank you for let it us know . Any issues always is corrected .
We hope to see you back soon and ask for me, Sergio .

Dallas, Texas
“Authentic Cucina Italiana in Tulsa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I just got back from a week in Italy, where I dined at some of the best rated eateries in Rome and Sorrento. This place was as good or better as any of them. Start off with a limoncello martini made with an exceptionally smooth house limoncello (the liqueur is steeping in containers throughout the restaurant). Skip the house salad, but indulge in an antipasti with marsala sauce. The gnocchi is excellent, as is the ravioli and other pastas. Everything is freshly made. I didn't try the pesce, but I'm sure it's fresh and delicious. My wife loved the chicken marsala. The service was great, although the young waiters seemed nervous and new. They were nonetheless very attentive and knowledgable. This is our new favorite Italian place in Tulsa.

2 Thank BillF07
Sergio O, Owner at Villa Ravenna Fine Dining​, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I'm glad you like Real Italian Food and service, we loved to take care of you , we hope to see you back soon

All the best

Sergio Orioli
Oklahoma
“Like Being In Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Traditional dishes are done authentically, not "improved" for American tastes. However the menu is not limited to these; there is creativity in the appetizers and specialties. Ingredients are first rate, essential for Italian food. There is a nice selection of Italian wines, and the homemade Limoncello is excellent. I have always found the service to be quite good, and the atmosphere is like a trattoria in Rome (or Ravenna, for that matter). John F

1 Thank John F
Thank you for enjoying the restaurant , we are here to serve you
Best regards
Sergio Orioli
Owner
“Over rated!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The food was good but not great for how expensive it was. Also the portions are little for how much you pay! My husban got lobster ravioli and there were five of them! He was still hungry after. I really don't know how this was rated number one in Tulsa...we won't be back.

1 Thank Madison P
Sergio O, Owner at Villa Ravenna Fine Dining​, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Sorry you fell that way, I understand you like the ravioli but it did not fill you up, Our meals are high quality . I eat well myself and I will get a ravioli and a steak or a salad . We hope you comeback and ask for me I'm always in the restaurant and help toward what you like .
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Like most customers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I read myself over and over in the reviews published here.
The food is fantastic... always the best. The owner is always attentive, but he doesn't
change or work on the problems. Number #1 : Slow poor service. If you came in
and can get a drink to start things off, time unattended would pass easily, but change
is not in the wind. Number #2: Who can read the wine list if 90% is Italian and it takes
an expert to read USA wines since are so many. Borolo is an appellation, not a wine
but no rankings are offered. Domestic wine is 50% more expensive that other restaurants.
I'm not going back. Good food is other places as well and you can get a drink and have
wine list you can understand or get help with and a owner who cares.

• Visited March 2013
Sergio O, Owner at Villa Ravenna Fine Dining​, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Sorry that you feel that way , we have a large selection of wine specially Italian because we understand the varieties of people choices specially so many have gone to Italy and are particular about their wines and they want it from an Italian Restaurant , We do have many California , and other countries as well . I personally visit every table every day and ask if they need any additional service and to let me know if they need anything else . In regards to Brunello di Montalcino , Barolos and Amarones, is the way is sold , is the same description if a person ask for Pinot Noir. In regards to prices we have a wide variety of prices as well . We hope you come and visit us and I will personally take care of you and do suggestions of different wines .