“Great hotel with queen sized beds instead of double”

Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa Central
Ranked #4 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
McKinney, Texas
“Great hotel with queen sized beds instead of double”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I am, admittedly, very picky about hotel rooms. I could find very little to complain about in this room! Other than one small hair in the shower, the room was very clean. My other complaint would have to be that the pillows were actually TOO soft. As my son said, "it was like sinking into a never ending cloud", which doesn't seem like a bad thing initially, but they didn't offer a lot of neck support. Otherwise, the rooms were spacious, the beds were very comfortable (and queen sized!), the decor was modern but not overdone, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast offerings were more than adequate. They had multiple juices, bagels, muffins, eggs, waffles, cereal, fruit, and two great "hot" foods - a bagel topper (bagel topped with scrambled eggs and melted cheese) and smoked sausage. All four of us were happy. Would definitely stay here again. Thanks, Hampton!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank RNinTx
Tiffany S, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Tulsa Central, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed our bountiful breakfast, decor, and friendly staff. Our rooms with double queen size beds are perfect for traveling families. We also have a queen studio suite available, that has two queen size beds and a sofa sleeper! I appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of your room and also the comfort of the pillows. I am always looking for ways to improve our hotel to provide the best experience possible for our guests. Thank you for staying with us: I hope that you will return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, this hampton is top if the line. We have stayed in Hamptons all across the US , just now finishing up a two month journey across the country. We were quite impressed with the ambiance, fine decor and most of all the friendly service. From the mgmt to the maid service, everyone greeted us with a welcoming smile and a readiness to serve. Thank you tulsa Hampton! We hope to be back soon! ;)

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Lisa C
Thank you so much! This is such a nice review. I appreciate your kind words and will pass them along to the rest of the team. It is an absolute pleasure being part of a hotel that has the opportunity to serve such wonderful guests like you. We look forward to your next stay with us.
New York, NY
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for one night. The property itself is brand new and well maintained. When I checked in the check in was smooth and it seems the hotel read some of the preferences I put down. The room was modern and comfortable and so was the bed.
2 issues in the room were: poor sound isolation, I could hear other guests in adjacent rooms and walking down the hall. Second - the duvet had no sheet under it, so it was the bed sheet and duvet which is a little weird. Usually I find an extra sheet under the duvet.
Overall - a good stay and friendly checkin I would come back if I'm in town.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank HighTechTraveller
Thank you for staying at our hotel. I appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback. I am pleased that overall you had a good stay. I apologize that you encountered noise issues during your stay. Also, it is very strange indeed that you did not have a top sheet. This is not the norm and must have been an oversight by one of our housekeepers. Please stay with us again the next time you are in Tulsa: we love having you here!
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had an issue with toilet and a broken desk chair in first room when we checked in. We mentioned to front desk as we left for dinner and said we'd address our concerns on return. Well, dinner didn't happen as we were rear ended and had to return to hotel while determination made whether car was still road worthy. Explained issues to front desk staff and mentioned the accident. They immediately upgraded us to a king studio due to the toilet issue and the fact that we would have to extend our stay and allowed us to store some of our belongings in a room behind the front desk (did I mention the van was packed to the hilt with things for a 12 week winter escape and now had a broken rear window and damage to the rear door)....extended our stay until van could have window replaced. Did everything possible to assist us with making things as smooth as possible and couldn't have been more helpful. PS if you stay here, you must must must consider eating at Fish Daddy on 71st Street (Just don't go down S Memorial, use S. Mingo much less traffic and less chance to be rear ended:) ...best seafood ever and reasonable priced...Would stay here again although we doubt we'll return to Tulsa OK anytime soon.....Staff very attentive and helpful. Price about average for similar hotel chains.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sunny405
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure having you both stay with us. I hate that you went through so much during your time here in Tulsa, but it was nice to be able to help you during your time of need. I hope that you will not be scarred forever by your ordeal. Tulsa is really a nice place!
Mansfield,TX
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great Hotel!!You guys rock in cleanliness and customer service!! The room was modern and classy. The breakfast was fresh,hot and provided many different choices. I would stay at this Hampton again without hesitation.

2 Thank Quinita Y
You guys rock more! I appreciate your enthusiasm about our hotel. We try our best to be the best. Thank you for the encouragement. I hope to see you and your family again soon.
Northeast Oklahoma
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had been told from my sister that she stayed at Hamptons and liked them. We were here for a stay after a hospital surgery. They let us check in at 9:30 in the morning which helped us very much. Everything was nice and clean. A very nice and pleasant staff. Very nice continental free breakfast. There was not a lot of traffic noise or noisy other rooms. I would stay here again.

1 Thank Thomas R
Thank you for listening to your sister and staying with us! I hope that you are recovering well from your surgery. Our standard check in time is 3pm, but we always do our best to check guests in earlier whenever possible. I am very happy that you enjoyed our rooms, breakfast, and friendly service. I hope that you will stay with us again soon, but hopefully under better circumstances than last time.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is a great property in central Tulsa. The hotel is very nice, the room and bathroom was extremely clean and well maintained, the bedding was comforable, and we received free breakfast (cereal, waffles, coffee, tea, fruit, etc.). There are also many restaurants nearby. My kids are very difficult to please when it comes to hotels and my kids spoke very highly of this hotel. For the money, an excellent stay and the only place I will stay when I return to Tulsa.

5 Thank JoelG84