“Great experience”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-44
Description: A sophisticated ranch house look combined with Western decor and subtle Cowboy art is what diners will find at the all new GO WEST Restaurant and Saloon in West Tulsa! This locally owned restaurant features "Contemporary Cowboy Cuisine".With a menu featuring "Contemporary Cowboy Cuisine" by Johnny and Aila, the cuisine reflects the many influences of the American West and the Chef himself. The 6200 Square foot restaurant features an exhibition kitchen where diners can enjoy the culinary production. Carefully selected products are used such as all-natural Oklahoma Beef, artisan goat cheese, locally sourced produce and natural chicken. House made breads, tortillas and pastries are produced by the culinary team. Hand cut fries, house sauces and dressings are unique to the cuisine. Bone In Cowboy Ribeye to Maple Glazed Salmon with a Chiptole Vinegarette along with Jalapeno Cheesecake are favorites!
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Our first visit with two two friends. Each of us had a different appetizer, different entree and different dessert. All were wonderful. The chef definitely knows how to put interesting and delectable choices on the menu.
Our waitress was friendly and very attentive. I have already recommended the restaurant to several people and will be bring a large party there in the near future
The only downside was the location, it is easy to miss and located in a unique setting.

• Visited January 2014

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Dinner Date”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We went to Go West on a Friday evening about 8:30. We were greeted by the Cowgirl Valet, who let my husband ride the horse to the entrance. It was kind of fun! I didn't ride, I don't like horses. The restaurant itself is very beautiful inside. The food was good, I got the bone in pork chop (huge) and my husband got the Chicken fry. We are both so accustom to fast food the fresh food and unique ingredients took a few bites to get use to. But we really enjoyed our meals! Also, the biscuits and muffins were really good as well! I hope to try Go West again soon!

Marathon, Florida
“Great Hamburgers”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We came to Tulsa to get repairs on our motor home, just down the street from the restaurant. Just passing through. Go West is right up the street, so we gave it a try. It was Sunday afternoon and they were closed. There were a number of people in the saloon as they were having a private party. When we asked where we could get a hamburger, the hostess took pity on us poor stragglers from out of town and said she could serve us hamburgers She even brought us some leftover appetizers from the party. She listened to our sad story of limping down the interstate at 30 miles per hour and waited on us like a sympathetic friend. The burgers were great!

I think the place may be a little hard to find, but it is right alongside the interstate (44) at exit 222 (just up the street from the Freightliner Truck service). Ask for Vonda.

• Visited October 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“A Very Good Meal”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I really enjoyed the meal we had at Go West. I had the grilled buffalo meatloaf and was very happily surprised. The spicey flavor and perfect texture with that great sauce made for a very memorable and tastey experience. The meal came with some very good "smashed potatoes", which I would have liked more of, and some very good fresh green beans. Others in our party ordered the steak medallions and the cowboy steak. Each diner said that their choice was very good. The diner who ordered the cowboy steak said he would have liked a more traditional western steak with a salad and a baked patato. Go West though is a more progressive restaurant, the meals came with great "smashed" potatoes which I really enjoyed. The meals did not include a salad. This was a little disappointing to all in our party. I grudgingly oredered a recommended small salad wihich I did like very much. We are just so used to a salad coming with the main entree. The waiting staff did try hard to be friendly and helpful and prompt, and the owner dropped by to see how things were going. Their efforts were appreciated. There were a few mistakes but nothing that took away from our experience. The menu said that they served Bud Light on tap, they didn't; their menu had not been updated the waitress said. We had immediatly received some very good bread when we sat down at our table. One of our party asked if she could have some of that to take home with her; our waitress happily furnished plenty. I would definitly recommend Go West for a great meal. I will be going back for sure.

• Visited September 2013
Oklahoma
“Worth a drive...”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We made a reservation and were seated in the saloon which turned out to be a great area to sit for a casual dinner with friends. The website says corkage is permitted but were given a strange look at the hostess station when we asked if it was fine to bring in our large format bottle of red. The bartender who waited on us greeted our bottle with welcoming arms, though. All of our dishes were excellent except for the fajitas, which we disliked purely because we prefer traditional tex-mex fajitas juiced up with salsa and cheese so otherwise I am sure others might really enjoy. Try the potato and mushroom enchiladas - surprisingly authentic flavor. Nice wine list and good happy hour menu in the bar. The dollar PBR drafts are probably the best beer deal at any restaurant of this level. The cowboy theme is fun and casual and makes for a great overall experience. Definitely take time to Go West and try something unique.

• Visited June 2013