“Off the hook!”
Review of The Asian Bistro - CLOSED

The Asian Bistro
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Four reviews didn't seem like alot, but I have used trip advisor MANY times and luckily enough I have not been lead astray. We were in Tulsa doing work related stuff and needed food, Chinese sounded perfect. We went with this one thinking it's not to far off our route and the reviews were good. All I can really say, is that this food was the best Chinese I have had in 20 years! There were 3 of us, each had a soup (wonton, hot and sour, egg drop) we shared an appetizer (bistro wings) and we each had a different main course (sesame chicken, orange chicken, rice noodle with pork). I tried everything as any foodie would. Let me say that if one of the soups was your favorite, you would love it here. My favorite has always been egg drop, and they do it perfect. The chicken dishes have very good sauce (fresh sauce) and the chicken is not tough and over done like most restaurants do. I have searched for 20 years for a great pork lo mein (you know like they use to do with the super fine rice noodle). I explained to our gracious host what I had been searching for and she led me to the rice noodle and I could add pork. She got it right! The dish was lite and fresh with the most excellent flavor, and just the right amount of pork. I will volunteer for the Tulsa trip every time just to eat here! Thank you to the owners for sharing your talent with the rest of us. Insert Chinese words for thank you and best of luck, here.

1  Thank Mowissa35

Reviewed August 16, 2011

The food at Asian Bistro is great. Everytime I go there, the food give me a feeling of home, cause they taste so much alike. I always order me a roasted duck, a beef flat noodle, tofu pot. and chicken wings. Chef TOM always gives me free samples. and I love trying new food.

My name is Jacky and I am from Hong Kong, China. Been to USA for 15 years since the age of 14. My uncle and my mother are both "chinese" restaurant owners in Tulsa area. I have worked at dozen of "asian" restaurants. And let me say this... 90% of ALL "asian" restaurant in Tulsa, I won't eat at. They all use MSG and food coloring. They are ALL dirty at the kitchen. The walk in are ALL messy. ^^ I have never had "sweet and sour Chicken" until I came to USA. What is egg drop soup? Asian food in America, I never had in asia. what a joke!! Even famous restaurant like PF chang's or Panda express. To my standard, they are not bad, however, Crappy still. When you go there, you eat the band name, not the food.

The opening of Asian Bistro is a breath of fresh air in Tulsa, because we no longer had to drive down to OKC, just to get some good chinese. I will tell all my friends and families, just to make sure they stay OPEN for a long long time.

The real deal is here!! Asian Bistro !!!

1  Thank JLYW1982
Reviewed July 26, 2011

There are two menus: One Chinese-American and the other REAL Chinese cuisene. Order from the latter for a true culinary delight. The service is friendly and prompt. The prices are rediculiously low for the quality - and quanity served. If you like Chinese food - or really unique and good food - visit the Asian Bristro.

2  Thank thomasjhaas
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Cannot recommend this restaurant enough. This is the former owner of szechuan express at 51st and memorial, he was out of the business for a few years but he just opened up 5 months ago. I have eaten at his old restaurant hundreds of times over the years and my favorite is Orange Beef and I ate my fav Orange beef again and it is better than ever! I had the won ton soup for my appitizer and thought it to be delicious! The prices are more than fair and I actually told the owner he should charge more. These are good people with a passion to provide quality food and quality service. Please support my friend and owner of this restaurant.

1  Thank fearless101
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Ask for the "Special Menu" they have one that is white for "normal" Chinese fair, but another that is more authentic food and YUMMY so worth it!

1  Thank Stefhoney