“Changes may not always be to the better”
Review of Bamboo Thai Bistro

Bamboo Thai Bistro
Ranked #151 of 1,343 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 918-828-0740
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been to Bamboo Thai Bistro many times. Both, my wife and I absolutely love the food there. We appreciated the new addition of complimentary cabbage soup before the meal. However, we were very disappointed with a sudden reduction in the size of the portions they serve. We used to always feel full when we ordered one of the main dishes. But, now it seems like the portions are the size of an appetizer. The prices remained the same. But, you have to order a couple of dishes now to have a decent meal.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We made a last-minute choice to go out with a group of friends, and we could not get into our first 2 choices, so someone suggested Bamboo Thai. It is a small place, but we got right in at 7 pm on a Friday. Actually there were only 3 or 4 other tables with guests, otherwise empty! Service was good. I am not a Thai food person, but the coconut soup was great! Fried spring rolls were just eh. Philadelphia roll was yummy. Everyone enjoyed their dinners. Recommend if you have a group and want a nice, quiet place to visit with each other.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This food is as close to authentic your gonna get. Small place and simple deco, but don't come for Tue scene, come for the food! Our server was brand new and didn't really speak great English, but we made it work. Dis I mention how good this food is!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been to Bamboo Thai Bistro 5 times in the last 6 months and everytime I get the Pad Thai and it is absolutely amazing. I have had Pad Thai from 4 other restaruants in the last couple years, trying to find a place that compares to Bamboo Thai and it is a no go. I wish that it were cheaper and that the portion sizes were consistent (first couple times I went I got enough for two meals for me, but the last two times I have received significantly less than usual) but even so I love this place!

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

It took courage to enter the small unappealing strip mall unwelcoming building, but once inside was pleasantly surprised. Attractive, if simple, dining room, and wonderfully prepared Thai food and sauces. Only the overcooked duck itself (likely prepared days in advance) in a lovely green curry with fresh vegetables lowered my food rating. Definitely above average.