“Best Zoo I've taken the kiddos to!”
Review of Tulsa Zoo

Tulsa Zoo
Ranked #6 of 115 things to do in Tulsa
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about animals from all parts of the world at the Tulsa Zoo, which is located on 85 acres in Mohawk Park in Tulsa. For more than 85 years, the Tulsa Zoo has provided family friendly recreation, natural sciences education and conservation of wildlife.
Leander, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Zoo I've taken the kiddos to!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We just visited the zoo last week and I was very impressed. It's inexpensive admission, the all you can ride bracelet (for carousel & train) is a great deal. The zoo was clean, it's nice to have so many indoor exhibits in the summertime when you need a break from the heat. The exhibits were what you expect from the zoo, lots of animals and clean habitats. My girls talked about it all week and they have been to at least 6 different zoos already at 2 years old! If I lived nearby, I'd definitely have a season pass here. The food seemed pricey, but you have to expect that I guess. Another bonus - all of the doors had the handicap button so it was easy to maneuver with my double stroller since I'm a single Mom. No balancing act to get in and out of buildings!

2 Thank Jamie G

Fort Worth, Texas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A lovely zoo”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Reading about the Tulsa Zoo is what drew us to vacation in Tulsa. We were not disappointed. This zoo is lovely and pleasant to walk around in. The grounds are pretty, with lots of interesting plants. Most of the exhibits are spacious. We actually went to the zoo twice, spending three hours both times. On our first visit we walked around and saw most of the exhibits and took lots of pictures, especially of the free-roaming peacocks. On our second visit we rode the train (nice) and then concentrated our attention on the Wildlife Trek and the Tropical American Rainforest building. We really like the way you can see and be among many animals, like birds and bats and frogs and lizards, without bars intervening. In our opinion, a trip to Tulsa would not be complete without a visit to this zoo.

oklahoma
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Always a favorite”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Tulsa Zoo is a just what you would want and expect in a city zoo! We have been pleased with every visit.

Visited June 2013
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Always a must see.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I grew up going to this zoo. We always visit when we come to town. I really like the improvements they are making. I hope that they can continue to raise funds to improve the animal habitats. My girls really enjoyed the new Arctic Blast booth in the Arctic building - what a nice way to end on a hot summer day.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Really nice zoo”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was a really nice zoo. The enclosures were of good size for the animals and well done. The monkeys got a huge place to themselves, so I'm sure they were loving it!! It was quite hot when we went, and you will be there and walking for a while, so I wouldn't recommend it for kids or the elderly, unless you go in the morning or on a cool day.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank jmiller3091

Been to Tulsa Zoo? Share your experiences!