“Pretty Awesome”
Review of Tulsa Zoo

Tulsa Zoo
Ranked #10 of 124 things to do in Tulsa
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about animals from all parts of the world at the Tulsa Zoo, which is located on 85 acres in Mohawk Park in Tulsa. For more than 85 years, the Tulsa Zoo has provided family friendly recreation, natural sciences education and conservation of wildlife.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place is awesome and especially it is a great place for all ages and they have the best shows and also the birds the are awesome but I would really like to get up close more of the birds and monkeys but the amazon is the best one because the animals there are around you and if you are very careful and quiet you can see some fruit bats up close and also the poisonous dart frogs are fun to find but really it is not good that some of the interaction in the elephant display is not working but they are fixing it up!!!

GO AND HAVE FUN!!!

in 22 reviews
"habitat"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The best part about this zoo is its size. It is small, and as a result, the visitors are "up close and personal" with the animals. This zoo has all of the major animals you would expect a zoo to have. The enclosures were clean and well-maintained. There is a train that will take you around the facility, but the best part was having the chance to ride a camel! I highly recommend coming early. By getting there when the doors opened, we were able to see everything we wanted to see before the hoards of small children and strollers arrived. Bring you camera! You will want to take some pictures!

1  Thank VanEsq12
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a clean and nice zoo. We visit here a few times a year. Our favorite is the otters and the meerkats!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have to start this review with letting you know that we visit a LOT of zoos, wildlife parks, etc.

This zoo was perfectly average. That's not to say that it was a bad zoo (it was a good zoo). It's just not an excellent zoo. There was nothing in my mind to make it stand out from the dozens of other zoos I've visited.

We were there in the winter (very cold) and many sections were closed with the animals kept somewhere warmer.

If you're in Tulsa, it is worth a visit if you have an afternoon free.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I bought season passes for the year and went many times. I have had family work there and through my life it has improved and become a great place for family. Our daughter loved playing in the petting zoo part. There is a great selection of animals and a lot of walking can be done. They are always improving and it has been honored with multiple national awards for greatest zoo or in top zoos in country. There was construction in some of the areas but it may be done now.

Been to Tulsa Zoo? Share your experiences!