“Nice Place”
Review of Tulsa Zoo

Tulsa Zoo
Ranked #6 of 115 things to do in Tulsa
More attraction details
Owner description: Learn about animals from all parts of the world at the Tulsa Zoo, which is located on 85 acres in Mohawk Park in Tulsa. For more than 85 years, the Tulsa Zoo has provided family friendly recreation, natural sciences education and conservation of wildlife.
Duncan, ok
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice Place”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Be ready to walk but it is nice we took the train it was wet and cool that day but it was fun. Great for tulsa just kinda out of the way we got lost but found it.

Visited June 2011

Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The Tulsa Zoo is a Fun Place for the Fam”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

So many exhibits and things to see. We are going to take our 2 year old there this summer. It was our oldest boy's first zoo to see and I remember how excited he was years ago. Lots of animals and info! You won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank CoachJJP
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It's was fun our 4-1/2 yr old had a good time”
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I think they should have more animals but for a smaller city a nice zoo

Tulsa, Oklahoma
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have only lived in Tulsa for a few months but have already been to the zoo 3 times. The grounds are beautiful and they have a wide variety of animals. I also really appreciate the fact that you can bring in your own food. I usually pack a sack lunch and buy some ice cream there. There is also a large play area for kids. We spend about half of our time looking at the animals and my grandson spends a couple of hours on the play equipment. We bought a family membership the end of March and it has paid for itself already.

Visited April 2012
arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A fun family activity...but too many closed exhibits”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Our family enjoyed our recent trip to the Tulsa Zoo. The zoo is clean and well kept and of course, family friendly. My children, ages 1-13, enjoyed the sea lions exhibit (we got to watch the trainers work with the sea lions and the exhibit is set up for excellent viewing), the petting zoo, and the rain forest which included hundreds of tiny frogs. We were disappointed however, because several exhibits and actually several buildings were closed. The signs indicated remodeling so I am thinking they may be closed for a while. The last time we visited was about 3 years ago, and several exhibits (different ones) were closed also. I would suggest calling to find out about closed exhibits before making plans to visit.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank mamatofive

Been to Tulsa Zoo? Share your experiences!