“Good Value South of Tulsa”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby
Ranked #93 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is the perfect place for you when you
a) drive up from Dallas on a Friday afternoon and don't want to search around Tulsa town in the dark to find your hotel,
b) like stylish decorated, clean and spacious rooms,
c) appreciate restaurants, movie theatre and shopping within walking distance,
d) consider friendly front-desk personnel a plus,
e) make sure to request a room on the top floor to prevent "trample noise"
e) don't mind when the TV, music system and lively guest conversation compete with each other in the restaurant/lounge and
d) you are ok with eating your breakfast from styrofoam plates.
If you are lucky, you get to watch forty or so Canadian geese fly in and land in front of your window as the sun rises.

Room Tip: I always ask to top floor, distant from elevator, vending and ice machines.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby

Reviewed December 6, 2011

We were very pleased with this hotel! We received great service and loved the quiet rooms. The location was perfect and close to everything! One of the gentlemen at the front desk (Joel) was so kind and he remembered us by name when he passed us in the hall. My family enjoyed the pool while I enjoyed the fitness facility. We would definitely stay here the next time we pass through Tulsa.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2011

If your going thru Tulsa - and don't mind heading south, this hotel is new and fresh. Much worth the drive from the Holiday Inn Central if you choose.- Morning commute may kill that as your south of Tulsa a few miles. If your able or driving thru off the turnpike, this is a good Holiday Inn choice. Once there your close to most anything you could want - Target, food choices etc. Typically this hotel has rooms $ 20.00 less than midtown - and again it's new.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2011

This is an amazing hotel! The rooms were modern and clean, and the service was great. It is in a great location and had wonderful rates. I enjoyed the gym and hot breakfast in the morning and the hot tub at night. I travel to Tulsa several times throughout the year and have stayed at multiple hotels. This one is by far the best!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Avinas N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2011

Thank you very much for staying at the Holiday Inn Express. We value your response and look forward to your next visit to Tulsa.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I actually live in tulsa and we are in the middle of moving. This holiday inn is brand new and blocks from our home. I thought this would be good for us to get some good sleep, my laundry done and some business things done in their business center while the movers packed our stuff. BEFORE I booked, I called the hotel to make sure they had a laundry. I saw online where they had a business center. So I booked. We got in at 8pm. There was a laundry, but the front desk had 5 quarters in her drawer and the wash and the dryer were 1.75 each. She called her manager in front of me and he said he would not bring quarters until the next day.. which we are checking out at 6am..not helpful. So I get in my car at 9pm to go to cvs nextdoor and beg for quarters. I get some, come back and get my laundry. I pass by the business center on the way... and guess what.. there is a big note on the door that says OUT OF ORDER. I I also asked how late the pool was open. She said 10pm, but the spa was out of order...what exactly was working at this hotel??? Pittiful service, bad management. Unacceptable

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lambishop

My sincere appologies for the issues you had with your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. We have taken the issues you had into consideration and took the necessary action steps to correct them. I hope that you give us a 2dn chance on your next visit.
Please feel free to contact me with any concerns.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Traveling often, Holiday Inn Express is one of my favored brands, as they are almost always clean, comfortable, of a certain level of room size and quality and predictable. This was one of the ones that didn't meet all of those standards. The property is new, rooms are clean and location is ok, albeit a bit back from the road. The staff was quite nice checking in. I got a suite, which turned out to be the size of a regular room at most of the other HIE properties I have been at, which usually have two rooms with a real door between them. The room was stuffed with furniture, all new and of usual HIE quality, but trying to get all of the items required of a suite in a smaller room just accentuated the smallness. The bed was incredibly hard, I got up at 5:30AM in self defense of my back. I did some checking, thinking it might be a sleep number bed turned to 10,000, but found no adjustments.

The soundproofing of the rooms is non-existent. I can tell you the details of the coversaitions next door, and when the guy 2 floors up flushed his toilet. While it is not the worst HIE I have been in, it is a poor execution of a good idea. Many of the problems have to do with the build quality of the hotel, so they will not be solvable by rearranging the furniture (although the bed could..)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, I know that certain things can't be changed but reviews help us with improvements.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The staff was "bar none." The rooms were clean, as it being a new hotel. The elevator was extremely hot - a lot of folks were complaining about the halls and elevators being "out of control." The breakfast was okay - the biscuits were very hard and the omelets were awful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tulsa
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa South-Bixby
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Southeast/Crossroads Village
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South
Hyatt Place Tulsa-South/Medical District
Best Western Plus Tulsa Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jenks

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tulsa South/Bixby? Share your experiences!