“Best Gelato and Italian Food in the State!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Piatto Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Piatto Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Fort Gibson, Oklahoma
“Best Gelato and Italian Food in the State!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

After having the best italian meal during a business meeting at Piatto's, I had to bring my wife. We have travelled to Italy several times and were delighted to find Piatto's! The exterior, while nice, does not truly reflect the delightful ristorante that you find inside. On the return visit, I ordered the arugula salad with dried beef. It was terrific! We were in Venice last month and had the same salad there and Piatto's was slightly better. For the entree, this time we tried a pizza blanca. Instead of a tomato sauce, it used a white sauce, and had sausage, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. Delicious! At my earlier visit, the waiter had almost insisted we try the caramel gelato. So glad he did! It is served in a martini glass and is so good! Take a bite, close your eyes, and you might just find yourself at a gelateria by the spanish steps. The owner came by our table both times I visited and couldn't be nicer. This restaurant is definitely worth the drive to the west side of Tulsa.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank soonerservant

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The food was not bad but didn't think it to be special. The service was slow and one of the waitresses was vacuuming around the table in front of us while we ate. Not the atmosphere I had hoped for.

• Visited July 2011
Owasso, Oklahoma
“awful pesto”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

Went for lunch. Very slow service. Had the pesto and it was like eating a dish of paste. The pasta was overcooked, the pesto was in a pasty sauce instead of traditional oil base. I would describe it as Alfredo with pesto and the alfredo tasted as though it was made with flour and water. I ate two bites and could not stomach anymore. Tried the Tiramusu, it was just OK, expected much more for home made. Prices were high for what you got. $7 for the Tiramusu. ON a positive note the service was friendly, atmosphere was good.

• Visited July 2011
Tulsa, OK
“Extensive Italian Wine List”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

Enjoyed dinner here recently. Very extensive Italian wine list. Food was OK but not special. Deck has nice view away from shopping center. Service at bar was excellent. Recommend sitting in the bar rather than in the restaurant itself.

• Visited April 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great way to end a Christmas shopping trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2010

I was alerted to this new restaurant by an Open Table email. Although we did not need a reservation the night we dined, I will be surprised if we won't need one next time.

We actually planned our last outing for Christmas shopping around this restaurant--seeking out stores close to its location.

We started with a trio of bruschetta--a traditional version (excellent), a herbed goat cheese and dried tomato version (most excellent), and an artichoke/eggplant version (our least favorite, but still good).

We had to try a pizza so my partner ordered the Piccante, featuring spicy Italian sausage (from Krebs), pepperoni, meatballs, shredded mozzarella, and tomato sauce. I had the Whole Wheat Tre Pomodori pasta (whole wheat spaghetti, chopped tomato, oven dried tomato, light tomato sauce, goat cheese, arugula, and basil). The nutty pasta arrived al dente with a fresh tomato sauce sprinkled with dried tomatoes. The sauce was topped with the arugula and basil and featured a dollop of creamy goat cheese. It was delicious (and a large portion). (This dish had a minimum of the watery pasta problem that I hate.)

Next time, we will skip the bruschetta and opt to try a salad.

This may be our new favorite Italian place (sorry, Tucci’s).