“Not great, but we would go back.”
Review of Yokozuna

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Detroit
Transit: Busses 105,100,210,&112
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was not that busy, about half full. But the service was painfully slow.

We had two people in our party, there were multiple two person tables avaliable but it took 15-20 min to be seated. We were by the window, which is great but the table wobbled and was in bad shape.

The staff were all very nice but expect nose rings, tats, piercings etc... Our server was exceptionally sweet with a beautiful face! However she has made the choice to shave off half her hair and dye the rest purple. It is a free country, she can do what she wants but an odd choice for an, "upper end" restaurant.

We highly recommend the spring rolls for an app but be careful of the dipping sauce, you never know what you will get. Ours would set a normal persons mouth on fire. The waitress said that it depended on which cook made it.

The sushi was very good but it took 45min from the time we ordered for it to get to the table. We ordered a second cocktail when it arrived. We were finished eating and had forgotten about the cocktails when they arrived.

We would have stayed and drank longer but the speed of the kitchen and bar staff made that impossible.

Overall it was not bad, we would return but not for a while.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great atmosphere and food! My favorite roll is the Hot Mess. We have been several times and the food is always good.

1  Thank pnutsdog
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Yokozuna is located in the Blue Dome Distict of Tulsa at the corner of Detroit and Boston. It's within easy walking distance of downtown area and really close to the Performing Arts Center so if you are seeing a show and want some sushi this is a good spot. This area of Tulsa appears to be very safe and I felt comfortable walking around alone even in the evening.

The positives:
>great location and easy to find
>ample seating with multiple rooms, a sushi bar and a separate bar area which you can also eat at
>nice atmosphere
>I enjoyed good service
>nice beer selection (not just standard asian beers but also some local drafts - I was even able to get a local brew IPA).
>sushi was good although nothing special. That said, it was the best rated sushi place I could find in this area and I did enjoy my meal

The cons:
>it was a bit pricey. I expect this is because of its location in a tourist area downtown. although the price for a roll was reasonable, the apps and sashimi were both a few dollars high. I had 1 app, 5piece sashimi, 1 roll, and 1 beer and it was $45 with tip. that's a bit high in my book.

Overall I was happy with my meal and I would return if I was in the area.

1  Thank thehelpfuldad
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have eaten here often, and believe it is the best sushi in town. Reservations highly recommended to avoid long wait for a table whenever there are events downtown. Have found the service always very good, and the sushi excellent. Bar service can lag a little when the place is packed, though that it not unexpected. Love the variety of rolls, and the occasional new roll. Or let your server have a roll created for you!

1  Thank Art918
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is right in the middle of it all. Food is good sushi, I like the hot buns they serve also. It's a little pricey but you do get what you pay for. Great wine list. Our bartender was slow and you could tell she thought she was very "cool" ;p but everything else made the experience great.

1  Thank BostonBabeBoston_MA

Been to Yokozuna? Share your experiences!