“Extremely nice spa - horrible management!”
Review of Spa Lux

Spa Lux
Ranked #1 of 13 Spas & Wellness in Tulsa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A full service day spa
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I would recommend this place to anyone, as long as there is a significant change in the management staff. They are extremely unprofessional in front of their customers.

6  Thank ShawnMcGraw
Kalistrat, Owner at Spa Lux, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Shawn, I regret to hear about your evaluation of our management team. As the owner of the business I take such feedback very seriously and will investigate into any particular situation that may have caused you any unpleasant experience. Since in accordance with our records your visit to SPA LUX was in 2009, I would like to ask you to contact me at your convenience at 918-615-3339 to discuss these details in order for us to prevent anything negative from happening in the future. Thank you! Taras

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I think, for all people who come to Spa Lux it becomes a local "mini-vacation" spot. It is a day spa located inside a shopping center, surrounded by restaurants and shops, but inside it is a day spa. I have been to many other alternative places around Tulsa - salons, med-spas, massage parlors, acupuncture clinics, but none of them have the same upscale, simple, modern luxury feel. If you like clean places and want to relax - this is the place. I don't really have time to spend hours at the spa, but I do need time for myself. My relaxation and little "mini-vacation" means a lot to me. I have to do it once in a while. My body needs it.

Here's what I usually do: Spa Lux offers complimentary steam-rooms, saunas and lounges with any treatment. If I have time I book an hour and a half deep tissue massage, and come there 45-30 minutes before the massage. Ten minutes in the steam-room, a cup of tea in the relaxation lounge (that's also complimentary with something like nuts, etc.), then 10-15 minutes in the sauna, and their foot bath before the massage - this all it takes for me to be completely ready to enjoy my muscles being fixed in a profound massage session. Once in a while I also add a facial and some waxing to my "vacation". Facials do relax me as well, but I value massage more. One thing I have to be critical of is that sometimes it's hard to get through to them to make a reservation. Sometimes I was unable to make a reservation on Saturday. It's OK if you are making a reservation two weeks in advance, but to spontaneous people like me it may be a little headache sometimes.

The bottom line is, if you have only a few minutes during the week to have your nails done, your eyebrow waxed, and your neck massaged, and you want it fast and cheap - Spa Lux is NOT a place for you. However, if you are not a salon person, but prefer a more peaceful environment of a real day spa, even if you are getting your eyebrows waxed, Spa Lux IS that place for you. I hope it helps!

1  Thank Cynthia M
Kalistrat, Owner at Spa Lux, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Cynthia, thank you for your review! We do recommend scheduling your services on Saturday at least a week in advance. Saturdays always get entirely booked. You can call and leave a message, or simply send us an e-mail request at info@spalux.org and we will always call you back.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

Was in town for business and had a few hours of down time and was excited that when I called they had an appointment open.
First impression was that the decor and ambiance was very nice. I selected the sea salt scrub pedicure, $55, the pedicure itself was good, not great. Seemed like the massage was less than a couple minutes per foot/leg. However, the real disappointment was the polish choices, what a sad looking collection of bottles. There were approximately 4 different brands, and not a full range of colors between them. It looked totally hodgepodge, and not to the standard that I would have expected from a nice day spa. The color choices really bothered me because now I will probably get another pedicure soon to change the color I got, because the choices were so limited. For me I feel like I wasted my money today, I don't think I will be back.

3  Thank JCardFrisco_TX
Kalistrat, Owner at Spa Lux, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and apologize if your experience was not up to your expectations. SPA LUX is a luxury day spa (not a salon) and therefore the main emphasis is made on clients experience in relaxation and various types of therapies. We have only one nail room, which focuses on foot and hand care usually as a part of longer spa packages. Only one nail technician provides pedicure and manicure services.

Unfortunately, when you visited the spa we were in the middle of transitioning to a new technician, whose job was to change the assortment of polishes offered and reorganize the room to provide the best care for our clientele.

Considering the situation we would be very happy to offer you a complimentary pedicure and manicure on your next visit to SPA LUX.

Reviewed February 15, 2012

I went a few weeks ago to try their massage, facial, and the hydro-therapy treatment. Let me just say...this was an absolutely spectacular experience and I will definitely be back. Spa Lux doesnt just have a facility that relaxes you...it has calm and tranquil ambience that actually immerses you in indulgence and luxury.

Soft music...waterfall...soothing sights and sounds that actually lift your spirits and calm them at the same time. It' like being transported to another world and then having your cares gently caressed away. I honestly could feel my stress and anxiety tangibly disappear with each moment I spent there.

If you havent tried Spa Lux, you owe it to yourself to go...No where else can you find this level of sophisticated, relaxing indulgence at any day spa in Tulsa or Oklahoma for that matter. Truly remarkable and first class!!!! You will thank yourself for trying it....

2  Thank roone a
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Spa Lux is years ahead of other spas in Tulsa. I have been to many other spas in the area, most are small, crammed in a hair salon and do not offer the amenities of Spa Lux. What sold me on Spa Lux? Its a true destination spa, not a in and out type of a place. I often hang out for 30 mins before my massage and 30 -45mins after in the wanna or steam room. The atmosphere is professional, the staff is nice and I have enjoyed 3 wonderful therapists there.

1  Thank Jim C

Been to Spa Lux? Share your experiences!