“Great hotel, great location.”

Courtyard Tulsa Downtown
Ranked #14 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“Great hotel, great location.”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Really liked this hotel. It's an old office building that has been transformed into a hotel. This hotel is blocks away from the Blue Dome District which was really enjoyable. Parking was easy and free since meters do not have to be paid on the weekend. We will definitely book again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Truerockchalk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I travel a lot, and this is one of the most interesting places I've stayed in. It's an old insurance company building, and the hotel designers were wise enough to leave many of the art deco elements in place. The most fun was getting to the floor where the room was and feeling like you're in an office building with a different person's office behind each door. Nope! It's your room! Downtown Tulsa isn't much to write home about, but this was a blast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel.... Standard Courtyard Marriott. Staff not equipped to handle any guests. They didn't have enough people on staff to service the guests. Historic property. If it weren't for the service I would stay there again...

• Stayed April 2013
ExpressGM74012, Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
I truly apologize for our lack luster service. We are have hired many new employees & are working hard to get their customer service levels up to what is expected from our Marriott Guest. We have a great track record of providing exceptional service & part of our hotels culture is to make great memorable experiences for our guests. I again apologize & assure you these employees are getting stronger every day.
Thank You for the Feedback.
GM – Tyler Lamm
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The building is centrally located in DT Tulsa which does not say much during the week since there is not that much going on in DT Tulsa. It is a cool old building remodeled, but staff is well eh. They could probably care less if you are there or not, but not rude either.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We had a fine stay this past weekend. I love downtown Tulsa with all of it's Art Deco, so I was excited to stay in the Atlas Life Building. The facade and the lobby retain their early-1900's charm, but from the moment you arrive in the Courtyard lobby on the 2nd floor, you are in a modern hotel. Our room was very stylish and up to date (and comfortable) but, other than the old time photos, you'd never know you were in a historic property. For many, that'd be a good thing, but for me, it was a disappointment.

I have stayed at the Mayo a few times and the Ambassador. My favorite was the Ambassador and now my least favorite is the Courtyard, but that's not saying much because it is still a very fine hotel - I just wish the hotel itself had retained more of the historic feel. The one, very major advantage that the Courtyard has is the price. Staying here is a fraction of the price of the other two historic hotels. The second advantage is that this hotel is more central than the other two. Bottom line, if you need to be in downtown Tulsa, this is a fine place to stay (especially if you don't have a car).

A few notes, most of which others have also commented on:
- I lived in Tulsa for about 15 years, but left the area about 10 years ago. I was amazed by how much was going on downtown on the weekend. The area was packed. This was a VERY pleasant surprise.
- Unfortunately, that ruined my expectations on parking. I assumed I could find an unused meter right in front of the hotel, and since I remembered that meters were only active during work hours M-F, it would be a much better bargain than the valet parking. The manual meters have been replaced by electronic ones, but I think it told me I didn't need to pay (I didn't and didn't get a ticket or towed), but it was hard to find an empty spot. I had to drive around the block a few times and then had to park around the corner for more of a walk than I'd expected.
- I had hoped to eat breakfast in the Atlas Grill, but the Grill opened late enough on Sunday that we missed the opportunity. We ate in the hotel "restaurant" which was pricey, but not bad. My son raved about the bacon, while my wife grimaced at the price...
- The elevators are secured - you need to use your room key to travel above the 2nd floor. Unfortunately, the west most elevator's key reader never worked for me (I often had to change elevators at the 2nd floor just to get to my room), the east most elevator mostly worked, and the center elevator always worked.

Bottom line - I recommend this hotel, but have right expectations about what you're getting.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas 2012. Most of downtown Tulsa was shutdown for the holidays so parking was easy. This hotel was very nice. We were surprised at checkin by the presentation of a gift basket (a gift from a relative; not the hotel). Our room was large with room to spread out a little bit. Our view was, unfortunately, of the building next to us. The room was very clean and well taken care of every day while we went out. The staff were all friendly and helpful, even on Christmas. Their restaurant was lightly staffed (given the holiday) so the food selection was limited but we were still grateful for breakfast every day.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a better view? :-)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This is really a cool place. I was lucky to arrive a couple of days early, so I got to see and learn a bit of the city's history.There are several sites to visit in the downtown area.The Gilcrease Museum was a really good place to visit and there is a restaurant with good food as well.Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame was cool too.So book a room a the Courtyard and visit Tulsa ,you'll be happy that you did.

• Stayed March 2013