“Poor service, poor management”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The hotel itself is well finished however the property is not very well managed.i arrived at 6.10pm, obviously there was an event being held in the hotel and there was a line of 20 people waiting to check in. The check in agent was doing her best to attend to both people checking in aswell as guests requiring other services however the underlying problem was the bad planning on the managements behalf of having only 1 employee at the desk on an already very busy midweek night.
My priority club platinum and Ambassador status is of no benefit as no one else is available to help at check in.
It's been 30 mins, I still haven't been able to be seen as I stand and write this review on my Iphone

For such a well finished hotel it has been let done by a poor management team.

• Stayed: March 2012
Scott M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

Thank for your review of the Holiday Inn & Suites. We take all of or customers comments and concerns very serious.

I would like to apologize for our establishment not meeting your expectations at checkin. I have addressed our staff members with your concerns.

We strive to give the best customer service and provide a comfortable stay for all our guest, unfortunatley we did not do that during your check in. We do know you have a choice on where you stay and would like you stay with us again and give us the opportunity to gain your business back.

Again, thank you for your review.

Scott Meyer

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights while my daughter was being treated at the Cancer Center. My room had two queen beds and was large, clean and very comfortable. Beds were also very comfy although a bit high. Choice of hard or soft pillows were a nice touch. Bathroom towels also nice and soft. Staff seemed friendly and O.K. but not always knowledgeable about area.. Some were more customer oriented than others. Restaurant and bar on premises looked nice but I did not use them..Coffee offered outside restaurant area in morning was good if you were early enough to get some. It was my experience once it ran out it was not refilled. Hotel has good highway access and near major attractions and about 20 minutes from airport. I would stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Good location, low noise, and often priced correctly. This hotel could have quite a bit going for it. Overall, I just can't get past how often I've stayed there hoping I ran across a one time issue that would be fixed next stay. Seems the overall polish isn't there, staff isn't always guest centered. I just struggle to get excited to go back as overall, and in this area, other hotels have staff better trained, more polish and a better overall stay. Perhaps they have turned things around.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I stayed here for two nights while in town on business. This hotel is a great deal for the money. The property is only about a year old so it is in excellent condition. There are several pretty good placed to eat nearby (Cheesecake Factory, Outback, etc.) The staff is friendly and polite. My room was large, clean, quiet, and comfortable. They recognized my Priority Club status upon check-in and I was offered free breakfast along with a room upgrade. The wifi in the room worked perfectly. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Tulsa.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jerseyguy405
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice clean room and good location near lots of dining, highway access, etc. Would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Newer hotel so it was nice. Pretty typical stay-kids had a great time in the pool. Nice area with lots of places to eat. Will be back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank steveday21
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Wife and I stayed here July 18. Nice, new,clean and well-maintained Holiday Inn. Hotel restaurant was nice, and menu options and prices were acceptable. Located in a very nice, mostly residential area of South Tulsa. All in all, a very nice hotel, and prices for rooms (had a suite) are very reasonable, although I used reward points for this stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family