“We like it!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Yukon, Oklahoma
“We like it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We wanted to get away for the weekend so we booked a room on hot wire. Also we knew it was going to be the Holiday Inn this time, because we had booked it through hotwire before. Cara and I went last year but we brought my daughter this time we really enjoyed it last time we stayed. The rooms and pretty nice, the beds are very comfortable and clean, some hotel beds smell funny but not these. The toilet paper sucks as always, and our room was really close to the elevator but I didn't hear it at all. The next morning we all went to the pool, my daughter and I swam and the pool area was kind of run down. The stairs in the pool were in need of a good scrubbing and the hot tub was not that hot and the bubble jets didn't work and the dirty towel bin was over flowing like it had not been emptied in few weeks. We had the breakfast buffet and I think it was a little overpriced for what it was. But overall its a nice place for the price.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I recently returned to Tulsa to visit old friends. I knew I wanted to stay downtown but wasn't sure where to book. I am very glad I decided on the Downtown Holiday Inn. The staff was attentive, friendly and helpful. I felt right at home. My room was tidy and well-appointed...and I loved my view! The shuttle service was a welcomed amenity as I did not want to bother with a car. Over all, a delightful experience. When I visit this summer, I will most definitely stay here again. Thanks for the great stay. p.s. I very much enjoyed my comfy bed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank stlhealth
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

What a great hotel! I travel a lot for business and I haven't had much luck with other hotels in this area. I decided to try this one and am so thankful I did. The staff was very nice and accommodating, and my room was very clean. I will definitely be staying here in the future!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank KMoney29
Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My expensive shampoo and conditioner was missing from the room when I returned. I have wanted to try a new shampoo and conditioner, but it is every expensive. I finally found travel sized bottles of the product that were on sale so I thought my trip to Tulsa would be a could chance to try it. I only used the shampoo and conditioner once and left them both in the shower when I left the room. Fifteen dollars may not seem like much, but for travel sized products it is expensive. I thought it was strange that the cleaning person had left several bottles of the hotel shampoo and conditioner when I returned, then I discovered my stuff was gone. I won't stay again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
nmbowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hello Betty Y,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I am so sorry that you had such an unpleasant experience at our property. From your comments, it sounds like you might not have reported it to our team. If you would like to call us, we would be more than happy to check our lost and found for your items. Again, I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay and I hope that you will give us a second chance if you ever return to the area. Thank you again for your comments!
Bentonville, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The staff was rude, the rooms were dirty and smelled of mold, the food in the dining room was cold at breakfast and the bed linens smelled weird! We will never stay at this hotel again! Ever! Don't waste your money on this pitiful building. I felt like I should Lysol the room down before I used or touched anything. It was that bad!

Stayed December 2013
nmbowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. Our goal is always to provide each of our guests with a wonderful experience, so I apologize that we did not live up to those expectations. I have addressed your concerns with all of our staff and I can assure you that they will be used to improve our services. Thank you again for providing your comments and I hope you will stay with us again, so that we can get it right!
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Was given a room with a door connecting the adjacent room. I could hear people coming in and out of that room and someone opening the connecting door. There was also sound like sawing wood from that room. I felt very insecure and didn't sleep well during my stay. The heater was also making lots of noise that I decided to off it in the night. Many breakfast places nearby but they were all closed during weekends :(

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the main road. Views are better with churches as a backdrop
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the Route 66 marathon this past weekend. I flew into Tulsa and there's a free shuttle to the hotel from the airport (always a plus), just make sure to call to make sure it's there or when it's coming.

Had a king sized bed which worked out well for me, but I wish the pillows were bigger- they seemed too small for me.

Didn't go into the pool, but the workout facility is decent enough. A few treadmills and bikes with some weights as well. Good if you want to get a workout in.

Downside is I noticed a crack in the closed door that looked like it had been there awhile. When I was getting ready to leave, I booked the 12:30 Shuttle the day before, but when I went to wait, I was told the next one wasn't until 1 and that there was no 12:30 shuttle and the 1 pm shuttle ended up being late and they needed to have someone take the back up van with us to the airport. I understand waiting at the airport but when people are waiting for a ride to the airport, I say take that into consideration.

Staff was wonderful though and it provided a decent night's stay

Stayed November 2013
nmbowman, General Manager at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you made use of our shuttle which, as you experienced, can be very handy to our out-of-town guests! However, I do understand that the timing of the shuttles was inconvenient and I apologize that we were unavailable to take you back to the airport at the time you had arranged.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with these very valuable comments and I hope that you enjoyed your (very cold!) marathon in historic Downtown Tulsa!