“I will not stay here again...”

Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center
Ranked #34 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Oklahoma City
“I will not stay here again...”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Huge block of Volleyball players, several of us had "issues" with the hotel be it one thing or another. We booked King Executive Suite and paid 20.00 more than the Volleyball rate but when we got to the room (for 2 adults and 2 children) there was a king bed and a chair. No King bed, sleeper sofa and kitchen.

They did find me a double queen room, gave us free breakfast (I'm glad it was free because I would have never paid 11.00 a person for it - service was horrible) and free parking (however the parking lot was full so we had to park on the street)

Next time we will be at the Double Tree or the Embassy Suites!

Room Tip: Make sure you print your reservation and take it with you, especially if you booked via anywhere oth...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
KimAlsobrooks, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Hello,

I apologize for any inconvenience you had while our guest. We take great pride in our hotel and service to all of our valued guests. I truly hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

Kim Alsobrooks
Direcor of Sales.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Tulsa
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The hotel was well kept, clean, rooms clean and comfortable. The staff was professional and handled all situations 24hr's a day, very well and professional. Pool was very nice and relaxing. Restaurant is nice, relaxing, trouble with late night food. We had half a floor and I never heard one complaint. Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time with excellent service from this hotel. Transportation if needed. Easy to get to excellent restaurants and theaters.

Hello,

Thank you for your kind feedback. Our entire team is please that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to serving your hotel needs again in the near future.

Kim Alsobrooks
Director of Sales
Tulsa
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My husband and I live in the Tulsa area and wanted a romantic getaway for our 10th anniversary. This hotel was a GREAT escape! The hotel staff was great- everyone was very friendly. We didn't check in until around 8pm, so I was worried that they'd give me a hard time about checking in "late", but nothing was said at all except for welcoming us to the hotel! Our room was immaculate and the view was beautiful! The bed was more comfortable than any bed I've ever slept in. I know this sounds cheesy, but really, when I got into bed, there was not a moment of discomfort! I slept so comfortably that I wished I could take the bed home with me! Haha!

Overall, our anniversary was wonderful- in BIG part to the great stay at this hotel! Thank you Holiday Inn staff!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BoniLady
DENVER
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Hey Kayla, just want to let you know that my stay at the Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center was very enjoyable. I would like to let you know that your staff members were outstanding, especially Gunner who greeted me with respect and thanked me for my service to our country. I greatly appreciated to be recognized as a veteran. I said him that I travel all the time with my grandson and that we make it a point to greet every military person in uniform and thank them for their service. My grandson is wrestler and he asked me " Pompo why do we thank all the soldiers we see"? I said we do it because no one thanked me. Another staff member was Mario, he was on his break and introduced himself to me and we had a great conversation, Mario said he was thankful to have a job, he went out of his way to make my stay very comfortable. I will never forget Mario a very humble man. I am glad he passed through my life. Please thank Mario and Gunner for me. Sincerely Richard C. Sandoval

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Pontiac, Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2012

After driving from Vegas we arrived at the hotel. We could see somebody cleaning the lobby floor. My wife and I got out of the rental car leaving our kids ages 12, 14 and 18 in the car. It was 3:30AM. We entered through the first set of sliding glass entry doors. We could not continue beyond that point without being let in by the front desk clerk. We rang the bell and the clerk responded by letting us in. The clerk opened the conversation with us by stating the following in a very sarcastic tone of voice "WHO ARE YOU?" We thought this was the strangest greeting anybody would receive from somebody in that position. I then stated "We are here to check in." She then displayed a look of shock on her face after discovering that we were paying guests. She asked us our names and directed her attention to her computer system. After looking up the reservation, she then stated that we were very late and the booking was closed out. This is code for "we have your money and it is non-refundable". She then ridiculed us about the consequences for being late. She then directed her attention to her computer and discovered that there was no chance for us to continue with the check-in process. We proceeded back to the car. I then thought "why not try the hotel manager?" I walked back inside and asked to see the manager. The clerk again with great sarcasm stated "You got me and the bellman". What happened next was truly confusing and infuriating. I asked the clerk how much rooms were without discounting. She stated "$75 per night". She then stated that she could book us for that rate. Am I missing something? The reservation was cancelled and now she recommends booking another room at the non-discounted rate? Wait a minute!! I was born at night but not last night!!! I quickly gathered my wife and kids and departed the hotel and the city in seek of another more affordable hotel. We ended up driving another 100 miles in dense fog to find a more affordable room which was very poor. After arriving at this flea-bag hotel at 6:00AM, I quickly got on the phone to the original hotels HQ and complained. The shift supervisor stated that the room should have been held for my arrival. After she investigated she then told me the clerk was technically correct for denying me the room. After a discussion with the hotels general manager, I received what I was looking for; an honest apology. Now I will be seeking an offer from the hotel chain that I could not possibly refuse. We will see what the offer is. Stay tuned!!!

Mark from Pontiac, MI

Room Tip: If you have problems with a hotel worker., stand your ground. Get the situation resolved before leav...
2 Thank Mark F
KimAlsobrooks, Manager at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Hello Mark,

I apologize that we didn't meet your expectations and assure you that we take great pride in our service and product. We are proud of our associates and the high level of service we provide. Our service scores are among the highest in Tulsa, so again I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations.

I will continue to try and reach out to you for resolution and we will use this unfortunate incident as a learning and training tool in our hotel.

Ken Morgan
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel was good enough but not exceptional. It seemed generic I guess is the best term to use. The hotel staff was good but not great, the room was clean and well equipped but nothing notable. The restaurant was good enough but not among my top 10 or anything.

It is very centrally located downtown if you have business in that area and I must say that the bed was first rate, very comfortable. I would stay here again but I think you might find something nicer for the same price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Phantom0316,

Thank you for staying with us. Your feed back is very important to us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We do not think of ourselves as "basic" or average, as we strive to be the best. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare
Oklahoma City
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This week I held a business event for over 100 people at this hotel and want everyone to know that the accomodations were top of the line. The Boulder Grill was exceptional with the option of a small plate or regular size meals. The home made Tater Tots are a must to try, along with the Shrimp and Grits, and the Thai Salad is a destination meal - worth driving there just for the food. Our event was one of the most smoothest running events I have ever put on and it was due to the eye to detail that the staff gave us. They were so friendly and Johhny on the spot with every one of our needs....and most of the staff was one step ahead of me most of the day. I will certainly use this venue again for future meetings and events.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business