“Pretty good downtown hotel”

Holiday Inn Tulsa City Center
Ranked #34 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Pretty good downtown hotel”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stayed here for 5,000 points on a priority club points break stay, which is a steal if you have the points in your account. We didn't explore the area around the hotel too much, but you are right on the edge of the city center. Parking in the garage in $7 a night, but we just parked on the street right next to the hotel since the meters are off on the weekend. The lobby is modern but simple, and service was prompt and friendly. No mini fridge or microwave in the room, can't remember if that was listed in the room description or not. We were on the 9th floor facing south, and the view was decent, but nothing amazing, mainly due to several parking lots that are adjacent to the hotel, but you can see some nice old churches. Pool and hottub are on the second floor with a glass ceiling next to a small outdoor patio area, and open til 11pm. Hottub was great but the pool felt pretty chilly. Overall a solid stay, the hotel feels a little more modern and unique than your average holiday inn, and a great value for us, but I might have been disappointed if we had to pay full price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Owatonna, Minnesota
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We stayed here for 5 nights while in town for the Chili Bowl. I was a little nervous because the hotel is located downtown. But we were in for a big surprise. This is a great hotel. It has undergone major renovations and the new beds were awesome. We have a sleep number bed at home and this bed was as good or better. The staff is friendly, courteous and very attentive. They have a wonderful little resturant and bar on site. You have to stop in and have a meal or drink. Great bartenders and wait staff. We talked to a lot of people who also stayed there during the same week and we all agreed that this is our new hotel of choice when we visit Tulsa!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Pineville, Missouri
Reviewed November 27, 2010

We stayed on Thanksgiving night and as luck would have it our floor was the party floor. Before the hockey game we could hear lots of talking with half open doors showing lots of mixers stacked up . Coming back from the game, our floor was quiet, but at 11:30 the party was on. I waited an hour before calling the front desk and I have to admit they did come up and round them all up and send them back downstairs. ( We have stayed in hotels where we got no response at all so we tried to outwait them) The rooms were nice clean, staff was friendly and helpful and we were close enough to all the downtown activities. I should have called the front desk immediately, my fault.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Murphy, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I traveled with my 25 yr old daughter and both of us could not believe how comfortable the beds were at this hotel! I wanted to take it home with me. Absolutely wonderful! Lovely hotel. Nice staff. Was very pleased.

• Stayed October 2010
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed two nights in this dump.This is not a new hotel,it was built in 1967.They have tried to update it but it is still old. Our room was not very clean and it smelled.You can see where they have done a lot of caulking and painting over the years,so they should not claim that it is new.So for what you get you should be paying a Motel6 rate for that is what your getting in this joint. FYI my wife and I are world travelers and we have stayed in one to five star hotels world wide.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hlavender
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2010

I booked this room through Hotwire ($49) which was $50 off the best rate I could get otherwise. the hotel is new, really clean, well appointed, and comfortable. Everything was comfortable in the room. If I go back to Tulsa, I would stay in this same hotel again. It has a semi-boutique quality. Just be sure the alarm clock is working and set to the right time (Mine was not and I could have missed a flight--luckily my body clock woke me up in time).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
houston, texas
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We found a internet deal for great price for KING suit-- 2 rooms 2 bathrooms, 2 frig/microwaves. HUGE ROOMS! Lots of lamps for light, draw space.
There was a couch bed in one room and had nice club chairs-- seating for 6-
The whole hotel recently renovated-- very clean and modern-Nice details on sheet qualitiy and complimentary bath products-This was great for 5 of us but also would be great if additional roll away was need-- plenty of room-- crib is no charge-- Also shuttle will pick up and drive you back to airport--
Several glitches that came up as we arrived were quickly handled by staff and we were given complimentary shuttle to pool that was being renovated and complimentary breakfast because of other mishaps--BUT Everyone was so friendly and helpful--
Breakfast at restaurant was great-- Bar at happy hour had 1/2 munchies-- but Oklahoma State law prohibits children from patio at bar--You have to set inside.
Public area very clean.