All reviews rooftop bar the penthouse full kitchen beautiful hotel room restaurant living room ceiling fan valet parking art deco walk in shower rooms are huge bok center room service pleasure of staying beautiful lobby valet service historic building
Selected filters
Reviewed December 21, 2018

I had heard very good things about the Mayo from colleagues and was keen to try something outside the usual Marriott / Starwood options in Tulsa. And true, first impressions really are spectacular. The hotel lobby and reception area is genuinely grand, reflecting the 1920’s Tulsa oil boom. Staff are dressed in smart black outfits and look the part.

Check in was perfectly fine - I was quickly on my way up to the room. Since I made my reservation through a discount website, I had no expectation of any kind of room upgrade.

My room was nice; large room with a bar/coffee area at the entrance, large bathroom with separate walk-in shower. The room had a large TV and generous closet hanging space. Linens were top quality, cool white cotton sheets. Amenities included bottled water and Keurig-type coffee pods replaced each day. The room décor was a thoughtful combination of classic 1920’s historic era with contemporary cool. The fit out is getting slightly long in the tooth, but overall very nice.

Dinner at the ‘Boiler Room’ was good. Standard menu of burgers, steaks and soup etc. Lovely attentive service.

So far so good, but… The wifi was dreadful – a very weak signal, and while they tried to help, there was really nothing which could be done. My room appeared to be in a dead spot. Since I was traveling on business, this was a big deal for me, although perhaps not for other travelers.

The other annoying thing was the lack of conveniently placed outlets either at the desk or near the bed for laptop and phone.

On check out, I was erroneously charged for parking. The front desk attendant told me they did not have permission to remove a charge from my bill; that it would have to be done by ‘accounting’ later that morning. It’s absurd for any hotel not to have someone who can amend bills working check out.

Overall a lovely hotel which is why the miss on some basic things is such a shame.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank mmppwwzz
Reviewed December 15, 2018 via mobile

The accommodations were phenomenal due to an upgrade given to me by the staff at the front desk for a return visit! Well worth the money just wish I could’ve stayed longer! Trip advisor wants me to say more but I’ve told you my opinion. Without any bs.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank K6016ZNmichaelf
Reviewed December 6, 2018 via mobile

I’ll start with the positives and say that it was a very classy, clean hotel. However, the in-hotel restaurant was very good but priced like a great one and the service was below average. Hope you get a room on the correct side of the building because an industrial trash pickup came by at 1:15 in the morning and woke our room up multiple floors up. It was deafening and the front desk “wasn’t aware of the noise.” The shower, while being very nice eventually, is hands down the most confusing shower I’ve ever been in. The hotel should include instructions or something, not exaggerating. Overall it was a decent stay made poor due to city work - would probably be 4 stars. I understand the hotel can’t control that but their response to our complaint was less than ideal and it was, unfortunately, a part of the experience of staying. Find a different hotel for a better price.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation and when I received the confirmation it was wrong. I attempted to call the hotel to correct the issue and the front desk said that since the rate is the same and they have availability they should be able to change it but she couldn’t do it. She’d transfer me and the other department would fix it. Well they didn’t asnwer so I left a voicemail. I ended up calling back 11 times over 10 days and sending four emails and once I was able to make the change they then charged me almost double the rate. So I said well can I cancel? No. This answer would of been okay ten days ago if someone would of responded. I can tell you I’m diasapointed in the service and am not looking forward to staying here.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Lukas V, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Dear Amanda L,

Would you please reach out to me at lukas@themayohotel.com, or 918-896-8421? I would love to look at your reservation immediately and ensure everything gets corrected to your satisfaction. I am so sorry it has taken us so long to get back with you. We always try to be prompt and available for our guests. I will certainly try to investigate and fix the disconnect that seemed to have happened here

I look forward to speaking with you.

Warmest Regards,

Lukas Vodicka

Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

We have stayed here in the past, in a connector suite, so we booked the same kind of room for this stay. Tulsa seems to be having an issue with sulfur gas odors, apparently from a nearby refinery (so our Uber driver said, because we encountered it in several places throughout the city), and we woke up at 5:30 AM this morning, with extremely strong smelling gas in our room. It just seemed to be in little pockets in the room and the hallway. We were going to check out, but the lovely staff member at the front desk bent over backwards to find us another room as an alternative. She had a valet go check other floors and rooms and ended up upgrading us to another suite. (Would like to let the manager know how great she was)- She was respectful and humble and we are settled in, with no smell. The hotel staff was exceedingly kind and understanding, and the random sulfur smell had nothing to do with their facilities, so we are very grateful for their efforts to make our stay wonderful. Negative reviews I have seen here are entirely one-off experiences and do not speak for this hotel as a whole. We are picky customers and this place has and does meet and exceed all expectations. Highly recommend this beautiful, historic jewel, for the beautiful rooms and outstanding staff.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 519caseym
Lukas V, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2018

Dear 519caseym,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad we managed to impress you.

Your experience makes me feel very proud of our staff. We always try our best to take care of our guests, and recognition such as yours is the greatest "thank you" we can ever receive.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me anytime if you are ever in the area again.

Warmest Regards,