“Everything is top notch here.”
Review of The Mayo Hotel

The Mayo Hotel
Ranked #17 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Fitchburg, WI
“Everything is top notch here.”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

My husband and I spent two nights here and our only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. It is a beautiful hotel. We were upgraded to a suite that was huge. I think I could live in it! We also ate at the Trula Restaurant onsite. The food is delicious and so reasonably priced. I had Ahi tuna for dinner and I think it was only $18. The breakfast we had was also wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel if you find yourself in downtown Tulsa.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MontanaDakota
Lukas V, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear MontanaDakota,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience. It is an honor to get a compliment from a seasoned traveler like you, and I am always pleased to read that we did our job well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you are in the area again. I would love to make sure that your future stay goes at least as well as the previous one.

Warmest Regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Our room was enormous- I'm sure larger than my first apartment and had every amenity you could imagine.

The kids (7 and 9) really enjoyed the walk in multi jet shower.

The location is just a stone's throw away from the library where we visited for story time. Excellent restaurants are just steps away from the front door. The doorman held an umbrella for me as I went to my car in the rain. Such service!!

But, the very best thing... While checking out I overheard another guest making preparations for a special visit. The hotel will sprinkle your room and bed with rose petals (artificial since real ones damage linens and carpets) and light the room with candles. Wow!

Historic, charming, and comfortable all in the lovely Tulsa. A must visit!

Room Tip: You can not go wrong!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank NatalieTanner
Dear NatalieTanner,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us all here on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read about your positive experience. We always try our best to exceed everyone's expectations, and kind words like yours encourage our whole team.

The size of our rooms is one of our biggest assests and yes they are more like apartments than hotel rooms.
And lastly, the conversation you overheard defines our philosophy. First-class service is our number one priority and foundation for everything else.

It was a pleasure serving you and I hope to welcome you at the Mayo again.

Ramona, California
Reviewed April 14, 2014

So I have travelled to many places in the world and in our country, stayed in cheap hotels and high end hotels but never have I been in a historic hotel that came with such beautiful rooms and staff that deserve more than the available 5 stars. Free local shuttle service and to and from the airport.
I can only say that the rooms are amazing! This hotel is close to downtown restaurants and night time fun.

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite with king size bed. Was in the corner of building so had great views. Living roo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Thetraveller14fun
Lee's Summit, Missouri
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We recently spent two nights at the Mayo. It was our first visit to Tulsa, a reunion with friends we had not spent time with for 25 years.

Our rooms were spacious, very clean, and well decorated and appointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel lobby is a very large, elegant, and impressive space; though the furnishings could be more comfortable.

We had a very good dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant, Trulo. The hotel bar is adequate, though very small and loud when full. An adjacent coffee shop is excellent.

I am rating the hotel excellent, even with my small concerns about the lobby and bar because it's other strengths are so great that rating it 4 would be a serious under-rating.

We found Tulsa to be a great place to visit for a few days. We decided to visit because of the city's outstanding collection of Art Deco buildings. They did not disappoint. We also enjoyed the Woody Guthrie a Museum, an outstanding interactive museum. We enjoyed the city's offering of good restaurants as well. Probably most impressive was the friendliness and helpfulness of everyone we met. It was way beyond our expectations.

Room Tip: Ask fora corner room. They are much larger and have additional furniture.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Fred G
Dear Fred G,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Tulsa, and that we could be part of your positive experience. Tulsa indeed has many things to offer, and I am very happy that you ventured out and experienced so many of them.

Thank you for acknowledging the greatness of our building and I truly hope that we will see you again.

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This beautiful art deco hotel was everything we had hoped! Wonderful door staff and reception staff. We were given a complimentary upgrade and so had a lovely suite with small kitchen and separate sitting room. Very clean and modern. The only negative was that the downstairs bar didn't seem to have adequate staff for the guests AND the evening visitors. Highly recommended and I think the very best hotel in Tulsa!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Emmalulu1968
Dear Emmalulu1968,

I am thrilled to know that we managed to fulfill your expectations. Everyone here at The Mayo always strives to be the best, and validations such as yours motivate us to keep it up and improve every day.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and if England gets too rainy and cold- come see us again:)

Yours,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stay at the Mayo several times a month and will say that the staff and amenities get 5 stars. The valet service makes you feel welcome and special, the front desk staff (Kaylee, Nichole) are amazing. The rooms are high class and comfortable.
I would "and do" recommend this hotel to everyone that comes to Tulsa.
Thanks for making me feel at home when I am away from home.
TD

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms are furnished with kitchens.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank T D
Dear TD,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. It is truly great to hear that you enjoy our hotel so much, and we will continue to do our best to impress you in the future.

I look forward to seeing you again,

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had an excellent stay at the Mayo. Despite what I've read in other reviews, I thought the hotel staff was exceptional. From the sweet woman who checked us in, all the way to the helpful valet, everyone was more than willing to help myself and my husband with anything we needed. The lobby is gorgeous, the rooms are spotless, and the wifi works awesome! The hotel is located right in the heart of downtown Tulsa so there are tons of restaurants, bars, shops, and just cool buildings within walking distance. I had a great time staying here and totally recommend it.

Best part of our stay: Definitely the wonderful staff. Kaleigh at the front desk was incredible.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet and seem bigger
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shannon K
Case T, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Shannon,
Your incredibly kind words where such an honor for our entire staff to read. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that our team wowed you during your stay; that is what we strive for with all of our guests. It’s amazing to watch people’s faces brighten as they enter the Grand Hall for their first time. There’s truly nothing else like The Mayo in all of Tulsa. As you mentioned, downtown is really becoming a hot spot once again. Guests have many choices of places to shop, dine, or grab a drink. We offer a fantastic restaurant to anyone that would like to try its exceptional food, and our rooftop bar has an incredible view of Tulsa to take in while having a drink. If our guests do decide that they would like to venture out we offer complimentary shuttle service in our Cadillac Escalade to anywhere within four miles of the hotel or to the airport. Kaleigh is truly an asset to us, and I love to see a guest take the time to praise her for all she does. I truly appreciate you for recommending us, and on behalf of the entire Mayo staff, Thank You.