“Early 1900's appeal”
Review of The Mayo Hotel

The Mayo Hotel
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Me, a friend, and 4 kids stayed in the two bed room suite with a living rm and full kitchen for a night. It was less than $500 (reasonable) and even though antique ish on the outside, its modern in the rooms! 3 large flat screen tvs, two bathrooms....no tub though, only showers (disappointment there). The staff gave the kids a tour of their ballroom on the top floor. They loved it and their imaginations went wild. I know the kids weren't very quiet , but staff never complained. Facility is non smoking. The only reason I didn't give its value a five, is because breakfast was nasty!!!! Cold, gross, and over priced! Condiments were cute, but that's it. Service was over all great though. Beds super comfy! Really hated to check out! Could of easily stayed a week there!;)

• Stayed: June 2013
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

I would like to thank all of you for choosing to stay with us at The Mayo Hotel. It was very important to our owners to find a balance when renovating The Mayo. This balance was achieved by restoring the exterior of the building, the lobby and the Crystal Ballroom to the original glamour of the 1920s while updating the rooms with a modern style and amenities to match.

You are correct that our standard rooms do not have bath tubs. However, for guests who would like a bath tub during their stay we do offer garden tubs in our Executive Suites. Future guests can upgrade from a standard room to an Executive Suite for a minimal fee.

I am very disappointed to hear about your experience in our restaurant. I want to let you know that I have spoken with our Executive Head Chef as well as our Restaurant Manager about your experience. If you find the time I would appreciate you calling me personally to provide me with more details about your experience.

Our staff is more than happy to give any of our guests a tour of the building and a lesson over the history of the hotel. This is an experience that no other hotel in Tulsa can match. I am glad to know that the kids enjoyed seeing the hotel!

Thank you again for choosing the Mayo Hotel and providing feedback from your visit. I hope that next time you do stay for an entire week!

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room at the mayo and ended up getting a large suite with a true living room and a full kitchen. The separate bedroom was really nice and had no windows so was completely dark at night which was also great. They even shuttle you back and forth to the airport for free in an escalade. Great hotel and great service - plus a very cool lobby and rooftop.

• Stayed: June 2013
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing to book here at The Mayo Hotel. We have 102 hotel rooms and 48 of those rooms are suites, that being said, on a sold-out night there is always a chance you may get a free upgrade to a Mayo Suite.

The shuttle is a great amenity for our guests to utilize. It will take guests to and from the Tulsa International Airport free of charge as well as anywhere within a 4-mile radius of the hotel. In order to guarantee availability, guests should reserve the shuttle in advance.

Our Penthouse Bar is unmatched by any other venue in Tulsa. It sits 20-stories atop the Mayo and is a great place to watch a sunset or enjoy a drink under the stars. It is opened Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from 5 p.m. until close. We are excited to announce that we now serve food at The Penthouse so it makes a great place to enjoy a small plate during happy hour or a late night snack after dinner. We hope you come check it out during your next visit!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We pulled up to the front of the hotel just as it started to hail and storm like crazy, yet the guys at the front door came running with umbrellas and assistance like it was nothing. $20 for valet parking (in an indoor lot) was totally worth it.

Our room was amazing! Huge (bigger than some apartments I've had), spotless, just steps from the BOK Center, and only about $150 for the night? Sign me up every time I need a room in Tulsa!

The restaurant off the lobby was nice. We were there the night of a big concert at BOK Center, so they were doing a limited menu.

Room Tip: We were in room 803, and our room's bedroom was not on an outer wall of the building (leaving no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for noticing the effort put forth by our valet service. We have a great group of people that understands that they are the face of the hotel; they are the first face a guest will see when they arrive and the last face they see when they depart. I am delighted to hear that they achieved this even considering the dire circumstances during your arrival.

A dinner in our restaurant, Trula, and a night in one of our suites is a great way to spend the evening especially on a concert night. In a Mayo Suite, you even begin to feel like a rock star. We would love to have you here with us again no matter the occasion. Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your next visit. Thanks again for choosing Tulsa's historic Mayo Hotel.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I attended a friend's wedding held at the Mayo and also stayed there. The decor was beautiful, the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. Also very close to points of interest. Highly recommended.
One caveat- there is no pool which is why the Pool rating below is terrible-not actually terrible. Just non existent.

Room Tip: Higher floors are closer to the beautiful roof top bar and lounge.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words. I hope that you enjoyed the wedding and your visit to Tulsa. I am glad that you chose stay at The Mayo while you were in town as well.

We greatly appreciate you recognizing our food and service at the wedding. Our Executive Head Chef, Jeff Meldrum, and our Banquet Sales Manager, Michael Bennett, are two of the best at what they do in all of Tulsa. They take a great deal of pride in providing great food and great service.

The Mayo is located in the middle of Downtown Tulsa and our location only gets better as the resurrection of Downtown continues. I hope that we see you again the next time you are town!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our room was not ready when we arrived at The Mayo for wedding Saturday at noon. We went back and forth for a while with the guy at the front desk. Once he figured out how angry we were that were weren't going to get our room before the wedding at 2:00 he upgraded us to a suite and made everything better! The suite is absolutely gorgeous and comfortable! The rooftop deck is pretty cool too. Well done staff at The Mayo!!! You understand the value and importance of good customer service. Way to stay calm, cool, and collected.

• Stayed: June 2013
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for visiting The Mayo Hotel this past weekend. I am very happy to hear that we were able to get you in before the wedding started.

I would like to let you and future guests know that we do our very best to accommodate our guests according to their needs during their visit, however, we can’t always guarantee that a room will be available before 2 p.m. The Mayo has 102 hotel rooms and offers a 12 p.m. check-out. If we are sold-out the night before we have to make sure that we have time to adequately clean these rooms so that they are perfect when you check-in. We do understand customer service and value it greatly but we also want to make sure that we are providing guests with a product that they should come to expect when staying at The Mayo.

If future guests need to check-in early, we do offer a 2 p.m. early check-in. If you need to check-in before that we invite you to call our reservation specialist, Sean Conner, and ask about the earliest available check-in time on the date of your arrival (There is often a minimal early check-in fee associated with arrivals that occur before 2 p.m.)

Thanks again for staying at The Mayo over the weekend. I hope that you all enjoyed the wedding and your visit to Tulsa. We understand that you are an experienced traveler and value your praises greatly!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

900+ sq ft suite with a kitchen for $165?? Yes, $165.

Huge suite, king size bed, walk in shower could easily fit 4 people.

Clean, modern design, gorgeous lobby, great bar, great staff, right in downtown Tulsa.

This one gets my highest rating.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking notice of one of our spacious suites. It truly is a one of a kind accommodation in the Tulsa area. You are also right in that it can easily accommodate 4 people so long as someone is okay with spending the night on the pull-out sofa. These suites also make for a great extended-stay accommodation. We appreciate all of your compliments and look forward to seeing you back at The Mayo soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

So, I had this idea of proposing to my girlfriend on the roof top of the Mayo. The only catch was that I was hoping to propose on Tuesday evening at sunset and the rooftop is normally only open on the weekends.

With just one call to the Mayo about my idea everything was set and ready to go. I was directed to the manager, who let me know they would accommodate for any night of the week and if I needed champagne or anything else to make the night special to just call him directly. I was also working to keep this a surprise and everyone at the Mayo was on board and worked with me on all the logistics.

Without boring you with the proposal details (she did say yes), let me just say I could not have been more impressed with the Mayo's service and beautiful hotel. They were tremendous and made it true evening to remember.

We are planning to stay there our wedding night and I fully plan to give the Mayo my business for any special occasions. Top-grade hotel with wonderful history and a breathtaking lobby.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Justin J

Thank you so much for considering The Mayo for such a momentous occasion in your life. The Mayo remains a special place for many past guests and locals alike. We hope to continue the Tulsa tradition of making memories at The Mayo and this is exactly the sort of thing that can accomplish this mission.

We understand that there are times when the element of surprise makes or breaks an occasion. Trust us, we can keep a secret. We do our best to take on any sort of request no matter what it may be. If possible, we will make it happen.

Congrats to the both of you and again thanks for including us in this special occasion. We look forward to the two of you making many more Mayo memories in the future!