“FABULOUS!”

Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Overland Park, Kansas
“FABULOUS!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I had an absolutely perfect experience at The Mayo. From the moment we pulled up and the valet's helped with our luggage, the front desk, and then the room. The room was a great set up and we loved the bathroom and huge tub. My favorite thing--THE SHEETS! Omy, If I had a bed like that at The Mayo...I would never make it anywhere on time in the morning. Also, their food was delicous and although I am not a coffee drinker, my husband and family LOVE the coffee at their coffee shop! I can't wait to experience another weekend at the historic Mayo Hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Case T, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so much for choosing the Mayo Hotel while visiting Tulsa. You are one of many guests that have fallen in love with our bedding, and I know you won’t be the last. I’d challenge anyone to find softer or more comfortable bedding anywhere else in Tulsa. Topeca Coffee is a locally owned company, and the first seed-to-cup coffee shop in the country. Both our guests and staff love it, and we urge anyone looking for a great cup of joe to try their freshly brewed coffee any day of the week. We can’t wait to have you back and look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Thank you to the wonderful Mayo Hotel and it's employees for making our mother/daughter trip so delightful. If you haven't seen the hotel in person you need to check it out. It is stunning similar to the Skirvin Hotel in OKC or The Jouelle in Dallas,TX. We were treated by the staff with kindness and Brice at the front desk went out of his way to help us. The valet was patient as we unloaded and each time we came back to the hotel. When is the last time you wanted to tip because of excellent service? This hotel is like no other in Tulsa. I have stayed at another downtown hotel that starts with an A and there is no comparison. Did I mention we also got a great rate? Please pass the Mayo!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire Mayo Staff, I’d like to personally thank you and your daughter for staying with us. The Mayo is full of history and we strive to continue the long tradition of excellence and service that our guests have come to expect. It took a long time to bring The Mayo back to her former glory, and I completely agree that everyone needs to experience it. We invite everyone to stop in to enjoy such an important aspect of Tulsa’s history that is The Mayo Hotel.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We loved this place. We stayed there for a wedding and were pleasantly surprised at how gorgeous our suite was. We also had some room service snacks and wine and the calamari was out of this world ( which was surprising in Oklahoma:0) I highly recommend this place to anyone finding themselves in Tulsa!!

• Stayed August 2012
Case T, Front Office Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your room and the wedding. We pride ourselves on being Tulsa's Premier Hotel to host special events and make every attempt to make each occasion truly memorable. Our head chef and his staff never cease to amaze with their excellent food whether it be room-service, serving our guests in our restaurant Trula, or catering for our special events. We will make sure to give them your compliments and look forward to seeing you in the future.
Blanchard, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have to say this is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in! The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, and we thought the price was reasonable! Next trip to Tulsa, OK, the Mayo Hotel will be our first choice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
On behalf of our entire staff we truly appreciate your kind words. We continue to make steps to always take the hotel to the next level and make guests feel like royalty. We look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in T-Town.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Mayo is a great hotel. Very beautiful, clean, comfortable cozy rooms. The staff I dealt with were all courteous, though not overly helpful.

I had a regular room on the 3rd floor (likely because I got it for a steal at one of those last minute websites ;) It had a spacious bathroom with body sprays in the walk in shower. Nice bar area with fridge/freezer. The room had a huge tv, though that did not really matter much to me.

All in all a top notch hotel. I'd definitely stay again especially for a discounted price!

Also the Topeca coffee shop attached to the hotel is outstanding. Best coffee and yummy food, too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We take great pride and strive to be The Hotel to stay when coming to Tulsa. We're glad you enjoyed the room and our premier walk in showers. Topeca is a great asset to our hotel and we recommend anyone looking for a great cup of coffee or a quick bite to eat to enjoy all they have to offer.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you as our guest again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My bride and I stayed here for our first nights after our wedding before flying out of town. We enjoyed our stay, and enjoyed the luxurious suite where we stayed. Several people have already mentioned the complete lack of dishes/glasses in the kitchenette, so I was prepared and brought my own ahead of time. So, that wasn't a big deal. But the multiple bigscreen TV's are worthless without any decent channels, and a complete lack of any DVD players, not even available from the front desk. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Mayo, and would have looked forward to coming back in the future. Except for what I found out when I left. I doubt we will ever set foot in the Mayo again.

On our last day here, my wife and I gave the valet some some items (including a handbag) to place in our car. All of the items made it to our car except for the handbag in question. All attempts to enlist the help of the hotel staff to locate the bag were unsuccessful, and the management was unable/unwilling help us find it. Seeing as the contents of that one bag were the only valuable items left with the valet, and seeing as he was the last one in known possession of the items, and seeing as my vehicle showed no signs of forced entry upon retrieval, I can only hold the valet (and hotel) responsible for the disappearance of the bag and its contents.

So now I'm out a MacBook (which holds the only copy of all my pictures from the last 5 years), several hundred dollars in cash, several jewelry items, and several expensive pairs of dance shoes. I know, I'm the stupid one to have handed over several thousand dollars worth of stuff to a minimum wage valet. But the hotel staff/management gave me the total runaround and refused to return my calls. Even when I showed up in person, they told me that there was noone there to help me (even though I stopped by during normal business hours). After TWO WEEKS of the runaround I finally got ahold of someone who said they could help look up video footage. Except by that time, their servers start deleting video, apparently. And the best I got from them was, "Well, there's nothing else we can do."

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank John L
JakeBaldwin, General Manager at The Mayo Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We appreciate your feedback and congratulate you on your recent marriage. Thank you for choosing The Mayo Hotel for such an important night in your life. In regards to the available television stations provided by the hotel, we appreciate your suggestion and are taking steps to enhance our in-room entertainment.

As a staff, we value our guests and their property. We give reports and inquiries of lost or missing items top priority. We investigate all missing items to ensure that if we are able to locate the items they are returned to the guest within a reasonable amount of time. We encourage past and future guests to notify the hotel as soon as they realize an item has turned up missing. If a missing item is brought to our attention quickly, the better we are able to use the resources available to us to locate the missing item.

We apologize that you feel this situation was not handled appropriately. I invite you to contact me personally at your earliest convenience to discuss the situation in more detail.

Again thank you for choosing The Mayo Hotel and taking the time to provide feedback. Guest feedback is our most valuable tool for improving the quality of our hotel.

Jake Baldwin
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

My husband & I spent our 25th anniversary overnight here. It is a wonderful Tulsa Treasure! Grand lobby. Excellent & friendly service. Valet parking. Spacious & comfortable rooms. Apparently the people who get to live here really enjoy it as well! Great photo opps :)

Stayed August 2012